PDA

View Full Version : Maquette Collection

hairlesswookiee
04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
im thinking about picking up the boba fett and anakin.. can someone give me their thoughts on the quality of these. i would appreciate some pics too. :emperor

SolidLiquidFox
04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
I have been fortunate enough to get all of these as they were coming out. Great quality and very stylish. if you liked the cartoon they you'll love these. They may not be everyone's cup of tea since a lot of folks prefer the bigger and more detailed PF figures from Sideshow. However, if I had to choose SS 12" or these, I would choose these for sure.

I don't have any pics at the moment since I am in the process or re-organizing my collection.

hairlesswookiee
04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
thanks liquid!!! im gonna get the anakin to start things off. i pre-ordered the boba fett from the godfather. when you get the chance let me see your collection!!!! i looked up the obi wan and asajj on ebay... holy smokes i should've got these when they came out.

gambit
04-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Obi and asajj are nothing when compared to snowbunny padme :lol

Crash1207
04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I have all of them except the Barriss and Luminara one and I really like them. I have AP editions of all of the original five. I think they are great and they definitely look good displayed together. If you can get a good deal on any of them, I would recommend them.

The Josh
04-21-2006, 04:15 PM
I've been thinking about going back and getting Obi-Wan and Asajj to go with Boba and Vader when he comes out.

SolidLiquidFox
04-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Personally, I need closure with the Clone Wars line so they have to eventually release at least Dooku, Mace and Shaak-Ti.

It would also be cool to get a Durge so the Obi maquette makes a little bit more sense. Right now he is just angrily swinging at nobody in particular. :rolleyes:

I hope the next wave is:

Hoth Han: similar fur design as Padme...SWS.com exclusive...instant classic!
Mace Windu
Stormtrooper
Jedi Luke
Ben Kenobi

gambit
04-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I have all of them except the Barriss and Luminara one and I really like them. I have AP editions of all of the original five. I think they are great and they definitely look good displayed together. If you can get a good deal on any of them, I would recommend them.

I am impressed. Are you from UK?

Although I like the clone wars maquettes, considering the high calue of padme, I try to avoid them till I buy the grievous. I will be buying leia next and try to collect the others in time but don;t know about snowbunny :confused:

Mini-Rock
04-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Here's a shot of mine before I move on to BBD's:

oxbeard
04-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Definitely a great line. You won't regret picking them up. I had the entire run through Grievous then decided to finally get rid of them. Something I didn't think I would ever do. But changes had to be made, and the prices Padme is getting were finally too tempting.

Did keep the Yoda though and am seriously considering the animated Fett if I can find a good enough deal somewhere down the line.

Deak Starkiller
04-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I have Grievous, Arc Trooper, and Yoda. I love them, they are really cool for what you get. I hope to find a Kenobi at SDCC. I highly recommend them to you if you are a fan of the CW like I am.

hairlesswookiee
04-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I have Grievous, Arc Trooper, and Yoda. I love them, they are really cool for what you get. I hope to find a Kenobi at SDCC. I highly recommend them to you if you are a fan of the CW like I am.

yes sir i am a BIG fan of the clone wars... the novels kept my interest alive. the animated was even better when i finally got them all on DVD. i just ordered the anakin today so hopefully this time next week ill have him sitting on my desk. i think with these im going to just collect the main characters. obi-wan is next in my sights so it will be a while before i save up enough money to get him. ialways thought the grievous looked interesting, but unfortunately because of his short film cameo i dont want to explain who he is everytime someone looks at my collection. i would like a Mace, Jedi Luke, Palpatine, and Maul version (like i need another Darth Maul collectible) :emperor

Deak Starkiller
04-22-2006, 12:06 AM
I understand what you mean about Grievous but he is awesome in the cartoon plus the maquette is really detailed in person. Maybe I'll post pics.

hairlesswookiee
04-22-2006, 04:23 AM
PLEASE post some pics!!! my local comic shop said they had one of the asajj ventriss maquettes before christmas, but some kid bought it that wasnt even into star wars. he said the kid told him it looked scary-- talk about a waste of a precious collectible. :emperor

Darth Loki
04-22-2006, 05:40 AM
I have 4 of them (Anakin, GG, Barriss, and Asajj) and love them all. Would like to get an Obi but not for $250 when they are going to make another statue that looks almost identicle later in the year.

