Dino De Laurentiis Dies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Dino De Laurentiis, who produced more than 160 films and was nominated for Oscars 35 times, has died at age 91, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

De Laurentiis won the Academy Award for best foreign-language film for 1954's "La Strada," directed by fellow Italian Federico Fellini, according to imdb.com.

He produced the Jane Fonda cult classic "Barbarella" in 1968 and moved to the United States shortly after, according to Digital Spy.

He had a reputation for backing big-budget bombs, but he made good movies too. Among his credits are "Serpico," "Three Days of the Condor," "Flash Gordon," "Dune" and the 1976 remake of "King Kong."

He did not produce "The Silence of the Lambs" in 1991 but did take charge of "Hannibal" and "Hannibal Rising," according to DigitalSpy.

I love his Grand daughter!!! Giada

giada_de_laurentiis_sobe1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I loved some of his "bad" movies just as much as the good ones. Dune and Conan are great films, but Flash Gordon will always be in my top 5 favorite cheezy/bad movies.

He was involved in some great movies (Blue Velvet!. :rock ...and some not so great movies. (Hannibal Rising!)

I like to think that Dino gave the Wachowski Bros. their start in the biz.

Last edited:
Back