My 1/4 SSE Vampyre Display - Finished!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occulum

ExeKutioner
Reaction score
My 1/4 SSE Vampyre Display - Few more Pics

Well almost finished, I still have to attach the door to the wall.
Been working on this sucker for a few weeks now.

Im really happy with how this turned out and can't wait to give similar treatment to the rest of the SSE PF Universals.

but I need a break right now
thanks for lookin. :monkey5

VampDisplay01.jpg

VampDisplay02.jpg

VampDisplay03.jpg

VampDisplay04.jpg

VampDisplay05.jpg

VampDisplay06.jpg

Last edited:
S****...OCCULUM ONCE AGAIN YOU AMAZE ME!!!! BEST DISPLAY FOR A PF EVER!!!! YOUR PICS LOOKS JUST LIKE SOME SCREEN SHOTS FROM THE MOVIE.BEST USE OF A PF I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THIS SITE...AWECORE !!!

thanks guys :eek: .. it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

funny thing is. I never thought it would be as big as it is. I dont really have anywhere to put it! :lol
Im hoping to have a wall lined with each of the monsters when we move to a bigger house sometime next year.

thanks again!

HOLY SHIZNIZITE!!!!! Dude, I need one for mine. Love the Nosferatu title on top and the lettering on the bottom. And you said you are not done???!!! You're crazy man :emperor

Man that's an awsome display!!!!!!!

If your planning to do that to other silver screen monsters you have, I suggest you get a bigger house :lol

GREAT WORK!:chew

CookieMonster said:
If your planning to do that to other silver screen monsters you have, I suggest you get a bigger house :lol
that's definitely on the schedule :D

.. Im hoping that by the time I get around to Frank's display that I'll have a Bride to put with him.....
workin that glass-half-full angle again. :monkey1

thanks again folks!

That is INSANE!!!!!!! How did you make that?!!! The Orlok looks REAL and the display is JUST phenomenal. I cant believe this, HOW did you make it!

:google

SoryIm just really flabbergasted.

Awesome job!!! Really impressed with this display, can't wait to see what else you come up with.

BDboystoys said:
HOW did you make it!
thanks!

I've never really built/made anything like this before. and to be honest it wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be. Just time consuming.
the main part was having the woodworking tools to make everything.
luckily Im familiar with 3D programs in my day job, and I designed it on my computer first. I'll attach an image of the concept.

otherwise it was just putting it together and painting it. Outside is just black with gray dry-brushed over it. really simple. toughest to paint was the back wall. took a few times to get something I liked.

Ive been trying to sculpt recently too and had a lot of sculpey laying around and thats what I used as the door frame and put on a piece of wood for the base. Then on the base added miniature railroad sand & rocks from Hobby Lobby.
Molding is from Hobby Lobby too.
They make wiring that type of lighting stupid proof! I bought the lights from Lowe's and you just open the casing on the light, lay the wire in and shut the door and connectors push into the wire and its done. Same for the plug and the switch is simple too.

and finally I have a good friend who works at a sign company who cut the plexi & letters/vinyl for me for free outta scrap at his shop.

Orlok is untouched. Straight SS product.
:monkey1

I'm impressed every time I see those photos. How much time do you think you put into it?

Batty said:
I'm impressed every time I see those photos. How much time do you think you put into it?
hard to say. I worked on it for 3-4 weeks in the evenings whenever I got the urge. which sped up the closer I got to finishing it.
I learned a lot and will build the next one faster and with less materials than I used on this one. Learned what NOT to do while building this one.

Im going to attach the door tonite and I'll post pics of it taken apart for the fun of it.

thanks again

That's so awesome!! You did a fantastic job. :rock
I particularly love the night shot...

occulum said:
Well almost finished, I still have to attach the door to the wall.
Been working on this sucker for a few weeks now.

Im really happy with how this turned out and can't wait to give similar treatment to the rest of the SSE PF Universals.

but I need a break right now
thanks for lookin. :monkey5

VampDisplay03.jpg

I was going to ask how you did those letters, great font choice, really looks professional.
I just got a vision of cutting small gaps in the top panel behind the Nosferatu lettering so that some light could pass behind the name in the darkness...

Can't wait to see more of your AWECORE creations!!! :bow

Best........Display..........EVER! :google

That is absolutely amazing and adds an entire new level
to the statue being displayed. I've never seen any better.

JS :monkey5

Back