SolidLiquidFox
04-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Would like to get an Obi but not for $250 when they are going to make another statue that looks almost identicle later in the year.

That statue is an episode 3 realistic obi in a clone armor outfit. The animated maquette one is episode 2 based. Difference? if they stick to the prototype from toy fair the short hair and Ep. 3 lightsaber.

Darth Loki
04-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Actually they're both from Clone Wars. You never see Obi dressed in anything but robes in the movies. He's only in the trooper armor in the cartoon.

SolidLiquidFox
04-22-2006, 07:58 AM
What about the lightsaber...that's an episode 3 lightsaber if I see it correctly. It is also a realistic episode 3 likeness of Ewan.

Does Obi have the new lightsaber in the last season of Clone Wars?

I think it would have been cool if Obi really would have wore the armor in the beginning of Ep 3. it would have been a nice transition as the cartoon ends were the movie begins.

Deak Starkiller
04-22-2006, 08:16 AM
The CW maquette is based off of the EP II Clone armor and hairstyle. Jedi mullet was in full effect. The realistic statue is based on how he looked in Volume II of the CW's with his EPIII haircut and new armor.

elwood49
04-22-2006, 08:31 AM
The CW maquette is based off of the EP II Clone armor and hairstyle. Jedi mullet was in full effect. The realistic statue is based on how he looked in Volume II of the CW's with his EPIII haircut and new armor.

That's correct.

I had the whole collection of maquettes minus Padme, and I sold all of them for a nice profit. They're nice, but they're are so many of them now that they became "too junky", and you know how I hate that. ;)

The Josh
04-22-2006, 08:35 AM
It's just like any other collectibles line they expand with pieces. So I guess each line should be very small then because they could become junky if they expand. Right Elwood? ;)

Deak Starkiller
04-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Hmm, junky isn't what I would consider this line. But to each his own.
:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

SolidLiquidFox
04-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Junky?

Tell that to the people collecting all the Sideshow SW 12" figures. :rolleyes:

The Josh
04-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Forgive Elwood guys. He is an expert he knows all. :lol

SolidLiquidFox
04-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Forgive Elwood guys. He is an expert he knows all. :lol

I don't blame him...if I didn't have Padme I would have sold them all too and call them junky. :lol

hairlesswookiee
04-22-2006, 10:59 AM
sooo should i not try to get one of the obi wan maquettes?? if they are coming out with another one where can i find some information on him. obi wan is my second favorite character so i just need to have a maquette of him to go with the anakin, and hopefully upcoming mace.

DarkArtist81
04-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I never got into collecting the maquettes... I like the style and all, and they look really cool.... especially Boba..

But, with money being so spread out across the board, with LOTR, SW 12", Future SW PF, and any new Jason or Freddy stuff.... I'm pretty pegged. It's already a stretch for me to get any new GG busts! I have been super picky about those. I'll probably only get the Chewie and ROTS clone trooper. Not enough money to get it all...

But if I could... I would. :monkey2

SolidLiquidFox
04-22-2006, 12:08 PM
sooo should i not try to get one of the obi wan maquettes?? if they are coming out with another one where can i find some information on him. obi wan is my second favorite character so i just need to have a maquette of him to go with the anakin, and hopefully upcoming mace.

The next Obi that we were talking about is not a maquette. It's a regular GG statue with the likeness of Ewan McGregor (episode 3) in a more realistic style and not animated. The only thing it shares with the current maquette is the similarity of the clone trooper outfit.

