My Luke 12" Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Here is a review I did for a SW site I post on Sandtroopers.com for the Luke 12" Exclusive. I had some help from a member there Boba Binks on the photos and his photo shop program crashed and it took him a bit to get everything fixed. It just got posted and thought I'd share it with you all.

Luke 12" Review

The review was nice, but the pics aren't too hot. The hand pics look like zombie hands and a bit too much photoshop.

I agree with the comments on the pictures. Granted, this figure, while spectacular in person, is not very photogenic to us amateur photographers, but those pictures are horrific. Even moreso, the quality contradicts your earlier (and might I say dead-on accurate) comments about the sculpt, likeness, and paint detail. People not familiar with the figure will read that, look at the pics, and then scratch their heads and try to figure out what kind of drugs you took.

Perhaps some other posters here who took some incredible shots of their Lukes will offer to let you use them. I'd give you mine, but even I've had trouble getting decent pics of it.

I don't have a problem with the photos. The one of the hands didn't come out as well as I'd like but the aren't bad. Here is my original photo.

That one shot of the hands is awful. "zombie hands" indeed. I can't figure out how that effect was achieved, but it had to have been Photoshop.

lukeaccessories.jpg

Nice review so far. I'm still reading but noticed three typos in the first three paragraphs. I only mention it since it takes my attention away from the review. Anyway, I bolded them..

Star Wars fans that didn’t know anything about Sideshow Collectibles where about to get the treat of a life time for their favorite characters from that galaxy far far away.

Sideshow Collectibles choose the first figure of their whole 12-inch line to be none other than Luke Skywalker himself. This version of Luke Skywalker comes from the Order of the Jedi line in Sideshows 12-inch Star Wars line and represents Luke from Episode Six: Return of the Jedi

Edit:

A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom.

These typos are going to drive me crazy. I'm probably the only one this anal.

Last edited:
I thought it was a nice review, and I agree with it. Luke is a great figure. I don't collect a lot of 12" figures and never have, but Luke gives me confidence that I will be pleased with the quality of this line.

And I can overlook typos. This isn't English class, and we're all human! (Although I did get a chuckle out of "ACCESSORIES NOT BE SHOWN TO SCALE" at the bottom of that pic, just because I thought it sounded like something that Yoda might say.)

I hope that we don't get so critical around here that people will be reluctant to share things like this. A lot of work went into that review, and it's a lot easier for us to pick it apart than it was for Josh to put it all together and share it with everybody.

:peace

I apolgize for the typos. I tried to catch them and have it double checked to make sure we got them. It won't stop me from sharing so no worries there. If I got all uptight on my erros in keying I'd have stopped posting a long time ago.

tomandshell said:
And I can overlook typos. This isn't English class, and we're all human! (Although I did get a chuckle out of "ACCESSORIES NOT BE SHOWN TO SCALE" at the bottom of that pic, just because I thought it sounded like something that Yoda might say.)
Same here. I found that one amusing.

I hope that we don't get so critical around here that people will be reluctant to share things like this. A lot of work went into that review, and it's a lot easier for us to pick it apart than it was for Josh to put it all together and share it with everybody.
:peace

True enough. However, Josh was, I presumed, looking for feedback not just praise. I also found the misspellings distracting. He obviously put much effort into his review. I'm sure that he'll hit the F7 key next time to put the finishing touches on his work.

Remember, it took 100 times longer for Rob Schneider to make Deuce Bigalow 2 than it did for Roger Ebert to trash it. That doesn't mean Ebert was wrong.

[ Deuce comparison not meant to reflect at all on the review, which I liked. ]

OK. Fair enough. I just got the feeling that he wanted to share it with us, not that he was looking for corrections. (And some of those errors will get by spell check, like "choose" and life time." They aren't spelling errors, but grammatical ones, so the spell check will overlook them. Or is it over look?!? :D)

But Josh wouldn't have gotten past the 100,000 post mark if he was worried about a little criticism every now and then!

Just for the record: If I ever show you guys a picture of my new baby, I want you to tell me that he's cute, or else keep quiet! :D

I did want to share it. That was my #1 thing but if someone finds something that got past me or anyone I had look at it that's fine to say something. So I appreciate the kind words and any remarks that might help me do a better job next time around.

Your right Tom criticism doesn't bother me really. I've gotten plenty over my many posts here and other boards and heck especially in College. It's all part of the learning experience that is life.

I didn't mean any harm by my post and glad to see you didn't take it that way. I just believe when reading a lengthy review it lowers your perception of the person reviewing if you constantly have to overlook typos, spelling, grammatical errors or whatever might be the problem. I was just providing some criticism that might help elevate future reviews.

Overall it was a nice review and was obvious you put a lot of time and effort in it which is always refreshing. :) :chew

Thanks. I can't promise error free reviews but I will always try to make sure they are as error free as possible.:chew

Man, everyone's a critic. I think Josh did a really good job. A few errors don't bother me as long as I understand what's being conveyed.

Tom, your baby's cute. I just wanted to get that out of the way. :D

Back