Sideshow Screwed Me Over!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini-Rock

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, today, I had the displeasure of dealing with Sideshow's customer service manager, Dawn Sadowskie. I was in customer service for a high-end electronics retailer for years and have never dealt with a CSM of such unbecoming conduct. About a month and a half ago, when the first FLEX Payments were going through for the Darth Maul 1:1 bust, there was an issue regarding my CC. I was informed by Dawn that they were having trouble charging the first $200 installment through. At the time, I though it could be possible since I had made some major purchases and the CC may have gotten low, but later found out, from my bank, that there had always been sufficient funds available on the card. When I called Dawn to let her know it could be a problem on her end, she snapped at me and said, "We charge thousands of credit cards everyday. It's not on Sideshow's end." I let it roll off me since my only concern was getting the payment taken care of. She snapped and complained through most of the conversation, and it wasn't until I called her the next day that she seemed to be in a better, and more helpful, mood. She then conceded that the problem "could have been on their end" and that she would be sure to call me if there were any other issue's regarding my card. I thanked her, and gave her a number she could reach me at anytime just in case. While not the best CS I've ever had, I still came away feeling good...ultimately.

Well, Saturday, I receive an email from the "order desk" that my Maul order had been cancelled. I emailed her, and also checked on the CC to see if it was a mistake. My CC still had well over $1000 available on it. So, I call first thing this morning to find out why. Before I could even get a word in, she yelled at me stating "Your order has been cancelled, and that is the end of it!" I asked several times why she didn't call me if there was a problem like she said she would, and she tried to say that she emailed me several times. I never received an email from SS stating that there was any problem. Now, I'm irritated. She then tried to blame it on my "spam filter" but there is no spam filter on webtv, and even so, all other emails (newsletter updates, and shipping notices) all came through. She said it was "my problem, not hers." As I was starting to ask her to reinstate the order, she belted out "NO!" By this time, I'm sick of her rude interuptions and tell her not interupt me again. It didn't do any good; so, I just hung up. I was almost in shock over what just happened. I just couldn't believe it. I never even got the reason why it was cancelled.

Now, I'm totally bummed that I may miss out on this piece. Not only that, but, when I came home today, and went into my HT, my SS collection seemed...well...less special because of this experience. I've been totally screwed! It is not something I'd expect from SS, and I'm honestly disgusted.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you have better luck.

Good lord..... Man, Rock... that is terrible to hear. I'm really sorry that this happened to you. :monkey2

This is the first time I've ever heard of something like this at SSC. I can totally understand how you must feel. To wait so long for something and to make sure that everything is in order, only to have it crash and burn without any reason?.... It's horrible.

Well I'd be curious what Sideshow has to say for their defense on the matter...Really sorry to hear that Mini-rock...Hope all will be o.k. and that you will get your Maul bust somehow...Concerning that Dawn girl...well maybe it was ''that'' time of the month you know....

Shaihulud said:
Well I'd be curious what Sideshow has to say for their defense on the matter...Really sorry to hear that Mini-rock...Hope all will be o.k. and that you will get your Maul bust somehow...Concerning that Dawn girl...well maybe it was ''that'' time of the month you know....

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Shaihulud said:

I don't know man. I think bipolar would be more accurate. Still, whatever it was, I don't think I, or anyone else for that matter, should ever have to deal with that. I'd also be curious to hear what SS has to say. I don't see how they could let someone like this be head of their CS dept. She was totally out of control.

Dude...that's terrible. I hope they take care of you. The way I see it all of us that hang out in these forums regularly are like VIPs. We support SS a lot through purchases, feedback and word of mouth. We should be treated with extra care.

The whole thing sounds very uncharacteristic of Sideshow. I would like to see them respond and make things right, if possible. Whenever I have dealt with Sideshow's customer service, it has been a positive experience. I hope that they can redeem themselves in your situation!

Sounds like a bad experience.. My 1st thoughts were what Shai said..

Personally I've had all positive experiences dealing w/ sideshows CS.. Yet I've been treated like this from other complanies CS and I feel for you..

Sideshow, get this man his Bust. WTF.

I think someone from Sideshow that frequents this forum needs to step up to the plate and help Mini-Rock. If this is an example of their treatment of one of their hardcore collectors then that sucks royally. I'm not saying we require special treatment, but we do deserve respect. Sideshow's customer service uptil now has been one of it's strong points. I wish it's a misunderstanding and can be resolved quickly. Mini-Rock, please keep us up posted on farther devolpments.

Yeah, sounds so unlike SS. I have faith they will help get things fixed.

and remember that one person does not make a company. they make a great product and think of all of the positive experiences you've had with them.....but if you have a dr. doom exl., you can cancel that. JK! had to throw a joke in there somewhere. don't let the one experience dull you or then that person wins because they passed on their bad mood to you. :D

Is there any we could do about it? That is appalling and should be dealt with accordingly. I opt for a petition or something, that is just unacceptable customer service.

Mini-Rock, As your forum pal both here and at the Code 3 site (where I am ALSO Indy Fett!) I am disappointed to hear this news. My dealings with SS have been FANTASTIC! I hope they make good on this 'hiccup' and offer you a D.M. bust at a discount! Sounds like they might owe you something for the unfortunate circumstance. Try not to let one person (or one order) interfere with your love of collecting though. THAT would be the ultimate disappointment.

Now fellow collectors...what can we all do to band together to help out our man Mini-Rock?

:maul

There are some variables as to what can cause a CC to be declined. Was the last 3 digits on the back of your card (Cvv2 number) or 4 digits if it's Amex verified over the phone with SS? Was the expiration date entered properly? Was the billing/shipping address the same for your order? Sometimes merchants (meaning SS) need to verify addresses with CC companies and if they don't match up they can be declined. These are common mistakes that cause CC to be declined. Hope this helps. Also did you PM anyone from SS before making this thread, probably best to put this in another forum.

Hmm, I find that picture to be very Freudian...

Good luck with your bust mini-rock. I hope that sideshow takes steps to correct this. I had a problem where my credit card was declined (didn't update the expiration date) over my exclusive moonraker Bond and I never got an e-mail so I wonder if there is some sort of problem with that...

Totally unlike SSC CS girls to treat any customer that way. They have ALWAYS taken good care of me, no matter the difficulty. Maybe job stress, dealing with so much stuff coming out created that moment...

I betcha Dusty will read this thread and make things right for you.

Uh oh, Tom's back with the GIANT pics. Look out!!!!

Sucks Mini!

I have never had any problems with Dawn! In fact she helped me out when I thought I was screwed to say the least! Maybe you talked to Bizzaro Dawn, I hear she works there part time... :maul

He's had a chance to air his greivances, I'll leave it open in case anyone from SSC cares to comment.

I have to say that I've dealt with CS many, many times, including credit card problems and they've never been anything but helpful.

And please remember that there are at least 2 sides to every story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back