August 19th EU Poll will be up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't that excited about EU characters, but they've got some cool images up in this article.
EU article

I'm sure it will be a list that we have to pick from. Since they've committed to make this character it has to be someone they know they can do justice to - hope there are a lot of choices though.

My Vote will be Revan or Malak, if they are choices that is.
Some of those pictures look cool, but I have no clue who they are, and know nothing about them. I guess my feelings for the EU figures will be to get them if they look kick ass. I really dont know any of them unless they were in the Knights of the Old Republic video games.

KOTOR IS AMAZING!!!!!

The first far better than the second (which was still one of the best games i've ever played!!!) and I agree... Revan or Malak would be GREAT choices...

It would be cool to have a Revan statue because... well I won't ruin the amazing story for those who haven't played it yet.. but it would be cool!

Of the EU, I really want Quilan Vos, but I think they will make a few of them....this is just for the FIRST one.

Mara Jade (Definitely will get the treatment)
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Quilan Vos

I think Ventress, Luuke (Clone) and the older Solo kids might get done as well.

This guy looks extremely cool, but terribly complicated.
And I love that dual lightsaber wielding bad girl from the cartoon. She'll get my vote.
081205sw_yuuzhan.jpg

Yeah, Asajj Ventress....She'll get done, people seem to like her...She doesn't do that much for me!

I'd rather see EXAR KUN!!! The original double bladed wielder! :rock

Yea! I can't wait! this is going to be so cool. I want Asajj Ventress too, she's a must have for me.
Also, I think the Black haired girl dancing before Jabba is Mara Jade in disguise when she was trying to assassinate Luke. I really hope Sideshow is just using this as an example and knows that's not what she should look like. I'd be pissed if they decided to make that version!

This is what she should look like:

www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=https://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/sideshowEU/jade.jpg&text=Mara%20Jade
I'd like that version more then any other!

I really hope for your sake Screamingmetal that you get what you want. The example you set in your link is a human, cartoonish but nontheless humanlike, and I have seen Sideshow fail when it comes to such a precisely finessed example of a human. I wouldn't set my sights on such a beautiful rendition if I were to go by past examples.
What I think Sideshow should do is get the right kind of sculptor for something such as this. We know Sideshow do an exemplarary rendition of a monster. When it comes to clean lines, it seems not only Sideshow, but other manufacturers loose the life of the model. Although I'm not particulary interested, I would like to see Sideshow make some kind of inroad to the beautiful model side of sculpt. It seems to have eluded them somewhat till now. Particularly when it comes to booted feet. Time to let that go. With the pressure on, they might be able to find someone who's talent leans toward these evasive attributes. I am asking a hell of a lot on your behalf, though it seems time to break the previous moulds and accept someone new to the field who has a leaning toward such attributes. I say lots of luck to you Sideshow. You have performed beyond the expectations of many, such as myself. If you can get to co-ordinate something such as this, I feel you will have conquered a new barrier. The Star Wars licence, although it holds no fascination for me, expects so much from you. It seems to me to be the life blood of the future of what I want from Sideshow.
Best of luck, in your new fated license. I really do hope it amplifies your position in the market place. You have, until now, been able to surpass the expectations, of the few, that know you to try so hard to deliver what the common collector want. I wish Sideshow well in its endeavours to bring to an ever depleting collective, its just rewards, which will consolidate a new tide in the marketplace.
Star Wars or bust. :rollin I never thought I would ever have said that, particularly in this section of the Sideshow Freaks forum, but recent rumours seem to have compresssed my hopes.

Long live Sideshow, the hopes of the many.

?

Who the hell are these characters? And who cares? Snooooze....

I can't think or a worse way to kick of the biggest license SS ever got.

How about kicking this whole thing off with "pick a Sith Lord" (Vader,Maul, Dokuu, Emperor) or "pick a Jedi" or droid or cantina person or something that will actually be WORTH BUYING.

Have fun with your FAKE "Star Wars" figure. I choose Luke's third cousin's friend's sister. :dunno

Re: ?

Wonderboy...probably because those figures (maul..vader...luke..obi wan) are so damn inevitable! A choice of an EU character makes a change.

Besides, what makes you think they aren't going to start off the line with one of the regulars?

:dunno

Oh just stop with the 'fake' Star Wars stuff....give me a break will you?
All of the EU stuff is licensed by Lucasfilm and some of it was directly used in the new films....such as 'Coruscant'. That was invented, NOT by Uncle George, but by Timothy Zhan and the best selling Heir to the Empire series of novels.

And Quilan Vos was supposed to be in Revenge of the Sith, but didn't quite make it on film, however, Yoda does mention him in the film when they are getting reports from the field from different Jedi....and Aayla Secura is standing there projected as a holo image from the planet she is on...and SHE is Quilan's Padawan!

There is plenty of room from all the main cast of characters and the others as well....Look at Hasbro...they've made a killing off of selling multiples of all the leads and they still find room to produce EU characters.

There is enough time and room to make LOTS of 12"ers!
Bring 'em on!

This line will be broader than SSC has ever done in 1/6 before. So all the important and semi-important characters will get made but probably only a handful of EU. So I wouldn't begrudge the EU fans of their 1 out of 20.

Ok, but WHY would you LAUNCH the whole line with a poll for characters not many have heard of or care about?

Don't get me started on the names. Quill-Mas-Lame-o or whatever these people are named. Those new Star Wars character names are the most uninspired, hard-to-pronounce, and unmemorable in the history of cinema.

Hmmm. Chewie and Yoda or Zakula-Jussiff and Walaboo-Xycolup? LAME!!!

The prequel movies stink too!

Why? Because all the main characters are a given! They obviously will already make those! (And in multiple variations of costumes, I predict!) They are asking what esoteric character would the legion of Star Wars like to see.

There are a LOT of people who do like the EU stuff.
...You don't get on the New York Times Best Seller list because a small niche group of people read your book(s)

The Entire Heir to the Empire Trilogy was on there!

Some of the biggest selling video games ever are Star Wars EU related!

Hasbro has done very well by some of the EU stuff. So, there clearly is interest, there is clearly a market for it and they will do fine for SS as well. In fact if the ES is small 500-750...there is not a question at all about them selling out! And all the people who are into the EU charcters will order all that they make!

Since you obviously don't like them, why bother talking about them? They are NOT going to cut into the pool of film characters....SS just got this license...They are going to milk it for all its worth...and that is quite a bit!

They aren't launching the line with the EU character. The first character will be a main character, but the EU one might be in the first 5.

I think they should LAUNCH their SW hype by revealing the first figure, say an ultimate Luke that just blows you away, and then have their secondary line easing in with the announcement of EU characters.

A lot more people would be excited that way.

If they want to waste time making a fifth tier character like Gobuli-Sou-Vaschek instead of a secondary character like a Death Star Wedge Antilles or Grand Moff Tarkin, then they can go ahead and waste their time. Whatever.

At least if they make the Cantina Creatures we can then have a place for the SS Willow to feel at home with her own kind.:puke

Back