One of Medicom's RAREST RAH : AKIRA's - Kaneda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WEAPON X

Super Freak
Reaction score
Medicom's RAREST RAH : AKIRA's - Kaneda

Producded by Medicom Toys, sold on one day only, on August 20th '2000, at Japan, Tokyo's Wonderfest. Approximately 50,000 people attended the festival and only the first 900 attendees (lined up for hours) were given the opportunity to purchase one of the exclusives.

Medicom was authorized by Go Nagai (Dynamic Productions), licensee of the AKIRA properties to develop three figures for this particular day and this day ONLY!

Only 300 were produced of Shotaro Kaneda, Neo Tokyo Army OTU (A) and KOU (B) (150 each produced).

This one could be truly regarded to some as the Michael Jordan of the 12" world. :bow

Last edited:
Looks like crap. There were only 300 Patient Zeros made, and he looks much better. He is the real Jordan, this is a wannabe like Kobe.

I agree Buttmunch.

This figure looks awful.

Just because something is limited doesn't mean it's good.:monkey3

BTW, why is this in the Marvel forum??

Buttmunch said:
Looks like crap. There were only 300 Patient Zeros made, and he looks much better. He is the real Jordan, this is a wannabe like Kobe.

:lol :lol thats cold blooded buttmunch,but kinda funny:D

kingdarkness03 said:
:lol :lol thats cold blooded buttmunch,but kinda funny:D

Kingdarkness03, Thank you for your support! I too thought that was a rude statement by Buttmunch! But... "Never expect warm feelings from a cold blooded fish"!

Again, Thanks for your support! :bow

Be Well! :rock

Last edited:
Re: Medicom's RAREST RAH : AKIRA's - Kaneda

WEAPON X said:
Medicom was authorized by Go Nagai, licensee of the AKIRA properties to develop three figures for this particular day and this day ONLY!

This figure also looks like it has been created in one day...

WEAPON X said:
This one could be truly regarded to some as the Michael Jordan of the 12" world.

Correction: the Michael Jordan of the 11'' world ...

Last edited:
I'm at a loss to understand this reaction. It looks exactly like the source material and is a pretty cool figure if you know Akira. I'm not that big a fan of the property, but I'd definitely get it if the price weren't astronomical.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm at a loss to understand this reaction. It looks exactly like the source material and is a pretty cool figure if you know Akira. I'm not that big a fan of the property, but I'd definitely get it if the price weren't astronomical.

Hi Darklord Dave, I second your statement on the subject of "looks" of the character, Kaneda, based on the source material!

Thank you for your input! :bow

Be Well :rock

Seeing this figure again brings up memories. Akira is one of my all time favourite films and when I first ever got into 1/6 figures, this was one of the first ones I ever saw. To bad its impossible to get your hands on. Looks fantastic from the close up. I think its just the pictures that dont do it justice. Ive seen others where the detail is much more evident.
How did you get this? were you one of those in line?

BDboystoys said:
Seeing this figure again brings up memories. Akira is one of my all time favourite films and when I first ever got into 1/6 figures, this was one of the first ones I ever saw. To bad its impossible to get your hands on. Looks fantastic from the close up. I think its just the pictures that dont do it justice. Ive seen others where the detail is much more evident.
How did you get this? were you one of those in line?

BDboystoys, I'll try to take better pictures with a digital camera with a higher pixel count.

I recevied the Kaneda figure on August 30th '2000 via eBay!

Be Well :)

WEAPON X said:
BDboystoys, I'll try to take better pictures with a digital camera with a higher pixel count.

I recevied the Kaneda figure on August 30th '2000 via eBay!

Be Well :)

How much did you pay for it? I am also a big fan of Akira and this figure really looks just like Kaneda.

carbo-fation said:
How much did you pay for it? I am also a big fan of Akira and this figure really looks just like Kaneda.

carbo-fation, Let's just say more than a bread-box's worth, $$$!

Great figure, you are very lucky to have it in your collection:monkey5

I saw one in person once in Japan and was totally blown away... the $500 price tag didn't hurt that either, nowadays that would probably be a steal. The naysayers also need to realize this figure is basically from the dark ages of 1/6, you won't find many from that time period to rival the quality of Medicom... also that is the only Kaneda and looks like the Anime.

I am sorry for being a bit too rude. I just don't get the thing for anime and so I don't like the figure. The face and everything is just very smooth though. Patient Zero has many nice detail and textures in his face, but then again he is supposed to be based off of something "real" and not a cartoon. So I'm sorry if I offended you.

I still stand by my Kobe statement though...

While Patient Zero was rare, it appeared at Comic Con and anyone could buy them, whereas for the Akira figures, they were only offered via lottery and to those who were in line first. The figures are mind-bogglingly rare, and the only KANEDA figure is $3000. The military officers are virtually non-existant. To me, personally, it's the Rocket-Firing Boba Fett of Medicom.

While Patient Zero was rare, it appeared at Comic Con and anyone could buy them, whereas for the Akira figures, they were only offered via lottery and to those who were in line first. The figures are mind-bogglingly rare, and the only KANEDA figure is $3000. The military officers are virtually non-existant. To me, personally, it's the Rocket-Firing Boba Fett of Medicom.

Nice off-topic necropost there buddy. :lol

Because it's a marvel to behold... or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back