And about being low on funds...I agree. That's part of the reasons why I won't go near mini-busts. That's a whole other category of collecting that would take a large amount from my collecting funds.

No mini-busts for me. Full scale all the way.

elwood49
04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Junky?

Tell that to the people collecting all the Sideshow SW 12" figures. :rolleyes:

I do all the time. :)

Mini-Rock
04-22-2006, 02:08 PM
That's correct.

I had the whole collection of maquettes minus Padme, and I sold all of them for a nice profit. They're nice, but they're are so many of them now that they became "too junky", and you know how I hate that. ;)

I agree; and I had Padme, but that's because I couldn't find a good way to properly display them with my new set-up. Still, I'll get a few here and there depending if SS release a 1/4 version of the character.

Gran3131
04-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I love this line especially Obi Wan and Anakin. I currently do not have Asajj or Padme but I can handle not haven a complete collection so there is no way I would ever sell them. I would say if you want the Obi Wan maquette you should get it and you will not regret it.

hairlesswookiee
04-22-2006, 02:59 PM
cool thanks guys. this is why i love these boards so much, i actually get some feedback when i ask questions. like i said once i get the anakin, i will hopefully make up my mind on these. the obi wan would be the first one that i get so hopefully someone on here will decide to part with him. :maul

Darth Loki
04-22-2006, 03:08 PM
If you really want one be prepared to spend roughly $250. He's the only one I want that I don't own and I'm just not willing to spend that much money when I like the statue that's being released later better. The Anakin is awesome. I suggest one of the following places, Fireside, Most Wanted, Dark Shadow, and Razor's Edge. You should be able to find it for around $60.

hairlesswookiee
04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
thanks, yeah i ordered anakin from fireside yesterday. i found a couple of obi wans on ebay thats why im gonna start setting aside a couple bucks here and there. im selling my xbox to my brother next week so i will have enough for obi wan right there, but there are some other things i want to get besides that one. :emperor

The Josh
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
I do all the time. :)

Guess I was taught to respect what others collected and not stick my nose up at things. :rolleyes:

Bonehead15
04-22-2006, 06:53 PM
I have almost all of these as well. Of course, Padme went on sale when I was gone on vacation so I missed out on her. :monkey2 Hopefully one day I'll find one.

I really love the "animated style" of these pieces.

GG could release an animated version of every character and I'd buy it.

hairlesswookiee
04-22-2006, 07:00 PM
GG could release an animated version of every character and I'd buy it.

i think you're gonna be happy because it seems that they are making an entire line of them. i wonder if they will do a dooku soon.... ive been dying for some dooku treatment and it seems like this is the best chance at getting him.

theropod
04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I collect 4 complete lines and many, many, many random SW items.
Of the complete lines I'm focussed on the Clone Wars/SW maquettes are my priority. I'll even be getting the absurdly out-of-control life size animated Yoda. I enjoy the Clone Wars cartoons tremendously, and the first time I saw them I was reminded of my first experiences seeing the original trilogy as a kid.
In order of priority:
Animated Maquettes
SS 1/4 scale PF
Code 3 sculpted posters
Hasbro Unleashed 7"

I agree that GG needs to produce a CW animated Dooku, Shaak Ti, and Mace.
-theropod

Agent0028
04-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Argh, I gave in and ordered Leia, how could I not go with the praise of so many wonderful people? There's probably a good chance I'll get Vader when he comes out and Dooku when/if he comes out.

I'm intriqued by this new Obi-Wan in the clone trooper armor that's coming out. Is he going to be little bitty like these?

Darth Loki
04-24-2006, 10:03 AM
No, these are between 6-9 inches it appears. Fett's supposed to be 8.5" and I guess Darth will be a little taller. But Obi isn't a Maquette, it's a statue so I'm assuming it'll be 1/6 scale like the rest (Vader, Chewie, Maul).:vader :chew :maul

tomandshell
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm intriqued by this new Obi-Wan in the clone trooper armor that's coming out. Is he going to be little bitty like these?

