Non-Attendee Price Increase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Somebody somewhere was wondering why the non-attendee exclusive items cost more than the attendee. I am too lazy to go and find where that was, so I am just going the easy route and posting it here. Straight from the SS SDCC FAQ:

Why are the prices different for Non-Attendee collectors?

The prices posted on the Attendee pre-order pages are SHOW PRICES, valid only for orders picked-up at the San Diego Comic-Con. Items made available to Non-Attendees have a normal cost, which includes the cost of order processing, packing and handling of the product. Non-Attendees will also be responsible for shipping fees and any applicable taxes / VAT / import fees on their shipment.

LINK

probably cause they know the majority of SDCC go'ers have already spent a fortune just to attend :lol

So how many were actually given to non-attendees? Did they set a certain amount and what wasn't sold yesterday was added to the non-attendee orders and that is why both verison are sold out?

SolidLiquidFox said:
what's the average cost of a room at a local hotel during SDCC?
I think the room my wife and I will be staying in is reserved at around $130 a night, but I could be wrong (she made the reservation, and I haven't checked on it myself). But you also have to include travel costs, and the cost of admission to the show.

RoboDad said:
I think the room my wife and I will be staying in is reserved at around $130 a night, but I could be wrong (she made the reservation, and I haven't checked on it myself). But you also have to include travel costs, and the cost of admission to the show.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I am not going. Lots of things to consider like food, room, admission, transportation to and from...I look forward to seeing pics from you guys.

i think the price increase is fair. the rest of the SW figures have been a little less, but remember this is probably the most wanted one out of all so far so i dont mind paying extra for him.

~~~the only problem im gonna have is deciding whether or not i should keep the regular anakin.:chew :chew

I wish that there was an In-N-Out Burger across the street from the Convention Center. As far as I can remember, the only things nearby are "sit and tip" restaurants.

All N-A SDCC Exclusives are priced more as I recalll and it has been that way for years. SDCC ticket costs are $50 and up so they are giving them a break. Any SSC garblings about The N-A price being the regular price is horse pooey, they are always priced above reg price. Reg and Ex Anakin were $55, the SDCC is $59 (the base and eye paint can't justify a 10% Increase in production costs) although the box is new but still, not 10% when the Edition size is so huge. Profits are already worked into the SDCC Attendees figs.

It's $5, who cares. At least SS is kind enough to give non-attendees the chance at getting exclusives!

I take the price increase to be a small price to pay for the convenience of being able to buy a convention exclusive without having to drop the serious cash to go to the convention itself. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever paying a little extra for this perk.

pjam said:
All N-A SDCC Exclusives are priced more as I recalll and it has been that way for years. SDCC ticket costs are $50 and up so they are giving them a break. Any SSC garblings about The N-A price being the regular price is horse pooey, they are always priced above reg price. Reg and Ex Anakin were $55, the SDCC is $59 (the base and eye paint can't justify a 10% Increase in production costs) although the box is new but still, not 10% when the Edition size is so huge. Profits are already worked into the SDCC Attendees figs.

Dude there are other factors involved for it costing more for NA. Like taking the time to ship them and the man hours involved on top of the base, eye paint, etc. I swear they give you a chance to get one even when you're not going and you still *****. Jeez.:rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
Dude there are other factors involved for it costing more for NA. Like taking the time to ship them and the man hours involved on top of the base, eye paint, etc. I swear they give you a chance to get one even when you're not going and you still *****. Jeez.:rolleyes:

Well said Josh....I guess there always has to be something to ***** about....:peace

kingdarkness03 said:
Well said Josh....I guess there always has to be something to ***** about....:peace

I just don't get some folks. I mean I get it they have the right but I mean come one a person isn't gonna go to the show and then the ***** because it's 5 bucks more. I'm not even gonna get into the fact that the figure for the ones going should be cheaper since going to the show costs so freaking much.

Back