FINALLY BAGGED ME A SPIKE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Call off the dogs, reel in the dragnet... I got me a SPIKE!!!

The seller of an auction that I was not the high bidder (an auction that was passed on to me by one of you good people) sent me a "Second Chance" option this morning. So, with shipping I'm paying about $95 for my Spike... far from the $200 -$300 range that I originally saw the figure when I began this odyssey. :google

I was thinking that even if, best case scenerio, I did get in on one of those Oluf Spikes I would be spending nearly $70 for it including shipping and insurance. What I paid isn't too far from that. :rolleyes:

Time to bust out the Chewies!!!!
:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Everything comes to he who waits. I'm glad you didn't have to die to find out that saying sucks.

When it rains it pours - I was just going to let you know my daughter accepted your offer!!:lol No problem, I'll eventually put it on Ebay! Congratulations and enjoy!! You're going to love him. He has the best sculpt of the bunch!

Edited to add - did Angel arrive yet?!

Firefly Flanatic said:
When it rains it pours - I was just going to let you know my daughter accepted your offer!!:lol No problem, I'll eventually put it on Ebay! Congratulations and enjoy!! You're going to love him. He has the best sculpt of the bunch!

Edited to add - did Angel arrive yet?!

That's funny! Tell your daughter thanks anyway! :D I just received that Second Chance notice first thing this morning and I just jumped on it. Too many times I've missed out when I hesitate.

And yes, I'm holding Angel in my hands right now, well not RIGHT now since I am typing. That brings my total (including Spike) to 9 figures. It's "becoming" quite a crowd scene on the shelf where I have them.

And about D'Hoffryn... I'm 90% sure I'm cancelling my order. There is just too many figures that I REALLY want to waste my money on figures that I might like once I get them.

Besides, I might just be buying a 1/6 scale guitar for my Oz AND a Modern Duncan Highlander JUST to get the long sleeve shirt for Spike... so I'm getting tapped out money wise.

The only "must have" figure in the Buffy World for right now is VAMPIRE ANGEL. The rest (Dru, Darla, Gentlemen) are second only to him.

Last edited:
So now we all must hunt for a "Vampire Angel"!! I love looking at Ebay so I'll keep an eye out for one for you! Glad Angel arrived okay!

Oh, and I want one of those guitars too - great idea!

Whatcha gonna do? Just swap shirts? (Duncan will never miss his long sleeved shirt. He's to busy swashbuckling with his sword.) :D

Congrats!!!!

I am glad you found Spike. I kept trying to talk my girlfriend into giving up hers, but it has "sentimental attachments" for her, which I can appreciate. I would imagine that another Vampire angel may be in the offing with the new line for "Angel" but it seems to be a slow seller, like anything non-SW these days!

Congrats on finally getting Spike. Are you going to be able to withstand the anticipation the next few days until is shows up at your front door. :wacky :D

Big congrats to you! I'd love to get one myself some day. I was lucky I got my vampire angel for $80 shipped from a friend on another forum. I can only dream of getting a human spike for that price I guess. :D

Yeah, Fritz the waiting is going to be murder... especially when it's coming from the UK!!! :monkey2

I don't know how reasonable it is to expect another Vampire Angel with the new line. There is SO many figures they need to do before then. Wesley, Lorne, Cordy, and Darla come to mind. And I would LOVE to have a Skip figure... wouldn't that be cool! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Plus, I don't think that Sideshow will risk the wrath of their collector fans if they make him available again... although it would probably be a different head sculpt and clothes.:rolleyes:

Besides, I'm not so sure how extensive the Angel line is going to be. Probably not as much as Buffy has been. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Good score on the Vamp Angel, Darth Rage... I don't think I'm going to be that lucky. :eek:

Good luck on Angelus. I got mine with Hush Buffy & Prophecy Buffy Exclusive for $50.00 shipped. :D I love telling that story.

Aerosmith said:
Good luck on Angelus. I got mine with Hush Buffy & Prophecy Buffy Exclusive for $50.00 shipped. :D I love telling that story.

I bet you do. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I hope to tell a similar story. :monkey3

Of course, I was there at SDCC that year... Did I pick one up? :monkey4

That would be no. :eek:

Hey man,

Glad to hear that you finally got one. It;s funny that everytime time I see on the UK E-Bay I do a quick Dollar Calculation to work out if you would be interested.

Guess I only have to do that for Vampire Angelus now...

Congrats. I'm hoping they release a new Vampire Angel at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. I just want more variety of Angel characters, since the only SS Buffy figs I have are all three Spikes, who'll soon be kept company by a host of Jedi...

Back