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSreturn/IMG_0006.jpg

He will be 1/6 scale, bigger than the maquettes.

Speaking of the maquettes, I just ordered the Anakin maquette to display alongside the Vader animated maquette that will be coming out later this year. Now I just need a Padme to go next to the Leia I ordered...

Darth Loki
04-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Tom, I was watching one and it was around $560 with at least a day left. I'm content that I'll never have that one. I'm also going to pass on the Obi from Clone Wars. I really like it, but I like this one a lot more.

tomandshell
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I am irritated that I am now considering pairing up the prequel maquettes with their OT counterparts. (Irritated because Padme is so danged expensive!!!) Leia and Padme will look great together, and so will Vader and Anakin.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6979/anakinvadergg8ng.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/gentlegiant/img/20060306_amidala_leia_bg.jpg

Darth Loki
04-24-2006, 12:58 PM
I was really hoping the Anakin that they did for clone wars would be the first season when he's still a Padawan. That was when he fought Asajj. I've given up on Padme and Obi. Too expensive for what they are not to mention, a better version of Obi will be out early next year and SS is doing a 12 of Padme with my future wife's likeness(don't tell my current girlfriend though, she's already hella jealous of the soon to be Natalie Roberts)

Agent0028
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info pallies, I guess its good that Obi is gonna be 1/6, but alot more difficult to justify getting because of it. Now that I've ever let a little thing like space stop me. *sigh* I've gotta bad feeling about this...

anakin1138
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I have the whole line of maquette... look forward to Boba, Vader and Leia & R2... and of course I'll get the Obi Wan Clone Wars 1/6 Statue... well guys I'm a Gentle Giant and Sideshow completist... I can't be a Master Replicas completist cause It would be too expensive... maybe in the future...

hairlesswookiee
04-26-2006, 01:56 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6979/anakinvadergg8ng.jpg

that vader looks incredible, im still gonna try to get my hands on the obi wan maquette, but might pass on th 1/6. where can i find more pics of that vader??

tomandshell
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
that vader looks incredible, im still gonna try to get my hands on the obi wan maquette, but might pass on th 1/6. where can i find more pics of that vader??

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSanimated/default.asp

hairlesswookiee
04-26-2006, 03:00 PM
thanks Tom!!! man I'm liking these more and more. just got the tracking number and my anakin will be here on monday so my hopes are high.

Darth Loki
04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Trust me, if you like the clone wars cartoons, you'll love these maquettes. I now wish I had known about them when they were released so I could have them all.

Protozaius
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
cool thanks guys. this is why i love these boards so much, i actually get some feedback when i ask questions. like i said once i get the anakin, i will hopefully make up my mind on these. the obi wan would be the first one that i get so hopefully someone on here will decide to part with him. :maul

I have one of the Obi-Wan Maquettes on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98033&item=6624091210

It REALLY broke my heart to offer my maquettes up for auction (I'm also selling the ARC Trooper and Yoda) but with all of the 12" Sideshow figures that are coming in the next few months and with SDCC coming as well (I need to buy my plane tickets!!!) something had to give.

And I was looking forward to getting Anakin and General Grevious too!!!

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Darth Loki
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm watching both those auctions. Didn't put it together that you are the zaius museum. Damn, wish I'd known you were selling it so I could have tried to at least make you an offer first. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with the 4 I currently have.

Deak Starkiller
04-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Not a maquette, and I didn't find another GG thread but still one of the best mini busts in the series. GG is awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/gonickyourself/ggsidious.jpg

hairlesswookiee
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
yeah i cant wait to get one of these. Gentle Giant has definately stepped it up a notch the past 2 years.

hairlesswookiee
05-01-2006, 12:45 PM
finally got my anakin maquette this afternoon. it is beautiful!!! im definately gonna pick up some more from this line. the paint is awesome, the pose is great, my only gripe is the peg that holds the lightsaber blade in the hilt seems a little flimsy and might bend after lengthy display.

