Mando’s 1/6 ARAH Customs and Dio Shots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
I tend to bounce back and forth between projects like an 8-bit frog trying to cross the road, so after much debate I’ve decided to start one all-encompassing Joe custom thread for my stuff instead of showing it via multiple sporadic posts spread across the ever growing GI Joe/Military section.
This is pretty much going be equal parts recap and new stuff beginning with some re-shoots and past dios, some of which may or may not have been posted on here.

INDEX:*

GI Joe

Hawk, pg. 1
Hit & Run, pg. 1
Rock n Roll, pg. 3
Snow Job, pg.7
Wild Bill,pg. 1

Cobra

Cobra Officer, pg. 1
Storm Shadow, pg. 1
Major Bludd, pg. 4

*(page #'s listed according to default setting)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Startng off with sort of an oddball. This was the first one where I couldn't just kitbash things together. Parts had to be sculpted and assembled from scratch. It had to look and feel exactly like Hit n Run otherwise its just some random soldier in green camo. He could use more of a duffle bag at some point and the proper M16 but for now:

Light Infantryman CODENAME: Hit & Run

hitnrunnew.jpg

hitnrunnew1.jpg

hitnrunnew2.jpg

HnRboots.jpg

HnRfield.jpg

Last edited:
Storm Shadow was the epitome of cool when I was a kid and I was constantly covetting the '84 figure. Unfortunately I had to settle for '88 which was okay but didn't a candle to the original. Sideshow's Storm Shadow was a knock out at no mistake but to fit with the rest of crew I changed some things up.

Cobra Ninja CODENAME: Storm Shadow

StormShadow5.jpg

StormShadow3.jpg

GnightHawk.jpg

Still had the buckle facing the wrong direction in those last two.:slap
------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, another killer figure by itself but I wanted an Officer that looked like the '82 version.

Officer CODENAME: The Enemy

1982CobraOfficer.jpg

1982CobraOfficer1.jpg

Last edited:
Helicopter Pilot CODENAME: Wild Bill

WildBillnew1.jpg

WildBillnew.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

Rarely seen wip bits for a project that never was. Airtight was my first Joe way back when and I've always had a softspot for the underappreciated figure. At some point I am going to finish him.

airtightwips.jpg

airtightwips1.jpg

Last edited:
Airtight would make for an awesome Sideshow figure, but I don't reckon they'll produce him. As you say, he's under-appreciated (as well as under-exposed in the comics/cartoon).

Though I've said it before, those are great customs that I wish Sideshow would base their designs on. I am very jealous of your skills and custom collection, Mando.

Killer work Mando, they all look incredible but my fav has to be Hit & Run, this was one of my fav figure as a kid!

I hope I will have time to tackle him in the near future.

I believe those are elastic straps wrapped around the legs and arms.

Yeah, I have the material so I guess what I'm asking is how he got the criss cross look. Start at the top of the lower leg by centering the middle of the strap section then cross it over the front over and over as you wind it down the leg?
Anyway, I have an idea. I'll try it out this weekend.

As always M, great stuff all the way around a true inspiration to all my custom Joe's :bow

Godfather of GI JOE is here people. :lecture

Airtight would make for an awesome Sideshow figure, but I don't reckon they'll produce him. As you say, he's under-appreciated (as well as under-exposed in the comics/cartoon).

Though I've said it before, those are great customs that I wish Sideshow would base their designs on. I am very jealous of your skills and custom collection, Mando.

Killer work Mando, they all look incredible but my fav has to be Hit & Run, this was one of my fav figure as a kid!

I hope I will have time to tackle him in the near future.

Sooooo awesome, X! Love the Airtight WIP.... I dug him quite a bit too as a kid.

BTW, how did you do the leggings for SS?

Thanks guys! :duff
Airtight would be pretty cool to have in this scale if only for all the little details. He might've been the bite that was more than I could chew at the time, but he's definitely something to go back too once I clear some space.

Hit & Run was such a cool figure I had to have him in 1/6. He definitely needs some '88 buddies at some point though.

Love his Wild Bill.

Thanks, 'FACE! The cowboy definitely needs his indian companion. :gun

Awesome as always. I love the Joe customs.

Thanks, Preeny!

As always M, great stuff all the way around a true inspiration to all my custom Joe's :bow

Godfather of GI JOE is here people. :lecture

:hi5:

Thanks, Ski! Color me re-inspired, bro! :rock2 :rock2

:exactly: I was a big fan of Mando's work long before I joined this forum or even collected 1/6 scale figures. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the indirect cause of my interest in the goddamn things.

Thanks alot, ______! :mad:

:lol:wave

WOW!! Love them all!! Did you paint the emblem silver on the officer or use a decal? I love it, want to make one just like it.

That sigil is painted but EVILFACE makes some killer decals that go right in place of it.Look for the Fourth Circle of Hell thread in the customs section.

That Wild Bill is insane! I don't think it could be any closer to the source material.

Honestly, his holsters should actually be flipped but I thought that looked too strange. I'm actually trying to put together an easy diy recipe for Bill like the Doc one.

Yeah, I have the material so I guess what I'm asking is how he got the criss cross look. Start at the top of the lower leg by centering the middle of the strap section then cross it over the front over and over as you wind it down the leg?
Anyway, I have an idea. I'll try it out this weekend.

The leg one are just weeved in out of eachother. Its time consuming but not hard at all. Just takes some trial and error to get the right "wrapped" look. Tweasers are your best friend too! :lecture

Back