Gentle Giant Rancor Scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure but if Malakili, The rancor keeper, is in scale with the troopers so far, Its gonna be big and massive!!!! :chew

Unfortunatly the edition size will be massive too :monkey2

Im still gonna buy :D

This jaw-droping rendition of Jabba's famous pet — The Rancor — is fully realized in this 7"-scale polyresin statue. Standing 16" tall x 17" wide x 11" deep, the Rancor comes complete with his handler holding the chains. This statue comes with a hand-numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

Got this from some site, but reliable. It is also up for pre-order too. $235.

im probably gonna wait on this to see if the price goes down. for the size of it $260 is about right. but thats a lot of money for me for a non-character. but it would be sweet looking sitting on....oh yeah i dont have room on any shelves for it. :lol

What are these prices of $260 or $235!?!?! BAH! :D Bob over at firesidecollectibles has it for $229.00.

FIRESIDE RANCOR

:rock
godfathertitle9un.jpg

DannieDarKo said:
What are these prices of $260 or $235!?!?! BAH! :D Bob over at firesidecollectibles has it for $229.00.

FIRESIDE RANCOR

godfathertitle9un.jpg

thanks. i'm still not sure yet, but got two of the Leia and R2. I really hate to buy the Leia and R2 later on because I have a feeling it will cost as much as GG Padme maquette.

student_toe5 said:
thanks. i'm still not sure yet, but got two of the Leia and R2. I really hate to buy the Leia and R2 later on because I have a feeling it will cost as much as GG Padme maquette.

I seriously doubt that.

This one being widely available through multiple retailers including Diamond, well, let's just say the edition size won't be anywhere near Padme's 1000 units.

Thanks to everyone who gave info. This is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I went ahead and placed my order for this monster. Pun intended.

I was actually hoping it would be a little bigger. I can't display this next to Chewie because it will just look odd. But I did get my order in with Bob today.

tomandshell said:
Yes, both are designed in 7" scale, along with the Tauntaun and Speeder Bike statues.

Really? I thought the Tauntaun was bigger. Like somewhere in between the Speeder Bike and the Dewback Scale.

I'm just going by the Gentle Giant website info. The Tauntaun page lists it as 7" scale (same as the rest), but I won't be able to say for sure about the Tauntaun until it actually gets here.

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping the Rancor would be towering over the others. It just looks so damn good I was hoping it would be big to boot. I am impressed over the price though, I though it was coming in at around $400 so I guess you give and take.

I am going to preorder the Rancor this weekend, I am just kicking myself for not getting the Dewback. I want that one pretty badly. I have the biker scout and Luke on Tauntaun headed my way. These are my favorites of the GG products.

Back