DarkArtist81
05-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah Deke, that Sidious bust is too sweet. I really can't wait to get one!! I love the way the robes trail off of the base, very nice touch. :emperor

Deak Starkiller
05-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah it is awesome. Here is another good one, a sort of companion piece.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/gonickyourself/ggvader.jpg

Darth Loki
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
finally got my anakin maquette this afternoon. it is beautiful!!! im definately gonna pick up some more from this line. the paint is awesome, the pose is great, my only gripe is the peg that holds the lightsaber blade in the hilt seems a little flimsy and might bend after lengthy display.

That's great dude! The GG and Barriss & Luminara can be found really cheap. Just check out a couple of dealers. I was lucky enough to have Bob (Fireside) get me an Asajj but they all look great. I think I'm stuck on the 4 I have because I can't see paying that much for Obi and Padme's just rediculous.

hairlesswookiee
05-09-2006, 07:49 PM
well im officially addicted. i have general grivous on the way and i just picked up yoda off ebay for $50 shipped. im gonna get asajj by the end of the summer hopefully

Indiana Fett
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
well im officially addicted. i have general grivous on the way and i just picked up yoda off ebay for $50 shipped. im gonna get asajj by the end of the summer hopefully

Congrats hairlesswookie, I don't actually have any 'in-hand' yet, but I have the Boba Fett and Leia/R2-D2 on pre-order. I've seen the Grievous and Luminara/Bariss in person and plan on getting both. Also Yoda and Anakin are planned pick-ups. All seem to still be on Ebay for decent prices. Sadly due to the HIGH going rates for Asajj, Obi-Wan and Arc-Trooper, It's doubtful I will be adding those to the collection anytime soon. I don't even want to begin with Padme...Last time I looked one was going for $510 on Ebay with a couple days left of bidding! OUCH!!!

:maul

hairlesswookiee
05-09-2006, 09:01 PM
i agree with you indy, the padme is going for crazy prices. im gonna get the asajj for sure in the next month or two. because i thought her character was very interesting in the clone wars and i dont see a PF or 12" coming anytime soon. the obi wan is also on the list but considering i can get the PF obi for the same price its putting me in a hard decision on which one to get.

tomandshell
05-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I have an Anakin to display with the upcoming Vader, and today I bought the ARC Trooper to go with the character key from Razor's Edge. Other than that, I have to firmly apply the brakes to this line. Getting Padme, Obi-Wan, and Asajj would just be too costly at a time when a bunch of other things are due. Maybe one day...

hairlesswookiee
05-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I have an Anakin to display with the upcoming Vader, and today I bought the ARC Trooper to go with the character key from Razor's Edge. Other than that, I have to firmly apply the brakes to this line. Getting Padme, Obi-Wan, and Asajj would just be too costly at a time when a bunch of other things are due. Maybe one day...

amen. if i get the obi wan maquette im gonna try to get the character key to go with him. too bad the yoda,anakin, and grivous keys cost too much or i would get them as well.

tomandshell
05-09-2006, 09:40 PM
You're helping me to make my mind up about halting this line! The cost of the pieces I missed combined with the cost of picking up all of the character keys to go with them just boggles my mind. :google

hairlesswookiee
05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
nooo i mean they are so cheap i cant help but buy them all at once. :lol :lol seriously though. the keys looks sharp when displayed with the maquettes. i saw a pic of anakin and the key together and they looked great together. there's even an auction on ebay selling the obi wan maquette and key together for only $350

Darth Loki
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah, it looks like I'm stopping at my 4. I like them all but other needs (and when I say needs, I mean collectibles) must come first.

hairlesswookiee
05-10-2006, 11:30 PM
i just hope they continue with some other jedi like Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, Ki Adi Mundi and some others. i know people might not be interested in them but i think they would be awesome.

