Hall of Fame GI Joes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StealthFox

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a huge fan of the Hall of Fame series Joes. Just curious to see if anyone has made any custom figures that are fashioned like them.

Which HoF series? Wasn't there one in the 90's and another one a few years back that was just the original run of the 25th Anniversary figures repackaged on foil cards? :huh

I had a few of them as a kid and they were pretty cool for what they were. Possibly the earliest resurgence of 1/6 figures in the 90s. I had Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and Grunt as well as a handful of the accessory sets like the Artic Mission. Regretfully I never got Stalker, Storm Shadow, Rock n Roll, or Flint (who was fashioned more after Falcon v3).

The bodies were fairly big in stature by todays standard and I'd imagine the the clothing at least would port over well to a True Type or Pro. body. While it shares no HoF parts my Cobra Commander custom is somewhat modeled after the same figure the HoF CC was which bears a resemblance to the cover of issue #23.

ccwarroom2.jpg

My Snow Job custom uses HoF parts though which was actually a throwback to my youth as I first saw the set on the back of another figure and thought it was a new 12" Snow Job figure, instead it was just a set.

SnowJob166.jpg

SnowJob161.jpg

Last edited:
great looking custom on both figs. love the snowjob outfit. my favorite set as a kid was the light infantry gear. but the picture on the card was a darker green than what actually came with it. i'm going to use it to make a Mutt figure as it looks similar to his uniform. i've decided to start using the 12" Starting lineup figures as they use a similar body, and the head sculpts look like the Hall of Fame heads.

Looking forward to seeing what you! I've seen some pretty solid kitbashes using mostly Hasbro items.

I had made a kitbash Rock N Roll V1 using old fuzzy beard from the HOF series. It used mostly Ultimate Soldier/21st Century Vietnam era gear plus a Cotswold Kevlar helmet (which was pretty much all there was at the time), so it doesn't hold up well to todays standards.

my brother received Ace for christmas one year, and thats what got me started playing with them.

Back