The Shining (1980) Alternate Ending

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SculptorJoel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone here seen the alternate ending to Stanley Kubrick's 1980 film The Shining, personally my favourite film with my favourite actor (Jack Nicholson) and I was wondering if anyone had seen the alternate ending with the hospital scene which was only shown aparently for a few days after being realesed?

Knew about it but never seen it. Few have unless you went to one of the first screenings.

Theres other movies with stuff that got cut but its Kubrick so I question how neccassary any of it is.

If I remember correctly Stuart Ullman, the hotel manager was in the scene in the hospital at the end, and I think they basically alluded to never finding Jack's body anywhere in the maze.

Interesting but much better the way it ends already.

Knew about it but never seen it. Few have unless you went to one of the first screenings.

Theres other movies with stuff that got cut but its Kubrick so I question how neccassary any of it is.

If I remember correctly Stuart Ullman, the hotel manager was in the scene in the hospital at the end, and I think they basically alluded to never finding Jack's body anywhere in the maze.

Interesting but much better the way it ends already.

Yeah, That's the one! I heard that exact one to, and the first screenings! Would love to see it anyway! But yeah, like you said, it does not sound as good as it ends in the film!

Kubricks stuff never sees the light of day after it gets axed so we'll probably never see it until a 3rd generation Kubrick wants to make a buck.

Back