Darth Loki
05-11-2006, 05:55 AM
No one wants a Shaak Ti more than me but it seems unlikely now. I know they are including another of the Jedi from Clone Wars in this new Maquette series but I surely hope they conitinue.

hairlesswookiee
05-11-2006, 06:19 AM
i dont see why they wouldnt make some other jedi from the cartoon. the original wave they made is selling really well. and i think this is the perfect line to do the exotic aliens. a palpatine would also look pretty cool :emperor :emperor

Indiana Fett
05-11-2006, 08:56 AM
i dont see why they wouldnt make some other jedi from the cartoon. the original wave they made is selling really well. and i think this is the perfect line to do the exotic aliens. a palpatine would also look pretty cool :emperor :emperor

I'm hoping they still make a Count Dooku...I really liked the look of him in the cartoon and would love to have a maquette version...

:emperor

Darth Loki
05-11-2006, 08:57 AM
I agree Indy. I'd love to see a Dooku from that style too.

Agent0028
05-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I'd probably wind up buying a Dooku so I'll hop on that transport.

I would expect that they do make some of those more popular characters, if they're going to make the Ithorian Jedi they gotta make Mace I would think. And Bariss/Luminara were a pretty minor part in the cartoons not to mention even less in the movie... Like sideshow its probably a question of when not if.

I'm really interested to see what some more OT look like in this style, especially Luke and Han.

SolidLiquidFox
05-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I hope Dooku, Mace and Shaak-Ti are made as well.

Regarding the cells...don't even worry about them. The only one I stressed to get was Padme. She is the only one matted on a white frame and the most deserving from a collector's point of view to go along with the maquette.

Padme maquette + cell = nice display

hairlesswookiee
05-11-2006, 10:59 AM
hmmm.... what about darth maul??? how about him in the animated maquette?? i'm really psyched about this line because i can actually afford to buy most of them and they look really great.

Indiana Fett
05-11-2006, 12:41 PM
hmmm.... what about darth maul??? how about him in the animated maquette?? i'm really psyched about this line because i can actually afford to buy most of them and they look really great.

LOL! I was just thinking that a Darth Maul in this cartoon maquette format would look GREAT too!

:maul

hairlesswookiee
05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
great minds think alike!! i cant believe nobody has mentioned his name yet???

but to be honest i have way too much darth maul stuff as of rightn now anyways. ---and the only thing left to do is rotate the stock!!! i just wish i had the money to buy one of the busts

SolidLiquidFox
05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Edition size has been set for Boba Fett animated maquette at 7,000 pieces. Very high but more or less in par with the bust which was 7,500.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/

As I suspected they were probably waiting for their orders from Diamond's Previews to come in.

hairlesswookiee
05-11-2006, 01:00 PM
thanks solid!! im still on the fence on whether or not to get get the grievous bust. right now i only have 4 busts all together. im getting the palpatine sometime this summer when i get the cash saved up. (i know it sounds pathetic but i no longer have my financial aid coming in because im taking the summer off from school so i have to spend money wisely)

Darth Loki
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm staying far away from the SW busts. They look great but there's no way I'm going down that path. I have all the Harry Potter busts and they are all incredible. If they do a LOTR line, it will be mighty tempting though.

SolidLiquidFox
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm staying far away from the SW busts. They look great but there's no way I'm going down that path. I have all the Harry Potter busts and they are all incredible. If they do a LOTR line, it will be mighty tempting though.

That's what happened to Anakin...he went down a path Padme could not follow. :lol

I am staying away from the mini busts like the plague. I consider that to be a whole other niche of collecting with a whole other budget.

Darth Loki
05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Had I been collecting when this line first started maybe, but now there's no hope. Way too many other things to through my money at right now.

hairlesswookiee
05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
the mailman came with gifts today. i got the general and i must say i am really impressed with these guys so much. the only gripe i have is with the funny pose. is grievous trying to say hi to me or ask a question??

