Xanders shoes and another Oz guitar.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score
Take a leaf out of Firefly Flanatics book and got myself a little guitar for my Oz. I managed to purchase cheap (£4.95) a Sideshow David Hubbins (Spinal Tap) doll off of eBay here in the UK and used the guitar from that, plus I found that the sneakers that came with it were perfect for my Xander. More like the prototypes footware and far nicer then those dull brown things they ended up sticking on him.

oz.jpg

xan.jpg

shoes.jpg

Thanks for the insperation Flanatic I think Oz look much better with this rather then that daft pumkin! :lol

I love it!! Looking forward to seeing more of Oz's guitar collection when other people get one!! That's how I have him holding mine now too. And those sneakers are perfect for Xander! I wish Sideshow had kept the prototype ones.

By the way, those are fantastic pictures! Mine never come out looking that good.

Thanks love. I took it on my old Canon digital camera. I'm still a bit crap at using it, but slowly getting the hang of it!

Yes, it's a shame that they went with the brown sneakers for Xan, mainly because they were meant to be sneakers (not shoes) judging by the sculpt and you don't find many brown coloured pairs of those knocking around for sale!

I love the trainers there perfect,i may get some where do you get them?ebay?
the guitar is ok but wasnt oz's black/white?
cool buy
i may have to get me some of them:monkey1

Yes I got him from eBay last week.

As to guitar I quite liked that colour as it goes with the warm tones of his clothes, but he could be repainted to match anything you wanted.

buffy-collector said:
I love the trainers there perfect,i may get some where do you get them?ebay?
the guitar is ok but wasnt oz's black/white?
cool buy
i may have to get me some of them:monkey1

There has been some debate as to what color guitar Oz played. Some have said a Red Fender Stratocaster and others have said a black and white Fender Stratocaster. I'm sure he played more than one on the show. I just want to be accurate to one of them. To tell you how much I know about guitars, I found 1/6 guitar clearanced at a local Sam Goody... it was a white Fender Bass! And I almost bought it! It wasn't until I was at the cashier that I counted the strings. Duh! :monkey1

Can anyone, more computer savy than I, provide screen captures of Oz playing guitar from various episodes. I don't have the DVDs, I'm waiting until the May 30th re-releases.

I know it's probably a tall order, but I had to ask. :monkey3

And Zander looks much better with those shoes! I need to get a pair. And your Oz looks great playing the guitar as well, the colors go well together! Is that a Gibson? Does his amps go to 11? :confused:

My brother-in-law is a musician and has many different guitars so I'm guessing Oz would have had many as well even though we may have only seen a couple of them! :)

I like the red one I got but I really do think Sue's colors go very nicely with Oz's outfit.

Here are a couple of screenshots from Screencap Paradise:

Oz with the red Strat from Surprise;

And with the black B.C. Rich Warlock (as depicted on the DST bust) from Harsh Light Of Day.

These are the two that immediately come to my mind, but he played a variety of others. Dig through Screencap Paradise, I'm sure you'll find them.

But! Even if you get a guitar that's episode specific to Oz, you'll still have to deal with the fact that Oz's clothing is not episode-specific to the guitar.

My advice? pick up a Strat or Tele from Fender.com. You won't be disappointed.

swt.gif

FrankenFan said:
Here are a couple of screenshots from Screencap Paradise:

Oz with the red Strat from Surprise;

And with the black B.C. Rich Warlock (as depicted on the DST bust) from Harsh Light Of Day.

These are the two that immediately come to my mind, but he played a variety of others. Dig through Screencap Paradise, I'm sure you'll find them.

But! Even if you get a guitar that's episode specific to Oz, you'll still have to deal with the fact that Oz's clothing is not episode-specific to the guitar.

My advice? pick up a Strat or Tele from Fender.com. You won't be disappointed.

swt.gif

Wow, the guitar I bought for my Oz looks almost exactly like that first screen cap (the long part is gold where mine is black but the big part is the same)! How lucky was that? I just wanted to give my Oz a guitar and wasn't worried about it being episode specific so I think that's funny that I went and picked one that was just like it! Now I may have to go and make him a new outfit to match his guitar!!:lol

I'm pretty new to these boards but if you want a sweet 1/6 guitar check out fender.com and look at the collectibles section in the online shop. They are amazingly detailed and come with a strap, stand, and even a wireless cable setup. There $20 but look a lot better than others

Welcome, Rocktonix! Hope you enjoy this board!

I also ordered the black Strat from fender.com. They charged me tax but then it was free shipping so it was only like $21 total. Got it yesterday, haven't even had time to unpack it and get Oz set up with it. :D

Can you post pics? I've got a 1/6 bass I bought to match my actual bass but I don't have an oz figure. Just want to see how good it looks.

I'll see if I can post some pics. The TRICKY part is trying to remember where my digital camera is... :lol

Here's a few pics of Oz with the black Fender strat:

oz0002.jpg

oz1.jpg

I am really pleased with this one, it looks awesome. You can actually tighten the strings if you want. It also comes with a guitar strap, the cord, a small belt worn box that the cord plugs into (a little amp would have been cooler) a guitar stand and a bag of mini picks. Great deal for $20 and change shipped.

Thanks for those pics, Darth Rage. That's the one I got as well, so it's cool to see how it's going to look when I get mine set up with Oz. I agree it's not a bad deal for a great accessory! It's interesting that the fingers on his hands seem as though they were made to rest on a guitar. :monkey1

Well, I figured I might as well re-post my Oz photos as well seeing as this has now become the official "Show us your Oz guitar" thread!! Love seeing all of these! I love them all!

135734057_ef4d787d69.jpg

135734058_e943a319be.jpg

I love how you have him posed Darth!! Yours looks like he is very intent on playing his guitar and mine looks like he just spotted Willow in the Eskimo outfit when he was first smitten with her!!

Here's my contribution:

ozguitar1.jpg

ozguitar2.jpg

Seems kinda oversized to me compared to the preceding pics. Then again, it's not a electric guitar though... Oz has to sit to play the guitar since it lacks a strap...

Last edited:
fishyahoo said:
Here's my contribution:

ozguitar1.jpg

ozguitar1.jpg

Seems kinda oversized to me compared to the preceding pics. Then again, it's not a electric guitar though... Oz has to sit to play the guitar since it lacks a strap...
That looks like an electric to me. There's no hole to echo the sound, just pickups.
I still haven't picked one up for my Oz yet. I do have St. Hubbins, I just don't want to have him go Guitar less.

Back