Display cabinets for 1/6 figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was going to put a " ? " in the title but figured this thread could be used in the future for anyone wondering on how to display there 1/6 stuff rather than opening a million new threads asking the same question.

I'm only collecting 1/6 figures now and whilst the detolfs are fantastic and cheap they're not doing a good job of keeping dust out and I'd like something different in the future.
I was hoping on finding something around the same height as a detolf but a lot wider and with a better seal from dust. It's proving difficult though.

I like the idea of the figures being able to be lined up in one unit behind glass without having 2 or 3 figures , space , next detolf , 2 or 3 figures , space , next detolf.
If I'm spending usually over £100.00 per figure I'd like to invest in some decent display cabinets. Unless there is around a 14" inch gap per shelf too , something that seems almost a must for me in this hobby is adjustable shelving and that's proving a nightmare since I'm already looking for something quite specific. :monkey4

Any ideas ?. I'm thinking about looking into how much something custom made would be but I'm afraid of the price I'm going to get. :monkey2:lol

I was going to put a " ? " in the title but figured this thread could be used in the future for anyone wondering on how to display there 1/6 stuff rather than opening a million new threads asking the same question.

I'm only collecting 1/6 figures now and whilst the detolfs are fantastic and cheap they're not doing a good job of keeping dust out and I'd like something different in the future.
I was hoping on finding something around the same height as a detolf but a lot wider and with a better seal from dust. It's proving difficult though.

I like the idea of the figures being able to be lined up in one unit behind glass without having 2 or 3 figures , space , next detolf , 2 or 3 figures , space , next detolf.
If I'm spending usually over £100.00 per figure I'd like to invest in some decent display cabinets. Unless there is around a 14" inch gap per shelf too , something that seems almost a must for me in this hobby is adjustable shelving and that's proving a nightmare since I'm already looking for something quite specific. :monkey4

Any ideas ?. I'm thinking about looking into how much something custom made would be but I'm afraid of the price I'm going to get. :monkey2:lol

Unless you have a friend or you can make it yourself quality custom stuff is gonna cost you a lot. But I guess that all depends on how much glass and if it is wood or not. Your best bet is trying to find something prebuilt.

Although from that respect I can't be much of help since I just use Detolf. Curious to see what others post.

Okay what you can do as most 1/6 stuff is only around 12" high you can use the besta cabinets for these. You can get one of the 75" units and get 5 of the 15" Tombo doors and they will fit perfectly on the 75" unit so you can have 5 shelves.

Here is a link to the units Im talking about
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40102129 and
5 of these https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103553.

Or you can get a double unit and 10 doors.

I would say you could easily fit 6 to 10 figures per shelf for a total of almost 30 to 50 figures per unit. Now this will cost you about $300 for the set up but I would suggest looking in AS-IS because mine has these all the time there.

Also if you can still find the Vegby doors you could also use those for a pretty neat and cheaper 12" display.

ZZLmd_0bPHB7OglSG7Ol-09nq4F8_HLKCYcQL-Q1krriIJUN9OD5Q328YtPSX_Cqfj6JQb1PhOck_GvWk2fC7tIh4ZqiuP61suo-d_bpROkrS3NkoV1V59IkjFeUJd-i3lR6ebXn6zr2HcZ-VCljLh7MwQkBQv7WGtm1fAuOB3UwVcET054

:rock :rock

Thanks for all the help guys.

Okay what you can do as most 1/6 stuff is only around 12" high you can use the besta cabinets for these. You can get one of the 75" units and get 5 of the 15" Tombo doors and they will fit perfectly on the 75" unit so you can have 5 shelves.

Here is a link to the units Im talking about
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40102129 and
5 of these https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103553.

Or you can get a double unit and 10 doors.

I would say you could easily fit 6 to 10 figures per shelf for a total of almost 30 to 50 figures per unit. Now this will cost you about $300 for the set up but I would suggest looking in AS-IS because mine has these all the time there.

Also if you can still find the Vegby doors you could also use those for a pretty neat and cheaper 12" display.

I like this idea. Thanks for the detailed post.
Annoyingly I had 4 besta cabinets here a few months ago and decided to use the detolfs instead. :slap:lol

Here's my collection as of now for those who may not have seen it. Another reason I like the idea of the bestas is because I could put the 3 busts I have left inside them as well.

DSC04452.jpg

Hm..
could do with a bigger place first. :lol

Back