So do the 12" figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do mean you individual numbers like 300/1250? Sideshow 12" figures are not individually numbered like other companies. They only distinguishing markings are the gold sticker on the box and the mailer boxes say the're exclusive as well.

Doh! Roped in through my kindness to help others with their dumb questions. Glad to be here, I've been meaning to register and finally got bored enough at work to do it :D

EVILFACE said:
Yes they are. The reason for the long arms is to make enough room for the numbers.
I knew there had to be a reason for those monkey arms.

Mine's numbered. There's a black and gold sticker inside on the front flap above the "Order of the Jedi". It's different from the one on the front that says "Sideshow Exclusive". I have number 842.

galactiboy said:
Doh! Roped in through my kindness to help others with their dumb questions....

Don't be silly. There are no dumb questions. Only dumb people asking questions. :p ;) :D

Fritz said:
Don't be silly. There are no dumb questions. Only dumb people asking questions. :p ;) :D

My new favorite version - There is no such thing as a stupid question. There are an awful lot of inquisitive idiots though.

They are all numbered with an invisible ink variation. You need a black light to see the number [its on the bottom end flap] I have been fortunate enough to have all of my Sideshows be #50 or lower, including 13 #1's.
:monkey3

Michael Crawford said:
My new favorite version - There is no such thing as a stupid question. There are an awful lot of inquisitive idiots though.

LMAO, I hadn't heard that one before. :D

I couldve sworn back in the day that the boxes for 12"s were numbered with an imprinted number. But maybe it was just the exclusives.
When repacking my Patient Zero I noticed it has #523 on the bottom flap, but it was limited to only 300 ES. So who knows what that number identifies.

What difference does a low number make? They're all mass produced, aren't they? I think a low number means that that particular box was fortunate enough to get the first sticker. Big deal! I bet if you look at the first figure and the 100th figure, they're both the same! Hec, the 100th one may even look better. I don't get it!

Eric

Low numbers are one of the weirdest of many weird collector quirks. It simply makes no logical sense, and is purely driven by some odd emotional response. Number #623 is as rare as #1 - there is only ONE made with that number. And as you said, the product is mass produced so it's identical. And yet, there's some sort of emotional draw to #1 that is quite compelling for some collectors.

Of course that's not the only weird collector behavior. Another of my favorite's to pick on is people who will pay two, three or even more times the actual value of a figure just because someone slapped it in a case and 'certified it' 'near mint - 85'. If you're not familiar, this is called slabbing, and is another really illogical collector attitude.

But hey, I have a lucky pair of socks, so what am I going to say.

Back