Medicom ROTS Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Just got this today. It's pretty impressive. The attention to detail is very very nice. Like with SS Luke all the different hands make it a lot of fun if you want to pose your Vader in different poses. I like the one it comes in with the arms crossed very Vader like. His lightsaber is ver well done and if you want it left off you just leave the top that's already on it on. If you would prefer it to be lit just pull that tip off and replace it with the ignited lightsaber tip. The detail on Vader's crispy head is pretty sweet as well I kind of like the look but here is one of my gripes I just don't like the way they did the helm. It seems like it will want to come off very easily which is why I'd prefer SS not to go this route and if they want to show off his crispy head in any version they do go with multiple heads. That way there isn't a chance of the helm wanting to fall apart. One of my complaints with the is the cape it just seems to be too big and my final complaint is their bases suck. I don't think they seem to want to hold the figure very well at all. I'm thinking of opening my TWLZ SS figure and using that base to hold this Vader.

His size compared to the SS Luke doesn't seem to be all that off really so I'm very pleased with that. Overall I'd give this figure a 8/10.

Pics to come later. I don't have my digital right now.

Overall a nice figure. I agree that the cape is too big, but I don't think it takes away too much. The base is really plain as you said as well. I guess nothing is ever perfect LOL, but it's a nice looking figure.

It looks great but I'm not convinced it's worth the price that it goes for. I think I'll wait for Sideshow to do one in 12" scale.

You're right Kit. Neither of these takes away from the figure that's for sure. I like and am pleased with it overall. Now, is it worth $167 bucks probably not is it worth around $100 or so yeah.

The scale is certainly off, and the dome is missing the "widow's peak" but it looks like a decent figure.

The scale is off a little but it's not that prevalent. It's not enough to keep me from displaying it with my SS 12" anyway.

Overall, it's a pretty sweet piece. Besides the couple of complaints I had really this figure is worth the money.:chew

I just bought my ROTS Vader from eBay and it really is an awesome piece however the only complaint I have about it is that it seems the hands don't really attach and as a result, they seem to fall off at the slightest provocation. Other than that my first and lasting impression was "holy $&#@ this is the coolest figure I have ever seen!" :D

Yeah, you do have to push the hands back more than I thought to make sure they stay on. Evil his size as far as the bulkiness of the body is what appears to give it the scale difference. I'm like you I can't wait to see and get SS version when it comes out.:chew

LOTRFan said:
The scale is certainly off, and the dome is missing the "widow's peak" but it looks like a decent figure.

only the ANH Vader has the widows peak. All the films from Emipre through Jedi to Sith have the Vader with no peak.

hunky_artist said:
only the ANH Vader has the widows peak. All the films from Emipre through Jedi to Sith have the Vader with no peak.

He certainly does on the GG bust, and appears to here ....

And if not a "widow's peak" certainly more than simply straight across.

Well,

I think that the Medicom Vader is pretty darn accurate. Here is a comparison shot....looks more accurate than the SS 1/4 Vader Statue. If SS does this good a job, I will be a very happy collector.

Cheers,

Brad

Well, the SS 1/4 helm is pretty damn accurate to the ANH helm as us the Medicom to ROTS. Both are awesome:chew

Back