A Thankyou.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaderx

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Well, the non-attendee allotment for Sith Anakin/Darth Vader has sold out now. I was getting a bit freaked out after the first twenty minutes had gone by and i hadnt even made it to the login page, but i got there eventually and got one.

Just really wanted to say thanks to Sideshow for putting such a large amount aside for the non-attendee's. Obviously the Sith Annakin is the largest edition size for an exclusive so far in the star wars line, But for it to have taken the 70-odd minutes it took to sell out shows that Sideshow put aside a large amount for those of us either not in the US or not able to go to SDCC.
I for one realise that this was an 'Exclusive' to SDCC and in some ways, by rights I shouldnt even have had a shot at getting one. Being from the UK I'm doubley grateful that so many were put aside for non attendees. Theres no way on earth Id have been able to afford to go to SDCC to get this figure.

What a great Company. You guys obviously care about your customers and You have wonderful customer service people. Everyone here speaks so highly of the CS department. Same goes for the people like chicky and Dusty etc etc who post on the boards I dont know of any other company (in any industry) that people speak so highly of regarding their interaction with their customers.. You should be proud of yourselves, and Im sure you are. Rightly so too. Everyone loves the sideshow girls. :)

So.. yeah, this is just a long winded way of saying Thanks for todays exclsuive pre-order. It's much appreciated. You guys have made a lot of people pretty happy today.

Ok, Thats more than enough Ass kissing.

Bring on the Maul !!! ;) I need a big angry ladybird(bug) Sith dude to go with all these Jedi. That or a female figure huh? Its time for girl to show up to turn those Jedi Heads.

Cheers again.

Last edited:
In Stephen Colbert style I'd like to give a Wag of the Finger to Sideshow for creating a feeding frenzy that outmatched their server capacity. But a Tip of the Hat to Sideshow for making so many Sith Anakins available.

And in this case, the Tip of the Hat far outweighs the Wag of the Finger. Thanks, Sideshow! You rock like Donkey Kong!

I think if the fans had not failed, the servers would have not fried!

Any bets on how many server fans will now be kept stocked in Sideshow's supplies cabinet? :D

Yeah you guys in other countries have it rough, but I am glad those who could get one had no problem. I wish it were the other way around sometimes (I mean you Medicom) but all is well. :chew

Yeah, I have to throw in big thanks to Dusty and all the others who have come here and helped us out on numerous occasions, and for keeping us informed of various things of interest... (like the fans exploding...:lol )

SSC is my favorite company, one whose logo I can feel proud about sporting on my keychain. I tell everyone I know about them and the awesome products they have. The spectacular customer service and interest in our opinions is what makes it even that much cooler to say that nearly 90% of my collecting money goes to them.

Sideshow, you guys rock! And seriously, thanks for helping Star Wars fans like me have a chance for this exclusive.

Do the hustle :chew

I think it is great that everyone has been able to get this piece, but as Vaderx pointed out, it kind of raises the question, why call it a Comic Con exclusive at all? I don't think there would have been any less demand for it if it had simply been advertised as a Sideshow exclusive.

Yeah, this should show just how much SS cares even if you can't make it to SDCC. SS is top notch plain and simple.

RoboDad said:
I think it is great that everyone has been able to get this piece, but as Vaderx pointed out, it kind of raises the question, why call it a Comic Con exclusive at all? I don't think there would have been any less demand for it if it had simply been advertised as a Sideshow exclusive.

Well, it is an item meant for SDCC. SS just chooses to sell some to those not going.That's why it's a SDCC Exclusive and not just a SS one.

jlcmsu said:
Well, it is an item meant for SDCC. SS just chooses to sell some to those not going.That's why it's a SDCC Exclusive and not just a SS one.
Don't take this the wrong way, Josh, but you completely contradicted yourself here. I'm not saying Sideshow shouldn't sell it to anyone who wants it. I'm just saying that doing so makes it not an exclusive to the event. It can't be sold to everyone, and be exclusive to Comic Con. The two concepts are, well, mutually exclusive ;).

RoboDad said:
Don't take this the wrong way, Josh, but you completely contradicted yourself here. I'm not saying Sideshow shouldn't sell it to anyone who wants it. I'm just saying that doing so makes it not an exclusive to the event. It can't be sold to everyone, and be exclusive to Comic Con. The two concepts are, well, mutually exclusive ;).

Why can't the item be meant for a show be labled an exclusive to the event but also a few be sold to those not going? GG does. Hasbro Does it. Pretty much anyone who sells one at SDCC will do it. That in no way makes it not an exclusive to that show. You can't go just anyplace and get it can ya? No. So it's still an exclusive to that show.

Plus of course, It helps reduce the chances of those who really want the figure having to pay extortionate prices on the secondary market like Ebay. I think that might be a large factor in Sideshows choice to make so many available to non attendees.

Vaderx said:
Plus of course, It helps reduce the chances of those who really want the figure having to pay extortionate prices on the secondary market like Ebay. I think that might be a large factor in Sideshows choice to make so many available to non attendees.

I agree. SS is a collector friendly and collector first company. Something, I trully love about them.

Wor-Gar said:
Is there a better company? I don't think so.

Not that I know of.

I like GG stuff. I plan on getting all the Ep3 Clone busts including the Shock from SDCC.

Let's use them though. It's April 28th and I would guess if your a major company like GG you would have an idea of what your going to do with your SDCC Exclusive. They still dont know so they say which is frustraiting not knowing how if you're gonna be there how you might get one if you can. Unlike SS who says this is what we have and how we are gonna do it so those going or not know how they can possibly get one. Not that GG is a bad company because they aren't. They are great but they are a tad frustrating to collectors.

Back