Der Kinderstood...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Super Freak
Reaction score
I dont visit the whedonville forums very often,so sorry if there has been a thread about this before, but I've been on the fence of buying this figure for a while now.So I was wandering if any of you had good pics of their Der kinderstod figure ??? I'd like to see some pics of a loose one other than the pics on Sideshows'site...Thanks guys.

I don't have any close up shots of him and my digital camera needs batteries. He looks great in person though and I love him!

I know Michael Crawford had done a review on him and I tried to find that for you but couldn't locate it. He had some great photos if I recall. Anyone else no where the link to that is?

I have the Ugly Bugly as well....he SO ugly he's not uggly, he's YEWGLY.....but that's why he's neat....and very creepy.

Here's your link; www.mwctoys.com for Michael Crawford's Reviews.:horror

Buffanatic said:
I have the Ugly Bugly as well....he SO ugly he's not uggly, he's YEWGLY.....but that's why he's neat....and very creepy.

Here's your link; www.mwctoys.com for Michael Crawford's Reviews.:horror

I checked that site when looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere. Do you have a direct link to the actual review?

SORRY GUYS. I JUST GAVE YOU THE LINK, HADN'T SEEN THE REVIEW MYSELF. BUT WENT THERE TO SEE FOR MYSELF AND COULDN'T FIND IT EITHER. YOU SURE YOU SAW IN ON CRAWFORD'S SITE? :dunno

Here ya go:

derkinderstaad4.jpg

derkinderstaad3.jpg

derkinderstaad2.jpg

derkinderstaad1.jpg

This is a great figure, I can't recommend him enough. Great sculpt, great paint, the clothing is fantastic and the accessories are quite cool.

Get off the fence and grab one! :cool:

Love that last picture because it shows just how creepy the eyes are! They look just like that! So if you like the monster figures, he's definitely a great one to get!

Thanks darth rage...very nice pics...I will buy him....

Buffanatic said:
SORRY GUYS. I JUST GAVE YOU THE LINK, HADN'T SEEN THE REVIEW MYSELF. BUT WENT THERE TO SEE FOR MYSELF AND COULDN'T FIND IT EITHER. YOU SURE YOU SAW IN ON CRAWFORD'S SITE? :dunno

I know he did one for Der K. but maybe he doesn't archive them all, just the more popular ones.

I copy all the reviews of the figures I have from Michaels site, and I have one for Der K but it wasn't by Michael. Unless I have made some kind of mistake. I can post it if anyone wants to read it. It's a review by Eric Goldman.

Last edited:
I also got a Der K when he first went up for order and I'm not a Buffy fan. He is just a well done monster. He is one of my favorites. Very Creepy.

creecher said:
I copy all the reviews of the figures I have from Michaels site, and I have one for Der K but it wasn't by Michael. Unless I have made some kind of mistake. I can post it if anyone wants to read it. It's a review by Eric Goldman.

Maybe that's the one I saw! I'd love to read it again and if it's the one I was thinking of, it had some great photos of the figure.

Okay, I've got it now! When Creech mentioned the name "Eric Goldman" a light went on in my dim brain.
Eric Goldman did a review of

"DER KINDESTOD" (This is how it's spelled on the box.)

it's in the Ministry of info on the Sideshow website. Look there. :duh

creecher said:
Well done Buffanatic.:clap Here's the link for those that haven't yet found it.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=052705kindestod

Thanks to both of you for finding that. That is the one I was remembering. I remembered the bit about the hair because I commented over on the Whedonesque site that my figures hair was fine and he replied there as well. I must have imagined the pictures. Maybe I saw pictures posted on some of the boards for it!

It is truly one of the best Buffy figures. 2nd only to the Master in execution I think, and he's a much cooler looking character even if not as significant a monster as the Master. If you have even a passing interest in Buffy you really shouldn't pass him up.

It is also a great tie in figure to the Freddies on which I believe it was based.

It is a matter of opinion and personal taste. I like vampires and the Master is a beaut, I prefer Der Kindertod over the Master and human Spike. I don't own all the Buffy figs, but it is my favourite. I say again, I want my vamps with teeth. Big teeth. (Insert shameful plug for an Outer Limits Aabel, as seen in my avatar. I say ful because I want more not less)

I freaked when Sideshow first announced this figure and ordered it direct straight away, due to the usual snipet of information, and I rarely order direct, because I am a scab. I hadn't seen the episode or Der K before. I later cancelled when it became known that it would be available locally. I praise Sideshow for that.

Most Buffinites prefer the scoobs and so I would recommend Der K to any monster fan, or those that like innovation in 1/6 scale figures.

I thank you too Firefly Flanatic, for mentioning you couldn't find a review by Michael, thats what twigged me to knowing there was one out there. Lots of branches on this tree a snapping aren't there. :lol

Back