Where's Angel's line gone!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDboystoys

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Angel Line has dissapeared! :confused: Is there ANY news around of an anouncement or possible new figure shown at the comic con?
I need some news!

It has been strangely quiet at the Angel front. :eek:

I'm REALLY hoping to see some figure announcement soon.

Hopefully, SOMETHING will be on display on SDCC.:D

I wonder how Angel is selling, generally. The exclusive sold out relatively quickly. But I wonder how Sideshow views the pace of his sales. :confused:

The terrible thing is, they may find themselves comparing them to the SW sales, which will not fare well. In the chaos of SW figures atm Angel may find itself being left behind. I can only hope Sideshow pull through with the line and give Angel fans the fix of high quality figures they crave!:D

Each line is is regarded as a separate entity. The sales of the Star Wars lines guarantee its own existence, more than likely, longer than any line Sideshow has yet produced, or will produce. Until another phenonemon of popular culture is produced. The figures are coming out and selling out at a nice pace.

Compare that to the PotA line, where the figures came out faster than any other line. Sales weren't able to keep pace with production and it left loads of figures stuffing shelves causing it's demise.

Recently there was a scare with the Buffy line, where fans weren't as interested in the monsters and re-issues of characters, and wanted more of the human core scoobies. Sales dulled, due to figures like Faith, Willow, and the rooted hair experience, and it is what set off a fear of the line ending. This is when it was anounced that the Buffy line was reliant on the sales of the latest figures, to ensure the production of more product.

This is just a simple explanation to get the point across. There are so many factors. Angel probably hasn't as many fans or as many possibilities as the Buffy line, or indeed Star Wars. There may or may not be an announcement at the SDCC, but I wouldn't worry. New product takes around 12 to 18 months to be developed from the drawing board to the ordering stage. I would be more worried if the figures came out too fast than too slow. Then again, I am not worried at all. Sideshow do try new policies and marketing strategies, but by and large than have everything under the best control they can. Why else would they interact with us so readily, other than to gain a greater knowledge of the factors that drive their industry, so it can survive.

I'm one of those not as interested in the Angel characters as much as the Buffy characters. There are a few I would get - Doyle, Cordelia, Wesley, a period costumed Darla...but most of them originated on Buffy!

All I really want right now is Giles, not that I wouldn't pick up an Angel character if it were one of the above mentioned characters. I just don't think I'll be satisfied now until Giles is announced. I'm tired of waitng for him and wondering if he'll see the light of day. If there is any Buffy/Angel related announcement in the near future, I hope that it's him.

The Angel line doesn't even have its own separate page on the SS website. They added Angel in with the Buffy characters. I wonder if they will continue to do that as they release a second Angel figure. They could just be viewed as an extension of the Buffy line, which makes sense really.

I think Angel's gonna be a low key line, kinda like the X-Files line. We'll get a figure here and there, but nothing on a regular basis. Star Wars and LOTR will probably be the only 1/6 lines that get a steady flow of releases from now on.

Hopefully, it's just that the Sideshow folks are all wrapped up in the upcoming SDCC and SW, and not "forgetting" B/A........hopefully.......? Okay, no more nicey nice; WHEN do we get GILES?!!!!:confused: :mad: :balrog :censored :crying

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think Angel's gonna be a low key line, kinda like the X-Files line. We'll get a figure here and there, but nothing on a regular basis. Star Wars and LOTR will probably be the only 1/6 lines that get a steady flow of releases from now on.

You're probably right. The only thing is, there are a lot more main characters in Angel than on The X-Files, and it will take a long, long time to get them if that's the case.

Really, the Buffy/Angel line is the only Sideshow line I'm currently collecting. I had no interest in collecting LOTR and decided not to bother with SW...

I think Star Wars 12" dominates the majority of Sideshow development and rightfully so I guess. It seems by far the most popular line right now. I'm happy with the occasional Buffy and Angel character here or there. Just because there's too many other things I have to collect such as Star Wars PF and Lord of the Rings PF and 12". As long as both lines keep going, I will keep buying.