Darth Loki
05-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Awesome, glad you like. I actually turned GG's arm that's holding the light saber in a way that it is a little more to the right so you can actually see it. I like it a lot better than how it's supposed to be posed.

SolidLiquidFox
05-12-2006, 09:36 AM
The pose is from the clone wars episode when he makes his first appearance.

His raised hand is basically GG telling his entire droid army to seize fire (stand down) as he is going to take on about 7 Jedi on his own. The lightsaber behind his back is a bit of artistic license that the sculptor took. He did not have one ignited on that scene.

hairlesswookiee
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
i should be getting yoda sometime next week. now if they could just get a mace windu i would be happy.

Darth Loki
05-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Don't have Yoda. Just never really appealed to me. Love the one's I do have though. I do hope they continue with other characters from Clone Wars.

SolidLiquidFox
05-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Mace will hopefully come on the next wave. I hope they do not completely discard clone wars in favor of original trilogy.

gambit
05-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Mace will hopefully come on the next wave. I hope they do not completely discard clone wars in favor of original trilogy.

I just bought mace character card from razorsedge and I would be happy to have mace as the next maquette. He was pyscho in the CW series.

And griveous' pose is super imo. That scene you explained is so cool

Customikey
05-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm only getting Leia/R2 and Boba. They'll make good accents in the living room display.

hairlesswookiee
05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
ok since im getting the the clone wars ARC trooper character key im thinking about getting something to go with it so its not just some random artwork. my problem is: should i get the ARC trooper Maquette since im starting to get in this series or should i get the Kotobukiya ARC troooper. they are both getting hard to find but i think i can find the Koto for a little cheaper.

Deak Starkiller
05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
the mailman came with gifts today. i got the general and i must say i am really impressed with these guys so much. the only gripe i have is with the funny pose. is grievous trying to say hi to me or ask a question??

Calling off his guards.

Deak Starkiller
05-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Here are some older pieces but new pics...

http://members.cox.net/gonickyourself/arctrooper.JPG

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/gonickyourself/ggyoda2.jpg

Darth Loki
05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Great pics. That's the best pic I've seen of the Trooper. Must resist eBay....

hairlesswookiee
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
yeah im thinking about getting the barriss and luminara set. the clone trooper is nice looking but not sure if i can afford him right now.

Darth Loki
05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I really like the Barriss and Luminara. It looks great and is just different from any other piece. Again, it can be had pretty cheap. Just do some shopping and you should find a decent deal.

Deak Starkiller
05-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Great pics. That's the best pic I've seen of the Trooper. Must resist eBay....

Give in...:emperor

tomandshell
05-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Received my ARC Trooper maquette this week, and just won an auction for Yoda for $42. Sadly, I think that my Clone Wars collection has to stop here. As tempted as I am to pick up the others, I just can't afford them right now. :sick

Deak Starkiller
05-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I feel you broham, I too feel the sting of the $250 mark of General Kenobi. Too bad I screwed around and not picking this one up. Oh well, at least I have Grievious, Arc, and Yoda. $42 is pretty good for Yoda. What did you get the ARC for, if you don't mind me asking.

hairlesswookiee
05-19-2006, 12:14 AM
yeah i also got yoda for $50 shipped. im gonna hold off on the maquette line. i have too much stuff on pre-order right now so i have to think ahead and start setting some money aside for those.

Darth Loki
05-19-2006, 04:57 AM
yeah i also got yoda for $50 shipped. im gonna hold off on the maquette line. i have too much stuff on pre-order right now so i have to think ahead and start setting some money aside for those.

No idea what you're talking about :monkey3

I plan on doing that if I have some down time at work today. A lot of pre-orders and I need to see what I'm commited to to figure out some finances.

tomandshell
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Dang these maquettes!

