Who else gonna do some expensive army building?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booyah!

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thinKing about when Sideshow starts cranking out Stormies, Clones, ect.

I open, so I'll end up needing to put together squads of multiples and such. I'm already saving up, I know I'll need at least six of each of some of the troop characters. At $50 a pop, it's gonna put the smackdown on my wallet.:D

And dear lord....If they make 501st or Shocktroops, I'll need to dip into that home equity...

Two of each MAX for me. They won't be $50 though. They will likely be more around $60. I'll at least get one of each, but hopefully two.

Well, those of us lucky to score Vaderkin yesterday and today will need at least a couple of special ops troopers. It'll be cool to place them behind Anakin as he is going to kick @$$ over at the Jedi temple. You will also need a couple of snow troopers behind Vader as he arrives at the rebel base in ESB.

I wonder what the exclusives on these troopers will be...

This is all assuming we're going to get that many variations of the clone and storm troopers.

But at least 2 stormies and we'll see about the rest.

I know SSC has stated in the past that they will be sensitive to the needs of army builders. Now, we all take that to mean variations and larger edition sizes.

But does anyone else think maybe it will result in lower pricepoints. Think about it....

501st Legion
Shocktrooper
212th Battalion (Cody's group)
Coruscant (gray markings)

There are four different figures that are all paint variations...absolutely no retooling of the armor needed at all. Whereas most of the figures to date have been unique characters, these will be cookie-cutter figures.

We've already seen how mass-production can lower the cost to a degree. Anakin was the most expensive Jedi (aside from Fisto), and he has a ton of accessories. Notice how all those same accessories come with Obi-Wan, Mace, and Qui-Gon. Yet...none of them are $54.99.

They recouped their cost on the accessories with Anakin and didn't need to charge extra for the other Jedi that have those same accessories.

I think we could possibly see Clonetroopers around $39.99 or $44.99. The Imperial age troopers would likely be more expensive because they aren't identical molds.

I would certainly love to get multiple classic stormtroopers, and a couple of generic white clonetroopers (Episode III please!), but as far as paint variations, I would probably only get one of each! I still salivate at the idea of getting nine ringwraiths though, so my insanity knows few boundaries!

I'll get one of each. The 501st and Shocks might be the only ones I would get two of.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Or what about this other scenario: make the commanders the exclusives. Can you imagine the Priority Preorder for Cody? :google

Well, if they do specific Commanders then I'll get those as well.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Or what about this other scenario: make the commanders the exclusives. Can you imagine the Priority Preorder for Cody? :google

we're gonna need more server fans, that's for sure! :lol

Last edited:
Six to twelve Stormtroopers if "generic". I'll get any variants as well if possible. Not sure on the clones yet but multiples for sure. The Emperors Guards are going to be worthy of at least two also and multiples of some kind on endor rebels, snowtroopers, sandtroopers etc.. Also Imperial and Rebel pilots.
This is starting to sound as expensive as WWII military unit building, although hopefully a little simpler.

The only figure I'll definitely buy two of, if SSC makes them, are the red royal guards.

I may buy variations of clones, but I can't afford, and, more importantly, don't have the space for, the level of clone multiples that I collect in 3 3/4" scale.

I don't need to build armies. The way I set up is each figure is it's own display. Dioramas end up looking cluttered. I might get a stormy anda royal, but I've no interest in clone troops. I don't know why, but they just don't appeal to me. I guess I really prefer face characters.

I just want one ROTJ biker scout and one of those green camo clones from ROTS, and I'm good. Army building $50 figures is for rich folk.

Back