I'm Stoked!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
I just picked up the Firefly TV series set on DVD for $25!!!!
Now if we'd just get some figures to go along with it!!

That is most likely a wise idea Ironman.......starting your own custom figures for Firefly. Sorry to say, but the series was not all that popular to begin with. Although it does have it's share of die hard fans, I doubt if there are enough to warrant Sideshow making figures from it, money wise. (I say this, hoping it does not bring the wrath of Firefly down upon me...or you either!)

I'm going to attempt a custom Ramirez from Highlander as soon as I get all the piecey-parts together. (Sideshow won't be making that character either, and I want him.) :sancho ( I know this is Sancho, but it's the closest thing they've got to Ramirez.)

I'd like to see pictures, if you do make your own Fireflies! Good luck with that!

Buffanatic said:
I'm going to attempt a custom Ramirez from Highlander as soon as I get all the piecey-parts together.
That's an ambitious custom indeed. Good luck.

Buffanatic said:
Sorry to say, but the series was not all that popular to begin with. Although it does have it's share of die hard fans, I doubt if there are enough to warrant Sideshow making figures from it, money wise. (I say this, hoping it does not bring the wrath of Firefly down upon me...or you either!)

Well, I totally disagree about that. Firefly aired on Fox, which was a bigger network than UPN and the WB and Firefly had actually more viewers than Buffy and Angel did. But because it was a bigger network they expected it to have larger numbers. And since it's cancellation it has only grown in popularity and remains a top seller in dvd sales three years after it was released. It definitely has more than enough fans to make it a worthy line for Sideshow to sell. There have been many on this board clamoring for Sideshow to do just that. No wrath in my disagreeing with you just stating that I think your perception on how large the fan base is is wrong.

Having a Firefly marathon, Ironman? I actually didn't see the series until after it came out on DVD. I think I paid $45.00 for it last year. :monkey4

I'd be all over a 1/6 line. And Dusty never gives an answer when asked about it. Does she know something? SDCC announcement? Dusty?

I got the Firefly set for Valentine's Day but I haven't re-watched the series because I want to finish up Angel. I'm up to the final 7 episodes of the fourth season... and I have the fifth season already on hold at the library.

Well it seems I may have been wrong about how many fans there were out there for Firefly. After all, Diamond Select has come out with a line of 6" figures, so somebody must be buying them! I watched the show when it first came out, but just couldn't get the same chemistry with it as with Buffy. That's of course, only my own personal opinion. Nothing wrong with the actors, in fact I like Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Gina Torres work in other productions, but the firefly stories just didn't do anything for me. Oh well, my loss I guess. For everybody else who are fans of the show, I hope they DO make figures for you. I just want everybody to be happy!

I wonder how the licensing works? If Diamond Select has it for the 6" figures, could Sideshow still get the permission to do 12" ones? I'd really like to know how that works.:confused:

Buffanatic said:
I watched the show when it first came out, but just couldn't get the same chemistry with it as with Buffy. That's of course, only my own personal opinion. Nothing wrong with the actors, in fact I like Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Gina Torres work in other productions, but the firefly stories just didn't do anything for me.

If your only exposure to Firefly was when it aired on Fox it might be worth it to at least rent the series or trying catchng it on the Sci-fi channel when they re-air it and give it another shot. Fox butchered Firefly by completely showing it out of order. They skipped completely over the pilot that was supposed to set everything up. They did show the pilot - it was the last episode they aired. A lot of people have commented that they didn't like the show when it was on but when they saw it in the correct order they fell in love with it. Still, no guarantee you'll like it but you might want to give it another try.

Buffanatic said:
Well it seems I may have been wrong about how many fans there were out there for Firefly. After all, Diamond Select has come out with a line of 6" figures, so somebody must be buying them! I watched the show when it first came out, but just couldn't get the same chemistry with it as with Buffy. That's of course, only my own personal opinion. Nothing wrong with the actors, in fact I like Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Gina Torres work in other productions, but the firefly stories just didn't do anything for me. Oh well, my loss I guess. For everybody else who are fans of the show, I hope they DO make figures for you. I just want everybody to be happy!

I wonder how the licensing works? If Diamond Select has it for the 6" figures, could Sideshow still get the permission to do 12" ones? I'd really like to know how that works.:confused:

I was just the opposite. As hard as I tried to get into Buffy, it didn't do anything for me. I didn't dislike it, I just wasn't my thing.

I hope Diamond Select doesn't still have the license, the 6" figures were pretty bad. I wish I knew how licensing worked, too.

I bought Firefly on dvd with a Christmas gift certificate....and I ended up selling it without watching it. I was clearing out some dvds I had never watched or only watched once and just didn't want to get into another television show, so I sold it. I don't really regret it since I didn't watch it...eh, maybe some day.....

To Firefly Flanatic; No wonder it seemed all screwed up to me at first watching.......it WAS! I may take your advice and try watching again.

To Batty; That's what makes the world go round! It's why two people standing in an art gallery can look at the same painting, and one loves it and the other hates it.....or the old saw, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." It keeps life interesting! and yes, as far as I know, Diamond select is still in charge of the 6" figures.

I watched Firefly on Fox and didn't love it at all until the next to last episode they aired. Then the pilot ran and I really loved that - and it was the last episode. I've watched all 13 episodes about 3 times now all the way through. It does take some time to grow on you.

I didn't really get into Firefly either when it first aired on Fox, but I re-watched the whole series when it aired on Sci-Fi just prior to Serenity's theatrical release and really enjoyed it except for "Jaynestown." That episode was just as corny as I remembered it being the first time around.

Obsolete Man, for me Jayne is the Cordelia of this series, an Id with feet. He has no on/off switch from his instinctual impulses, and this makes Jaynestown hilarious (and corny)!

Maybe the lull in Buffy/Angel pre-orders has just been a clever ruse, so Sideshow can spring a Firefly line on us, and catch us unawares!:lol

Back