My glass case and i got a question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonwalker1982

Super Freak
Reaction score
Awhile ago i got this glass case from Ikea, and as you can see i am displaying my MJ figures in it along with other things. However, the place where my glass case is standing, there's not much light and i want to show it off more. So basically i'd like to put a lamp on the top of the case, and i know its possible. I just need to know exactly which lamp i can use, cause i sure don't want to melt my Hot Toys MJ figure and the little figures.

PS, it's only looking so bright in the pictures because i opened up the curtains, so the pic wouldn't be too dark.

eujxif.jpg

qpo39c.jpg

I had this problem also, the ones which are made for the cabinet (hole in top above MJ) are bright, but get way too hot! I'm sure you can get led ones which don't get hot at all - maybe some led strip lights? Good luck anyway:)

I don't see where you're from but if you have a Lowe's close, check there.

They have a bunch of miniature lighting solutions for cabinets and such and that's where I bought the last 2 LED lights I used for my newest Detolf. They have an auto shut off of 30 minutes, they are really bright, easy to install, and battery operated as well.

Here are some pics. Pm me if you have any more questions....and good luck with whatever you decide!

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

I'm from holland :)

At my ikea , close to where they had the glass case standing, i saw some lights they had for sale, but i have no idea if these are too hot. Next time i go there, i'll explain what i need, if am not sure enough, i won't buy it, ain't gonna risk melting my figures. I've never heard about that store though, i don't think we have it here. However we do have a special store for collectables like Movie/music/game figures and things like that. I could ask the store clerk about it, maybe he knows.

The ones you got for Darth Vader and so on looks great, i would be satisfied with those....of course some store should have these here.

Last edited:
I use these in mine, LED so don't get hot

Oh wait wait, i got those too. Last year i bought it along with 4 small glass tubes, i saw it displayed in Ikea and it looked great,but eventually i never used them, it didn't fit for my living room. But i CAN use these lights for my glass display now. However, these have alot of cables, how did you hide those? The problem is, the glass display is not near a power outlet/socket, so i'm gonna be having cables all around my house if i want this to work :(

The cool thing about these lights though , it can display several colours of lighting.

Some artificial lights are bad over time causing discoloration. LED lights are good, anything giving off UV is bad.

Those Dioder's are LED, so that's fine then. They don't seem to get hot, Inked...you always got these lights on?

Yep, two in each of my cabinets. Have them on pretty much all day every day. Never get hot

Sorry for the late reply, anyway. I found the lights and i can either put one or two in there. I am talking about these, you too right? I want to be absolutely sure these are the correct ones.

103el1d.jpg

ou1wk3.jpg

Cool collection!

Which one? Mine, the movie figures or both? :)

Back