Since picking up Anakin and the ARC Trooper recently and then promising myself I would stop, I have since picked up the Yoda for $42, the Luminara/Barris for $59.99, and the Grievous for $54.95. I can't resist the good deals!

Now how am I ever going to find a Padme?!? :sick

SolidLiquidFox
05-20-2006, 08:29 PM

trade your gray hulk for it

tomandshell
05-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Is that an offer? :D

Darth Rage
05-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I saw one at razor's edge (http://www.razorsedgecollectibles.com/catalog/) recently for about $500 but it seems to be gone now. Good Luck Tom, I think you're gonna need it.

hairlesswookiee
05-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Dang these maquettes!
, the Luminara/Barris for $59.99

where did you get it for this price?? i cant find them anywhere for less than $70 without shipping.

SolidLiquidFox
05-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Is that an offer? :D

:lol

Not with me...I intend to keep both :monkey3

tomandshell
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Don't you hate it when you get outbid in the last ten seconds of an auction, and you go scrambling to increase your bid, and when you hit enter to confirm your increase, you are told that you lost the auction?

And don't you hate when it happens twice in five minutes?

Goodbye, Asajj...

Goodbye, Obi-Wan...

:monkey2

Darth Loki
05-23-2006, 06:06 PM
When in doubt ask the Godfather. He helped me get an Asajj for a great price a month or two ago. I'll keep my eyes peeled for these 3 for ya. Ebay is probably your best bet for Padme though.

SolidLiquidFox
05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Tom, tom, tom...you poor soul. Now that you are on the maquette quest your bank account will never be the same. I don't blame you. As I restructure my collection I am considering not keeping my Sideshow SW 12" figures and just sticking to these maquettes.

Here, dont leave home without it:

http://www.bidnip.com/

dregs
05-24-2006, 04:13 AM
Don't you hate it when you get outbid in the last ten seconds of an auction, and you go scrambling to increase your bid, and when you hit enter to confirm your increase, you are told that you lost the auction?

And don't you hate when it happens twice in five minutes?

Goodbye, Asajj...

Goodbye, Obi-Wan...

:monkey2

Well Tom I feel for you totally and why you ask? Because I think I was the one who stole them from you. If I would of known that one of you guys were the ones bidding I wouldn't of tried to go for them. If it makes you feel any better, I now owe 700 dollars for threee maquettes :emperor

tomandshell
05-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Well Tom I feel for you totally and why you ask? Because I think I was the one who stole them from you. If I would of known that one of you guys were the ones bidding I wouldn't of tried to go for them. If it makes you feel any better, I now owe 700 dollars for threee maquettes :emperor

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Actually, it always makes me feel better if I lose an auction to know that it is going to a fellow board member instead of a total stranger. I know that you will give them a good home! Now I just need to settle in and wait for them to show up again on ePay. Enjoy them!

By the way, what was the third maquette you won? I picked up the ARC Trooper recently, and he's just great. I now have Yoda, Luminara, and Grievous coming. So much for the ones that are easy to get!

dregs
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Actually, it always makes me feel better if I lose an auction to know that it is going to a fellow board member instead of a total stranger. I know that you will give them a good home! Now I just need to settle in and wait for them to show up again on ePay. Enjoy them!

By the way, what was the third maquette you won? I picked up the ARC Trooper recently, and he's just great. I now have Yoda, Luminara, and Grievous coming. So much for the ones that are easy to get!

Third was the ARC Trooper. Now I'm just missing Grevious and Padme. Padme will be mine, oh yes she will. Good luck bud and once again sorry for the auction. I went back and saw your nick here and the ebay nick were close and I couldn't believe it.

tomandshell
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I wanted to have the name "tomandshell" on eBay, but it was already taken.

Fritz
05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I wanted to have the name "tomandshell" on eBay, but it was already taken.

Wierd, me too. :horror ;) :D