Star Wars Weekends!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
ok, not to steal the thunder out of the SDCC, but i just realized that the annual Star Wars weekends are coming up next month. does anyone here in the boards ever attend this event?? i live about 45 mins. away so ive been going every year for the past 3.
Here's a list of the SO far confirmed celebrities:
Warwick Davis will be there all 4 weekends... the first celebrity to ever do this.

May 19,20,& 21 : Rick McCallum (producer) and Peter Mayhew (no introductions)

May 26, 27, &28: Jake Lloyd (Young Anakin) and Matthew Wood(Voice of General Grievous)

June 2,3, & 4: Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho) and Bonnie Mariee Piesse (Beru from the prequels)

June 9,10&11 : Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, duh) and Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett)

here's some links with more information, or you can ask me for some basic general stuff on what goes on.

https://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/news20060411.html
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEventsDetail?id=StarWarsWeekendsSpecialEventPage

I've always been interested but never had the chance to go. Thanks for the heads up though, I usually only hear about it after it's over. Might be cool to check out this year.... :D

I went in 2000. More accurately, I was there in 2000. My wife and I just happened to be at Disney that week. It was great luck.

I went there last year and had a blast. My family was on vacation there to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary (my wife and I were actualy married at Disney World :monkey3) and it coincided with first two weekends of the Star Wars Weekends. And also I was at Disney World when I Episode III premiered. We saw it in a sold out crowd projected in digital at the theater near Pleasure Island. (That is also the first time I saw the Serenity trailer, which started me watching all things Joss Whedon). It was a perfect venue to see the film!!!

To enjoy the weekends, it helps to have kids. It was fun to see my son's reaction to all of those people dressed in Star Wars garb. They usually have some fun exclusive items for the weekends only. Mostly special pins... Disney parks are BIG on those pins, boy. I picked up a special pin that commemorated the opening day of Episode III's release as a souvenir.

My son got the exclusive Mickey as Darth Vader plush that sold out the first weekend. He loves it. We also picked up the Jedi Mickey and TONS of t-shirts. It was fun to immerse yourself in the whole setting.

And it is the only time of the year that there is nearly a two hour wait to get on Star Tours. Usually you can walk right on without hardly any wait.

And Hasbro was all over the park. They have a Darth Tater signing autographs at the enterance at the park (BLEECK!) and they gave out free Attacktix figures to vistors as well as they set up an offical Attacktix arena to play the game. Needless to say my son got hooked on the game then and there. Currently he has over 60+ Attacktix figures. I'd say the promotion worked.

If we had the money we would go again in a heartbeat. Hopefully we can go some year BEFORE the kids get to old to enjoy the weekends.

Last edited:
Sadly, I don't live too far away... yet I have only been to Disney once when I was really young. To let you know how long ago that was... they still had the 10000 leagues under the sea ride. Yeah... long time ago.

But, I do want to go again sometime. Would be nice to go on Star Tours again.

We caught the last weekend there last year. I had no idea it was a star wars weekend. Turns out my wife had planned it that way for me.
:chew

Darth Rage said:
We caught the last weekend there last year. I had no idea it was a star wars weekend. Turns out my wife had planned it that way for me.
:chew
thats funny.. at least you had a good time though. i usually try to get as many people as i can to go because i hope it continues. i end up going two weekends every year because i like to meet the actors and i live fairly close. im probably gonna go the weekend boba and jango fett will be there. i met jeremy bulloch last year and he's such a cool guy, he actually talks to the fans instead of signing and brushing you away. :chew

hairlesswookiee said:
but soooo worth it!!! you're right though that is a long flight for the weekend.

Maybe I will have to plan it for next year. I wonder if they are selling another Mickey plush figure to go with the Jedi and Vader the last 2 years... gotta get me one of those.

madden821 said:
Maybe I will have to plan it for next year. I wonder if they are selling another Mickey plush figure to go with the Jedi and Vader the last 2 years... gotta get me one of those.

if you want i can pick one up for you. i usually get one myself and one of the posters.

hairlesswookiee said:
if you want i can pick one up for you. i usually get one myself and one of the posters.

That would be sweet, thanks. I'm not sure if they are even making one this year but if they do I would appreciate it.

Welp, looks like they are making Darth Goofy this year. They just cut the head off last years Mickey and put Goofys head on. Would have been nice to have a totaly different one.. oh well.

goofy.jpg

wow thats really cheesy.... im dissapointed. usually there are some really creattive things available.

~~ have you heard the rumors that they are gonna re-vamp the star tours ride??

hairlesswookiee said:
wow thats really cheesy.... im dissapointed. usually there are some really creattive things available.

~~ have you heard the rumors that they are gonna re-vamp the star tours ride??

I've heard rumors about this for YEARS!!!

I remember an article once stated that the first footage of the first "new" Star Wars film in 16 years might premiere in the Star Tours ride. Talk was that you would ride along side with Anakin in a Pod Race.

As we all know that never materialized. Good idea though.:D

But I'm sure that it will be updated eventually. What I heard was that the ride was originally planned to offer different rides to different planets. So if they do re-vamp it, they would probably keep the old version around for anyone to wants to ride it.

As for this year's merchandise, I'm a bit disappointed with the offerings, overall. I think the logo design is weak compared to past designs. The Jedi Mickey Big Fig that will be unveiled this year looks kind of fun.

Last edited:
Is that Mickey only gonna be available at weekends? I might just brave the crowd to go get that...hmm...

As for re-vamping Star Tours I like the idea of going to different planets alot. Imagine arriving at Coruscant during the opening battle of ROTS. Ooh, I get excited just thinking about it.

Back