Speaking of Buffy, where's Giles? :D

OK, I just heard that Angel and the rest of his crew are officially missing somewhere in southern California where they were reportedly last seen searching for Rupert Giles.
:monkey3

:lol

It was easy for me to make the decision not to collect the SW line, it just made sense financially and in terms of my collection. I just hope that Sideshow continues to remember that there are collectors out there that are interested in figures beyond Star Wars.

I'm hoping that the second Angel figure is Cordelia or Wesley....whenever it's announced.

Josette said:
:lol
I just hope that Sideshow continues to remember that there are collectors out there that are interested in figures beyond Star Wars.

You mean collectors of Apes, Highlander, Bond, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits....
Let's face it Star Wars sells and some of our faves didn't [for various, arguable reasons]. Consider us lucky if we get anything other than Star Wars and LOTR.

Wow Ironman! You mean they've actually got a posse out hunting Giles?!
I wish they'd come northward one state, then we could all go back down to SoCal and storm the new Sideshow building to see if they're holding him prisioner in there!!!! :grouphug

Ironman1188 said:
Consider us lucky if we get anything other than Star Wars and LOTR.

I suppose I'll look at it in a positive light if we don't - more money for my Dark Shadows collection. :blackbat

It probably makes sense to "merge" the two lines - as has been noted most if not all characters appeared in both either as regulars or guests and they share a common universe.

As for announcements - I would guess that it all depends on the terms of the licence and how long the Buffy/Angel licence runs for vs the Star Wars and LOTR. I would imagine that the SW/LOTR licences are for a shorter time period so its a case of make hay while the sun shines.

I am personally very disappointed by the rate of release of Buffy and Angel figures. To be serious, for once, (not just make cracks about the lack of a Giles figure) the Whedon line really does seem to have ground to a halt. This despite Tom Gililand's (I hope I got that right!!!) promise a couple of years ago to deliver all the Scoobies.
Naturally the guys at Sideshow will declare that no line is ever dead....but the Buffy line does seem to be somewhat critically ill at the moment.
I heard that the Angel line would see a Lorne and a Cordy....but they seem to be taking forever. Is this because so many Buffy releases (eg Oz) have not sold out quickly enough?
I wonder how quickly Cordelia would have sold had that launched the Angel line?
It seems that Star Wars is getting all the attention now, even LOTR is very slow in comparison. I have ordered all the star wars figures to date but would happily wait for further releases from that line until the Buffy/Angel line was satisfactorily closed off.
Anyway that's my moan of the day!

PS I do still hold out some hope of a Giles...after all, my X Files line is getting a Skinner!

Last edited:
As somebody who started collecting Sideshow because of Buffy, I too am bummed that it has been forever since we have had an announcement. I got the Buffy/Hush set from a local comic shop and was hooked. I hope that they start making some announcements for either Buffy or Angel...it's not like they need to be Priority Pre-orders these days. Even knowing that figures would dribble out two-three times a year would be better than not knowing anything.

Looking back a year to 2005, Xander, Drusilla, 2 Darlas, and D'Hoffryn were announced in March, July, September, and December, respectively, and this year we've seen the first figure in the Angel line and a PF Buffy announced in February. That's 6 figures over the course of the last 12 months, 7 if you count Darla, twice. Not too bad for a line some are lamenting as dead.

Sideshow has never announced a release schedule for any figures in any line, but I'm confident we'll be hearing news of another Buffy or Angel figure soon — don't forget, SDCC is right around the corner. :stake

sklshdmn.jpg

Sideshow has never announced a release schedule for any figures in any line, but I'm confident we'll be hearing news of another Buffy or Angel figure soon

Yeah, I know they never announce product ahead of time, and I think the last year has been pretty good Buffy-wise, it just seems like things have slowed down compared to the breakneck pace of Star Wars. Heck, even LOTR fans are salivating for the next pre-order. With some of the slower lines like Buffy or some of the Horror stuff, it would be nice to just have a word from Sideshow that releases are slower, yet still forthcoming!

Back