The Wachowskis ~ HOOD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
robin_hood_the_wachowskis_slice.jpg

Here’s a strong early contender for “Coolest News of December”: Andy and Lana Wachowski will write and direct Hood, a “modern, urban take” on the Robin Hood legend. Naturally, the details of their approach is under tight lock and key at this early stage, though I know instantly I want to see the flight of the arrow through the Wachowski lens. Heat Vision reports the siblings have begun the recruiting process, with Will Smith near the top of their wishlist. (You may recall that Smith was offered the role of Neo in The Matrix, but turned it down to star in Wild Wild West. This is you chance to rectify that unfortunate choice, Mr. Smith.)

After a few years removed from the public eye following my beloved Speed Racer, The Wachowskis now have a series of projects lined up. As the siblings develop Hood, they will continue to assemble their Iraqi War Film CN-9. Likewise, they will produce and perhaps direct Cloud Atlas — starring Tom Hanks, Natalie Portman, and Halle Berry — this summer.

Last edited:
Back