Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedah Kalm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw this posted in the Indy section and figured it should be here as well because of the teaser at the bottom of the message.

From the Hot Toys Facebook page:

162984_471225002343_58690437343_6108821_6624517_n.jpg

Dear Fans, our 10th Anniversary Exhibition in Tokyo is coming in just a week! Are you ready for that?
At the event, we will have new and greatly expected licenses & products to be unveiled!

To kill your thirst, we now proudly announce the FIRST licensed product here which must be highly anticipated by fans for long!! Here, we are excited to bring you with the teaser of our MMS DX Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, which is a collaborated project with Sideshow Collectibles, and will be FIRST unveiled in the Hot Toys 10th Anniversary Exhibition <Tokyo Event> on Dec 24-26, 2010!!!

In 2011, we will have even more breathtaking, overwhelming and unexpected licenses to be announced! Stay tuned!

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US!!!

I honestly didn't think that Hot Toys would do Star Wars since they seem to be pretty friendly with Sideshow, and have even collaborated with each other on figures. Seems like they'd be stepping on their toes.

Really wonder what they'll be bringing to the table.

Don't hold your breath. Sideshow doesn't own the Star Wars 1:6 license. And what we saw with the Ultimate Fail figure, Medicom isn't giving up theirs any time soon. My guess is they'll still contribute with bodies, etc., but highly doubtful HT will take over.

If they are its in conjunction with SS. Doing so with Sideshow, Hasbro, and LFL blessing. They'd be doing this within Sideshow license.

I will have a heart attack if HT does some EU figures particularly anything KOTOR related! And the tough of an HT Boba Fett or Vader

I will stick to what I'm doing now with SW in that it will be Vader, Clones, and Fett's. The rest will be on a total case by case basis.

I would nt like to be the one to merge all these threads...

I wonder if HT will venture into all the side characters, or just stick to the main ones. I'm inclined to think the latter, since HT usually makes just a few figs from a license.
I'm actually hoping so as well... I wouldn't want to see Star Wars becoming the main license, with everything else being pushed aside.

So we're getting ultimate team-ups now? Enterbay + Medicom and Hot Toys + Sideshow? (Yeah, technically Hot Toys and Sideshow already tag-teamed the Star Wars armor realm).

Interesting.

Well, I know who's bandwagon I'll hitch too. This is an impressive announcement just to see Hot Toys take crack at Ford and a DX Indy to boot - pretty awesome news. Now I won't feel bad about selling my Sideshow Indy last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hot Toys takes on more of the Star Wars license - does a DX Han Solo sound that far fetched in light of the Indy announcement? It's a good way to double-dip.

The only credence I give it is the last line. So I give it a small chance.

... wait a minute ...

I need to read more slowly - just realized I missed the bottom part ...

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US

That's a hell of a tease man.

Depending on what they show in a couple weeks, a lot of people may be "upgrading" their collections.

Read the statement Hot Toys just put on their FB page. It clearly states: THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US.

And? That doesn't mean ____ till they tell you what it means. Likely it just means more SW collaborations, like they're already doing with the Clones.

Yeah, and that means everything. Just like the last teaser with the spoon meant the Matrix to everyone. Look how pissed off they got when it wasn't! :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back