1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceberg66

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Ladies & gentlemen, allow me to present you this 1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito. :clap

IMG_3581.jpg
IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

I happened to discover this boxed R2 displayed in one local toystore. I did not know what this item was, but I found that the height of this droid appoximate match my SW 12" figures. The price is a bit expensive, so I decide to do a research back home through some toy websites & youtube. Then I gladly managed to get one from a HK ebayer & happy to present to you, 18cm height Taito R2D2 digital clock. Please excuse me for posting to much photos.:wave

ANH.jpg

Height comparsion

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

Taito R2 vs Hasbro R2

IMG_3573.jpg

Koto w Taito

Last edited:
Yes Puay, it is almost similar to the hasbro one, plus some extra features.

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

also come with centre leg.

IMG_3575.jpg

custom hasbro R2 vs Taito R2

IMG_3552.jpg

leia w R2

IMG_3559.jpg

Luke w R2

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

vintage R2, Taito R2, hasbro R2, CW R2

IMG_3570.jpg

That looks really nice.

I'd never display it with the dome extended, but that would make painting and weathering easier to mask. Does it rotate?

Last edited:
It's funny, but I often forget how tall R2 actually was. In my mind he's always like 3ft tall :lol Probably can blame the Vintage Kenner figures for that.

Haha!, yea..I like this one better then the Medicom version.

I think i have a R2 made by the same company possibly except, mine is some cheese projector.

Hmmm...That looks nice. I just ordered a Medi R2 but now I'm thinking this one will work just fine. I may be selling that Medi one and getting this one now.

Nah, not just scale wise..porportion wise as well, when comparing this to R2-D2 from the movies.

Light up features are Zzzzzz if you can't nail the likeness.

Nah, not just scale wise..porportion wise as well, when comparing this to R2-D2 from the movies.

Light up features are Zzzzzz if you can't nail the likeness.

They're just gimmicks anyway. How many people are gonna leave them on 24/7 and eat the cost of batteries anyway? :huh

Thats a pretty sweet deal for $30 shipped, but it looks a little too big to me and not detailed enough for 1/6, I am waiting for SST to tackle this - sooner or later they will...

Back