Hush Buffy and Gentlemen???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

My muse is a fickle b**ch
Reaction score
I need all y'all's help. :D

I picked up the Single Gentleman Figure quite a while ago. At that time I decided that I didn't want the set and I only needed one. So I set off on my search to get the main guy. I can't remember what I paid but I'm pretty sure it was quite reasonable. At that same time, I decided I didn't want or need the Hush Buffy either as I already had or was planning on getting the Graduation Day Buffy and that was close enough to the Hush version. At this point in time, I have all the Buffy figures, some in the exclusive version and some in the regular version (there's no figure I have both the regular and exclusive of). Therefore the only ones I'm missing are Hush Buffy and Gentlemen #2 and #3.

My question is this. Do I really need these three figures? I don't feel my collection is incomplete but is there something I'm overlooking? Is my collection lacking somehow until I get them? I've never seen them in person so I don't really know if they're so fantastic that by not having them a void exists in my Buffy world?

What say you?

Last edited:
Personally, I could live without the Hush Buffy, as I got her simply because it was the only option at the time. Graduation Day blows her away! The joints were a little too loose on my Hush Buffy, so maybe that is why I am hard on this figure.

The gentleman all have different head sculpts, and I think make a great display with all three. The bases and faces are different for each one. Since they came with so many accessories, I have each one holding a bag, and then one has the scalpel, one has the heart in a jar, and one has the "voice box" I think that they all came with the accessories though, so those are duplicated across figures. I think they are just different enough to warrant have one of each!

Happy hunting!

Personally, I could live without the Hush Buffy, as I got her simply because it was the only option at the time. Graduation Day blows her away! The joints were a little too loose on my Hush Buffy, so maybe that is why I am hard on this figure.

The gentleman all have different head sculpts, and I think make a great display with all three. The bases and faces are different for each one. Since they came with so many accessories, I have each one holding a bag, and then one has the scalpel, one has the heart in a jar, and one has the "voice box" I think that they all came with the accessories though, so those are duplicated across figures. I think they are just different enough to warrant have one of each!

Happy hunting!

Ever since I saw this picture, I decided that the Gentlemen were going to be part of my collection... someday.

As for the Hush Buffy... I'm gonna pass.

To bring up the question here, Fritz, means it is pulling at your heart strings. Of course, you don't need them, but you do want them? I think you do.

I am happy enough with my Hush Buffy, and, like you, only picked up one gentleman. I would like to get the other two now. Since that time I have changed my collecting habits in subtle ways. I didn't need all the Frankensteins, now I have all barr one.

I do reckon they look great as a trio. It would be really good to get some different bodies and display them with their differing heights. Would I do it? Nah, I don't have the money. Didn't then, still don't now. Down the track things might change. I was on the hunt for the other gentlemen, but I aren't too worried if I get them or not. I only go hunting when I have the cash, credit is for losers.

As evidenced in the photo Protozaius posted, there is a deliciously malevolent chemistry among them that calls for all three to accurately represent their character.

Besides, it's Gentlemen, not Gentleman. :)

Go for it!

anyk_bnnr.jpg

I have all three and Hush Buffy and love the group together! They come with the stand that lifts them up (it's very flimsy, so if it breaks wire will fix it!) and I have the "lead" guy just a bit taller.

I didn't know that the stands did that! What a cool feature! :monkey5

The Gentlemen just moved up a notch on my wanted list! :monkey3

But that Hush Buffy... she looks way too much like that Tonya Harding. She scares me! :google

Pretty sure I have number 2. I' like to pick up the others someday, but am in no rush. No one ever really posted that Hush Buffy was all that, so I haven't pursued her.

LMAO, that auction just answered my question. I don't really have a big desire to get the other two Gentlemen that's why I haven't really been looking. I just watched the Hush episode again the other day which started me thinking about it again. I wanted to get your opinions to see whether I was mistaken and really should have all three. I'm still happy having one to represent at least.

I'm trying to get Hush Buffy and third Gentleman (I've two of them),I think whole set is worth to have!!
But this price is crazy!!!

I just bought a set a few months ago because I'd cannibalized 2 of them for other projects and I think I only paid about $60. This price must be an anomaly.

FrankenFan said:
Nice, detailed pics of the figures and their accessories, here.

trkhn.jpg

Thanks for the link. I don't think I've ever seen detailed pictures of this figure before.

It's strange to look at them... it's Sideshow in their earlier years. the company has definately made some major strides in creating figures as well as packaging since these guys. Not that these guys are bad, they are not, it's just interesting.

Are the clear plastic waist braces very sturdy?

They're sturdy but they do break easily if you move it the wrong way. I have my figures coats over the waist braces and when I've dusted them I need to adjust them again and that's where I had a couple of them break. But, I used a sturdy wire to replace where it broke and that is secure enough.

If you happen to have any of the collector series Barbies, the clear plastic stands are of the same material. The opening is wide enough to get the figure in easily. You just use the care you would normally.

I expect they are brittle and not to be stressed. I haven't had any problems with the one I have. It fits under the jacket without being noticeable. You can see that they are there, but with the figure hovering out in front the illusion that they are floating is quite good. It depends at what height to eye level you may have them displayed.

I've probably owned 3 sets of these and the waist clamps have broken on most of them. It's a cool idea to have them floating, but these plastic clamps just won't last.

Back