Oz Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Okay, I've just given all of the Buffy DVDs back to the friend who let me borrow them (he has other people to convert)... so I'm without the DVDs. I'm waiting for the slimmer case version of the Buffy series to come out at the end of May. I need to reference the series but currently can't. So my question is....

What type of guitar did Oz use while he played with thge band Dingoes Ate My Baby? I'm looking to purchase a 1/6 scale guitar for my human Oz figure and display him with him weaqring the Dingoes t-shirt. (I would have my Werewolf Oz hold it but people would think I was a Teen Wolf Fan!) Anyways, I'm no expert at spotting the type or brand of guitar anyways, but I want to be accurate. Sound crazy? Did he use more than one type of guitar? I'm sure there is SOMEBODY out there that can help me with these questions... someone more musically inclined.

Does anybody else have their Oz displayed with a guitar?

I have him displayed with one of the Palisades guitars from a couple of years ago. I didn't pay too much attention to what kind of guitar though as, like you, I couldn't remember what it looked like. I also took a couple of wristbands from a Spinal Tap figure and made some wrist bands out of wire to hide his wrist joints without the long shirt on. I now know his arms are too long, but holding the guitar you just don't notice.

Zaius,
this is an awesome idea!!! I never even thought about getting Oz a guitar, as right now he is holding the little bat he came with (what else am I supposed to do with it?):confused: I better start looking for a little guitar!

Well, I went Ebay browsing today. Here's what I found.

Is this an accurate Oz guitar? Looks very cool!

They appear to be in the $20 range... a "do"able sum after I pay for my human faced SPIKE!!!! I'm so stoked!

A quick google image search turns up the bust that diamond produced, though I don't think that Oz ever held this guitar...:confused:

Yeah, that guitar doesn't look familiar at all. It looks too flashy for what I think Oz would play.

Can any hard core Buffy fans chime in on this one?

There is a company that makes a number of Fender 1/6 scale guitars. Frankenfan posted a link to it one time. I lost that link a long time ago. Maybe you could PM him.

The pic you have there may be one of theirs, though I never knew they came with a stand. It is indeed a black Fender strat. How accurate it is to the one Oz used I can't say. e.g did it have a rosewood neck rather than the maple one your pic depicts. Diamond may not have had the rights to use a Fender in their sculpting, so designed their own rad guitar for the ocassion.

Oz played a variety of guitars, but the two that stand out to me are the red Fender Stratocaster he was practicing on, "moving [his band] towards this new sound where... we suck..." in Surprise, and the black B.C. Rich Warlock he played in the opening to Harsh Light Of Day. The Diamond Select Oz bust, pictured above, depicts him with the Warlock (or a reasonable facsimile, thereof).

dww.jpg

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember that he had a red Fender in one of the episodes. However, I was looking at the past month of 1/6 scale Fenders on Ebay and didn't see any of the red variety.

Looks like I might just have to settle for something that LOOKS cool but may not be wholly accurate. :monkey3

This is a great idea! I currently have him holding Willow's gun but it just doesn't look right! I think I'll start hunting for a little guitar for him too! Twenty dollars, though, that's a lot for an extra accessory but I don't know if I'll be able to resist! I bought my Dru some little "Miss Edith" dolls just because I thought they would look so good with her!

65671009_708faaa77e.jpg

Protozaius said:
Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember that he had a red Fender in one of the episodes. However, I was looking at the past month of 1/6 scale Fenders on Ebay and didn't see any of the red variety.

Looks like I might just have to settle for something that LOOKS cool but may not be wholly accurate. :monkey3

How are you at painting? Maybe you could paint it red to make it more exact?

Gee thanks, I had to order ALL their 1/6 guitars. I've got enough of these to outfit a marching band!

Gee Franken Fan... you have all the great banners!!!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

If only Sideshow would take a hint.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Firefly Flanatic said:
This is a great idea! I currently have him holding Willow's gun but it just doesn't look right! I think I'll start hunting for a little guitar for him too! Twenty dollars, though, that's a lot for an extra accessory but I don't know if I'll be able to resist! I bought my Dru some little "Miss Edith" dolls just because I thought they would look so good with her!

65671009_708faaa77e.jpg

Those dolls look GREAT with Dru! SS Freak board members are SO creative!:D

Thanks for the links Frankenfan.

There aint nothing hard about painting the black strat red is there?

Looking good Firefly Flan.

My Oz arrived today. Got it locally for $15 including shipping off ebay. Best buy for the money I have ever had.

Last edited:
Back