NO BUFFY EXCLUSIVE?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
I'm shocked!!! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Why the break with tradition!?!?! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Just when I became a fan too!!!!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I hope the lack of BTVS exclusive will only hasten the arrival of GILES!!!!

I personally can live without exclusives, I have too much stress as it is!:monkey2

I'm not surprised. 1/6 Buffy seems to be on the back burner, and the Angel line isn't exactly blazing along. I'm dying to see the next Angel figure, but I have a feeling it's gonna be a while.

Maybe because we just had the Premium Format Buffy announced not to long ago? Anyway, I'm somewhat relieved. I hate the stress of trying to be one of the lucky ones who can get one from Sideshow directly. Maybe they will be announcing a Giles soon and were afraid any exclusive for the con would be met with "But... where's Giles?! I want Giles!!!" And I'm perfectly fine with that because I really, really do want Giles next!!

Put me in the "bring on Giles" camp as well. Make him a sideshow exclusive if you must, but I am glad he is not going to be an SDCC exclusive.

:horror I cant differentiate between SSS exclusives or CC exlusives. Please just make Giles a regular figure so we can all have one.

Yes, come on Sideshow, let us have a Giles for heavens sake.

Where would the Scoobies be without their dashing Watcher!

Hoping to see a Giles by the time SDCC rolls around.

I don't mind there being a lack of a Buffy exclusive for the Con. Most of the time I'm not into the exclusives anyway.

I just think that SDCC offers a unique opportunity to create some figures won't necessarily see the light of day if they are not offered this type of high profile exclusive. Will we ever get a Vampire Xander to go with the Vampire Willow as a regular release or even as a site exclusive? Or an Evil Willow? Pylean Angel? Origins Spike? Origins Darla? Origins Drusilla?

I think not. :eek:

Well, MAYBE Origins Spike. :rolleyes:

Protozaius said:
I just think that SDCC offers a unique opportunity to create some figures won't necessarily see the light of day if they are not offered this type of high profile exclusive. Will we ever get a Vampire Xander to go with the Vampire Willow as a regular release or even as a site exclusive? Or an Evil Willow? Pylean Angel? Origins Spike? Origins Darla? Origins Drusilla?

I think not. :eek:

Well, MAYBE Origins Spike. :rolleyes:

Oh, I do hope we still get all those figures! I still think Origins Angel would have sold much better if they had made an Origins Spike or Darla to go with him. I like to pair or group my figures together with ones that are similar and I bet others do to. Both vamp versions of Dru and Darla sold out quickly so maybe that's a good sign they'll do human Origin versions of them and Spike. And I really would love to have a Vamp Xander to go with Vamp Buffy and Vamp Willow. I'd want another human version of Willow before Evil Willow but I'd still want Evil Willow eventually.

I'm kind of surprised byt this, but then, I'm also not surprised...if that makes sense. The Buffy line has definitely slowed down, and I don't think the Angel line is going to get the attention from SSC that Buffy did.

Though I expect a second Angel figure by SDCC, I hope they at least give me my Giles by the end of the year, or else I'll be extremely disappointed, but I'm not holding my breath for much of anything when it comes to the Buffy line. Pessimistic? Maybe. Realistic? Probably.

I'm really sad because of no Buffy or even Angel exclusive at this year SCC:monkey2
But I'm not surprised,Buffy line is not selling too good.Comparing to SW for example.
I still have faith they will do other figures from BTVS this year.

Josette said:
I don't think the Angel line is going to get the attention from SSC that Buffy did.
Neither do I, and though I hate to say it that's probably a wise move. While I think the main cast members will sell well, I don't see many people shelling out $50 for Lindsey, Lilah, Holtz, Jasmine etc., and I think DerKindestod and D'Hoffryn have proved that interest in background demon characters is very low.

It's sad that I started to collect the Buffy line right when it's winding down. :monkey2

I'm hoping that there will be prototypes of upcoming Buffy and Angel figures on display at SDCC. :monkey5

TheObsoleteMan said:
Neither do I, and though I hate to say it that's probably a wise move. While I think the main cast members will sell well, I don't see many people shelling out $50 for Lindsey, Lilah, Holtz, Jasmine etc., and I think DerKindestod and D'Hoffryn have proved that interest in background demon characters is very low.

Honestly, I think some are frustrated because core Scooby members are still missing. I still haven't bought a couple figures I'd planned on buying because I'm afraid I won't get a Giles, and if I don't get a Giles, I'll stick with my Buffy and Angel and Drusilla and the like.

But I'll agree with you on the Angel characters. The only one I might buy out of the ones you listed above is Lindsey, and that's if I have free money at the time. There really weren't as many memorable characters on Angel, it seems....

I DO want Giles, but have to say I fall into the camp that is relieved there is no SDCC exclusive. Too much stress already, and the frustration that comes with being unable to get my order in before the tiny 10% non-attendee allotment is sold out is almost painful! :rolleyes:

So bring on Giles! Regular Giles, Sideshow Exclusive (non-con version) Giles, pre-sale Giles, high ES/low ES Giles, chainsaw-wielding Giles, Giles in a sombrero, tweed jacket, wizard cap and robe, with glasses, or no glasses: I DON'T CARE! Just bring him on already! :lol

They will probably announce Gile's soon. But to make everyone happy it will be the Fryl(sp?) Demon version. :rotfl

Back