Best 1/6 weapons?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, this question is for you 1/6 vets out there.

I've been a collector for years, mostly the polystone stuff. I got into the 1/6 stuff with the LOTR line and a few Star Wars figures, but finally went full bore when the G.I. Joe line was released (In fact, the first 1/6 figure I opened was Snake Eyes; after that, I went to open all my MIB LOTR and Star Wars figures). Fast forward to now: I have all the Joe figures (except CCC) and some Hot Toys figures.

I've been resisting getting into kit-bashing and picking up new weapons, but I can't any longer. There are some cool weapons on Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety. Are there any 1/6 weapons you may recommend over others? I know Hot Toys makes good weapons, but there are a few manufacturers on Monkey Depot whom I've never heard of (ACE, Aoshima, BBi, Dragon...) that I'm interested in.

Any recommendations / advice / guidance is appreciated.

I've been a collector for years, mostly the polystone stuff. I got into the 1/6 stuff with the LOTR line and a few Star Wars figures, but finally went full bore when the G.I. Joe line was released (In fact, the first 1/6 figure I opened was Snake Eyes; after that, I went to open all my MIB LOTR and Star Wars figures). Fast forward to now: I have all the Joe figures (except CCC) and some Hot Toys figures.

I've been resisting getting into kit-bashing and picking up new weapons, but I can't any longer. There are some cool weapons on Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety. Are there any 1/6 weapons you may recommend over others? I know Hot Toys makes good weapons, but there are a few manufacturers on Monkey Depot whom I've never heard of (ACE, Aoshima, BBi, Dragon...) that I'm interested in.

Sideshow's weapons are top notch. HT makes good weapons in most cases. So does Ace and BBi and in most cases 21st Century. Dragon's weapons can be a bit wonky in a few cases, but for the most part, they have solid weapons as well, just not with working charging handles, telescoping stocks, moving slides, etc. DiD is also worth mentioning as sometimes you'll get some awesome pieces.

HT makes some sets of 12 guns per case, toys2 had some of series 4, they are pricing but cool nonetheless

The AK I got for my Cobra Officer is amazing. It was some Japanese collection box piece. The seller didn't send the box, so I don't know who made it (the auction listed it as Dragon, DID, BBI, Hot Toys, Ace).

Up until that, the best I've seen are Sideshow's. I kinda wish the Hot Toys SMG (BR Joker) I got for Firefly was a Sideshow gun.

The AK I got for my Cobra Officer is amazing. It was some Japanese collection box piece. The seller didn't send the box, so I don't know who made it (the auction listed it as Dragon, DID, BBI, Hot Toys, Ace).

Up until that, the best I've seen are Sideshow's. I kinda wish the Hot Toys SMG (BR Joker) I got for Firefly was a Sideshow gun.

Yeah, that K sucked worse than the 21st Century K that came with the MIKE Force figure. :lol

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up guys.

One more comment, and I might get bashed for this, but I'm ready for it: the prices. $15.99 for a single 1/6 scale assault rifle? I guess that's the going rate, but maybe it's sticker shock for me. I have no issues paying $129.99 etc. for the Joes with their load out, but just the $15.99 price for such a seemingly small piece kinda warps my mind. I guess if I approach it in terms of the total $129.99 being parted out piece by piece it makes sense, but my initial thought was "wow".

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up guys.

One more comment, and I might get bashed for this, but I'm ready for it: the prices. $15.99 for a single 1/6 scale assault rifle? I guess that's the going rate, but maybe it's sticker shock for me. I have no issues paying $129.99 etc. for the Joes with their load out, but just the $15.99 price for such a seemingly small piece kinda warps my mind. I guess if I approach it in terms of the total $129.99 being parted out piece by piece it makes sense, but my initial thought was "wow".

Start surfing the HK stores on EbaY. You'll find the same guns for $9 or less and free or low-priced shipping.

Guns are going to be marked up because they appeal to the wider range of 1/6 collecting: Military buffs.

Zacca made some pretty cool guns and each one came with a rack to put it one and then you could connect the racks. They were sold in small boxes similar to the HT ones but for half the price or so.

I don't really go in for all the real wood/metal bs. If its painted well enough, unless your holding it, you really cannot tell. :dunno

Soldier Story makes some great stuff, I have an AK-47 made of real metal and wood, with moving parts and a magazine with 4 or 5 brass bullets, I also have a shotgun with some metal parts.

The rest of their weapons are pretty cool too.

That's awesome. The one I found on ebay has metal parts, but nothing moves. Anyone know who made these?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160429012611

I've had my eye on that weapon myself.
It's made by Dr. Figures:
https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=490
https://www.store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=564

I have no idea about quality of Dr. figures.
Diecast metal doesn't always have the best detail, but all the pics of that AK look great.

I actually think Dragon makes some of the best weapons. No warping barrels and hollow flash suppressors. I have a Dragon M60 MG that is just incredible, the only drawback is the slings. Replace those as soon as possible. 21st century used to make some decent stuff later on.

At some point SS, should make a weapons/accessory pack, unles they have some agreement with HT

I collect 1/6 weapons. Mostly from WWII to modern, although I have some Pre-WWI weapons.

Dragon is very good. Very proportional.
HT used to be very good, even though most of them are over scaled.
Dr. Figure is not very good. I think they are bad recast of other weapons, but I do like their ammo links even though they are expensive.
21C...I would rate this at not very good, although they have some good weapons, it is not very good in general.
Zacca weapons depends on what your buying. All are good, some are extremely good.
Ti-lite I would say are good weapons. I would say excellent weapons if not the price + if you don't oil them down, they will rust on you and for that price...are you really getting quality, I guess (?). But I would rather collect SS or DiD before reaching for Ti-lite weapons.

I could go on and on about weapons, but the best are DiD and SS.

Not the first weapons of DiD but the later generations. The first DiD weapons stunk. Even though they were made out of metal (I think it was pewter?), they tended to break way too often. The weapons now produced by DiD are top notch and I collect them whenever I have the chance.

SS weapons...what can I say about them...well proportioned, you can strip the weapons down like the 1:1 counterpart, rails conveniently match the flashlights/lasers/vertical grips...I could go on and on about SS weapons. If I were to criticize them, it would be some of the rail parts are way too loose or way to tight, but that is a very mild criticism.

This is MO of the weapons and experiences of collecting weapons for 5 years now.

Back