Major Empire Spoiler Actually Dropped in 1977

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Mitchell

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't saw it postet anywere yet so I thought I would share it with you guys.

Link
excerpt.jpg

His link goes to the official Star Wars blog on starwars.com and the article was from issue #4 of Little Shoppe of Horrors with an extensive interview with David Prowse. Pretty crazy...

I had read back in 1987 that Lucas had went to a convention after SW and during an panel on SW was asked Who is Darth Vader? and I guess Lucas replied He's Luke's Father.

What's funny is if something like that was leaked today it would have been widespread knowledge within a day. But, we're just now learning about the spoiler 30+ years later :lol

What's funny is if something like that was leaked today it would have been widespread knowledge within a day. But, we're just now learning about the spoiler 30+ years later :lol

Not really when you consider that the source is an obscure UK magazine with a VERY sporadic publication schedule. We're talking YEARS between issues. :lol

If this is true, why do other people say David Prowse was left in the dark about the twist?

https://www.killermovies.com/forums...l-darth-vader-line-luke-i-am-your-father.html

falcon
I´m quoting an article from Empire magazine June 2002

....to keep it secret Hamill was told only the night before filming;renowned leaker Dave Prowse,in the Vader suit,couldn´t be trusted at all,and was deliberately sidetracked by a bogus alternative in which Vader tells Luke, "Obi wan Kenobi is your father."Filming the real scene,Prowse knew nothing,and at the crucial moment Hamill imagined
the line.It came as much of a schock to Prowse when he saw it as it did everyone else"

If this is true, why do other people say David Prowse was left in the dark about the twist?

https://www.killermovies.com/forums...l-darth-vader-line-luke-i-am-your-father.html

falcon
I´m quoting an article from Empire magazine June 2002

....to keep it secret Hamill was told only the night before filming;renowned leaker Dave Prowse,in the Vader suit,couldn´t be trusted at all,and was deliberately sidetracked by a bogus alternative in which Vader tells Luke, "Obi wan Kenobi is your father."Filming the real scene,Prowse knew nothing,and at the crucial moment Hamill imagined
the line.It came as much of a schock to Prowse when he saw it as it did everyone else"

I thought Hamill wasn't told the ending until post, and had to act to something else. :confused:

Found this with a quick search of these boards. Tried googling to no avail.

I remember hearing mark hamil in an interview about the "I am your father" scene. They told him to react to a terrible, earth-shattering bit of information, and told prouse to make something up. If I remember correctly it was something along the lines of

"Mark, I stole your Car and wrecked it while you were in make-up" During one of the takes.

Back on topic, Sucks about Prowse, but when playing with someone elses toys, it's best to do as they say, lest you get asked to not play any more.

Back