I THINK I'VE BEEN SPIKED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Well, it looks like my search for a Spike continues after all.:monkey2

The seller that I purchased him from has yet to respond to my persistent e-mails for an update on the status of my item for the last six days.

While I was managing my Ebay auctions on Monday, I noticed a notation that appears on My Ebay page under "Items That I've Won" heading that stated the seller who sold it to me is no longer registered with Ebay. I've shot a few e-mails to him since then with no word back.

I have a feeling that I'm not getting a Spike from this seller.

Strange, the seller is a UK seller with a clean feedback profile. He had a rating of 35 with 50 overall positive feedbacks and NO negatives or neutrals.

I'm not sure what my options are here. According to Ebay rules. I know I have to wait a few days before I can file anything about this with them. I paid for the "Second Chance" auction with Paypal. I'm hoping to get my money back but I'm not sure if the fact that the seller is an International seller will be a negative factor. In the eight years doing business on Ebay, this is the first time I got shafted.

I guess I was due. :eek:

In hindsight, I should have taken your offer, Firefly Flanatic! I would have had him in my hands by now. :monkey2

I'm sorry to hear that, Protozaius. Definitely file as soon as you can... Hope you can get your money back at least.

I got the shaft once, by a person with 100% positive feedback. I wanted the items so badly and I let them manipulate me. I lost the money. It was an awful experience. Thinking about it still upsets me.

Sorry to hear the bad news Proto! I'm sure one will come your way eventually even if this one doesnt end with a spike in your arms!

That's horrible, I hope he comes through and sends out your Spike!!!!

Interesting....I just got screwed on one by a UK seller too. Used BIN and payed right away and then got an email the next day from him saying there was a mistake in the listing and that the item was unavailable. Got a refund with a bit of a hassel.
:emperor :emperor :emperor

That truly sucks, Protozaius. (sighs) OK, it's back on the hunt for a Human Spike! :eek:

But maybe this seller will grow a conscience and send you the figure you paid for. Good luck, and keep us apprised. :grouphug

That really sucks! I still have my daughter's available if it doesn't work out for you. But, give it a few more days and maybe they'll come through.

I had one bad experience with Ebay myself. Bought an Xbox package with a ton of games and then never got it. I paid through paypal but used my credit card to pay it with and let them take care of it. It took about a year to get it all straightened out but I did eventually get my money back. MasterCard took care of it (even though there was a lot of paperwork and letters back and forth).

I've had fake "second chance" emails sent to me. Sent by someone other than the original seller, they pretend to be offering a 2nd item for the same bid price. Was there anything suspicious about the 2nd chance email?

Zaius, I think Dave might be onto something. Did you get a copy of the Second Chance offer in your ebay account page? I buy some pricey stuff on ebay on behalf of my dad who isn't really computer literate, and we get flooded with offers for a "second chance" that are often bogus. I have also seen (and been victim of) sellers who list many items in a short period, collect a lot of money, and then shut down their accounts, even with pretty good feedback!

Can you check the sellers contact information and get their phone number? If so, call him/her and see what happens.

Definitely agree with Fritz....there's no harm in trying to contact the seller by other means if they can't be reached by email.

Seaward said:
Zaius, I think Dave might be onto something. Did you get a copy of the Second Chance offer in your ebay account page? I buy some pricey stuff on ebay on behalf of my dad who isn't really computer literate, and we get flooded with offers for a "second chance" that are often bogus. I have also seen (and been victim of) sellers who list many items in a short period, collect a lot of money, and then shut down their accounts, even with pretty good feedback!

Yeah, I have a link to the transaction on My Ebay page... it even tells me that I have paid for the item. I used the auction link in my Paypal payment.

Unfortunately, the seller (who did have 100% positive feedback) did not have
a rating of 50 or more so I will not be eligible for the Paypal Buyer Protection program. If I read the fine print right, because of this I may get my money back IF there is money already in the account.

I sincerely doubt that he will be stupid enough to leave the money in the account.

I did get his contact information. I'm going to try to get a hold of him this weekend. Let's see if this works. But I'm thinking that IF I get in touch with him he will have some quick excuse but will keep the item... if he even ever had it.

Given how quick he was to answer my e-mails BEFORE I paid him, I think he has no intention of making good on the transaction.

Then I'll have to add the cost of a long distance call to the UK to the tab of this mistake.

Good luck Zaius, sometimes this stuff is quickly resolved with a phone call. Maybe his computer got knocked out. Weirder things have happened on ebay. Failing that, sic abstractharmony on 'em!

abstractharmony said:
Dude,

PM me his info and the auctions info & stuff. I'll give him a ring for you. I'm in the UK and a very scary sounding Mancunian!

That's awesome. Do it, Proto!

And if Proto does, Abstract, you have to give us a full report.

abstractharmony said:
No problemo,

I'm feeling the need to deal out some justice to dodgy e-bay sellers...

Check your PMs. You might just find something in there. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

OK!

Done!

The telephone number that had been provided to e-bay was incorrect. So after a bit of Sherlock Holmes detective work I tracked down the correct number and spoke to Andrew's father.

This man was incredibly nice. He said that Andrew had been very busy packaging up a lot of auctions this week. He went to check the living room and confirmed that there was a Human Spike there in the pile of Auction things.

I explained that you had been chasing by e-mail but with no response and you were, understandably, getting a bit jittery. As Andrew was out I didn't speak to him but his dad assured me that he would get Andrew to e-mail you tonight and send out the package on Monday.

Job's a good 'un!

So - within 7-10 days you'll have your spike and the world will be right again!

I'll keep hold of his number just in case there is still no contact. Drop me a mail if you haven't heard anything by Wednesday and I'll give him another call.

He also only lived 5 minutes up the road so I could 'pay him a visit' if things don't go to plan!!!!!!!!!!

:emperor

Hope this is OK.

Mark!

Great sleuthing Abstract!!! Glad to hear it's not another Ebay rip-off story. I don't know why sellers don't contact buyers and let them know what's going on. I've had some that never reply once I've paid and I have to e-mail them to make sure they got paid and ask when the package is coming.

Zauis, let us all know when you finally get him!

Back