20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
David Fincher to direct it

https://geektyrant.com/news/2010/12/15/david-fincher-confirmed-for-20000-leagues-under-the-sea.html

Back in May of this year we reported that David Fincher was in negotiations with Disney to direct a new big screen adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. It's now been confirmed that Fincher is officially attached to the film, and he will bring it to life. The confirmation came from the same LA Times article that talked about Jon Favreau's departure from Iron Man 3.

I figured Fincher would end up doing it, because it seems like he was really excited about what he could do with the film. In a previous interview with the producer of the film, Sean Bailey, he said that this movie will be Fincher's Empire Strikes Back. Fincher is one of my favorite filmmakers, and I'm extremely excited to see what he is going to do with this classic Jules Verne story.

The story follows a French professor of marine biology who is taken prisoner aboard the rogue submarine Nautilus in 1873. He travels an underwater world with his captors, while discovering the philosophy and technical knowledge of the vessel's strange Captain Nemo--Latin for "no one." Battling giant sea creatures, collecting sunken gold, and sinking enemy ships.

This sounds great! Fincher is a great director, and him combined with a story like this, could make for an awesome film!!! I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Hello Karma, I just joined. I'm curious about the new 20,000 Leagues movie. Thanks for posting this information.
My father was a set painter for the movies, and he worked on part of the Disney's movie of 20,000 Leagues, painting
the submarine I would guess. I've been fascinated by the Disney Nautilus ever since the movie first came out. Anyway,
I'll be looking forward to seeing Fincher's movie, and, and as well, what it's Nautilus design will be like.

Fincher will most certainly make it dark...One of my favorite 1950's films

i loved the book but i never liked how it ends. Never liked the ending

I love the beginning when people thought it was a monster creature the best. it was suspenseful and i loved that

I heard Fincher might have abandoned ship (pun intended) and won’t be directing this anymore. I was looking forward to this, with Brad Pitt starring, hopefully the rumors are wrong.

Back