X-men 3 movie clip with Sentinel vs Wolverine!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't they call that the fastball special in the comics??....I like when they take abscure things from the comics and put them in the movies!!

Maybe I'm just spoiled with all the really good Marvel movies and now Batman Begins, but honestly that clip looked like crapola to me.

but wasnt the fastball toss originally done with the Hulk??? i could care less but yeah that looks pretty cool i cant wait to see it.

~~~batman begins wasnt that great of a movie so why does everyone comparing it??

hairlesswookiee said:
~~~batman begins wasnt that great of a movie so why does everyone comparing it??
Really? :google I may be biased since I'm a huge Batman fan, but Batman Begins was one of the best comic book movies I've ever seen. I think a lot of other people would agree and see it as the standard that other comic book movies have to measure up to. I don't think this is fair considering how different one is from another.

I think the problem with X-Men 3 is all the bad press it's received before anyone's seen it. While the clip didn't "wow" me, I'm sure I'll see it.

I'm with Batty on this one. I would arguably call Batman Begins my favorite superhero movie. The only thing that didn't work for me was the casting of Katie Holmes--everything else was perfect.

Best comic book movies in my opinion:

Batman Begins
Spider-Man 2
Blade (part one...the sequels sucked)

You could also make a case for Conan the Barberian in there somewhere.

I saw this clip last night as well. I was happy to see Colossus but the effects wasn't there for me. The whole scene looked staged. I just hope that it is better than I saw last night.

Is SS going to release a Sentinel Statue Maquette? That would be awesome. :chew

The clip really reminded me for some reason of a live stunt show at Universal Studios. The Sentinel is unseen except for two headlights high up on the back of the stage, then Wolverine gets tossed up in the air with the help of some cables/wires, then the head comes rolling in from stage left, and that's all we ever see. That scene seemed to be completely reproducible using live stage techniques, and should have surpassed that level and given us something that could only be achieved through "movie magic." So far, I have seen nothing to change my mind about X3 since all of the negative stuff I read leading up to its rushed production. :monkey2

Yup, another rushed production so that the production companies can make toys and figures and make money out of us collectors. :monkey2

Did anyone see the "punk" clip of Hugh Jackman though? I thought that clip was better. :lol

student_toe5 said:
Yup, another rushed production so that the production companies can make toys and figures and make money out of us collectors. :monkey2

Did anyone see the "punk" clip of Hugh Jackman though? I thought that clip was better. :lol

the punk clip was hilarious! it really is funny to me that the man who plays Wolverine is so mellow and easy going. When he got punked he is covering his mouth in disbelief. :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
the punk clip was hilarious! it really is funny to me that the man who plays Wolverine is so mellow and easy going. When he got punked he is covering his mouth in disbelief. :lol

:lol :rotfl I can't wait to see the whole episode. Did you see his face almost in tears, shock, and hiding behind Brett Ratner? :rotfl and the mouth covering top it all off. :chew

Man, if I'd have been punked like that I would have ripped Ratner's and Kutchner's heads off.

I thought the X clip was okay, although Tom's comparing it to a stage production hit home. I doubt the Colossus effect could be done on stage though. I noticed the crowd at Leno's was underwhelmed, just a tiny smattering of applause.

What really got me about Jackman's Leno appearance was his outright lies - "it was always intended to be a trilogy", "I think this is the best of the three", "we spent a lot of time on this" - it kind of denigrates the other 2 films.

And the best comic movies:
Spiderman 2
Batman Begins
Superman: the Motion Picture

and soon to top the list - My Super Ex-Girlfriend! :rolleyes:

Batty said:
Really? :google I may be biased since I'm a huge Batman fan, but Batman Begins was one of the best comic book movies I've ever seen. I think a lot of other people would agree and see it as the standard that other comic book movies have to measure up to. I don't think this is fair considering how different one is from another.

I think the problem with X-Men 3 is all the bad press it's received before anyone's seen it. While the clip didn't "wow" me, I'm sure I'll see it.

I agree completely. Batman Begins ROCKS and I cannot wait for the next one. This series will only get better.

As far as the Logan clip, sometimes it's easy to see a scene like that out of context and be hyper critical. Yes, its looks like headlights in the fog, but who knows whats leading up to this moment and what else is going on? I'm hoping the film will be great.

sorry guys, but the ORIGINAL is THE best batman. i thought the acting in batman begins was awesome, the dark atmospere was great. bale is almost as good as keaton, the scarecrow was a joke, and the whole qui-gon jinn ninja idea was kind of out there. :monkey5

Clip looked pretty impressive to me. I'm really looking forward to it and as with all comic book movies I'm not going in with much in the way of expectations. I just want a movie that gives me my $8 bucks worth.

Just to see the cast playing these characters again will be worth the price of admission, but I remember how I felt at the end of X2--so pleased with the newest installment and excited to see how Bryan Singer would expand the saga in the next entry.

When I heard that they were doing it without him, I was bummed. Now, in the hands of Ratner, a great and promising, potentially long running series has suddenly become a mere trilogy. I am not looking forward to the events of the story that were thrown in just to satisfy the demands of certain members of the cast. The sad thing for me is that based on what I know right now, at the end of this movie, I won't really want to see another entry in the series. :monkey2

Back