Comedian Greg Giraldo dead at 44 from accidental overdose

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Greg Giraldo's prescription medication did taxes, it would list him as a dependent....

:lol:lol:lol

I remember at one Comedy Central Roast, Greg was talking about Lisa Lampanelli (who was wearing a camouflage dress) and he was like:

"Who knew Lane Bryant had an Army!?"

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

I have no idea who this guy is. I even watched 3/4 of a season of Last Comic Standing with him as a judge and I still don't know who he is.

Sucks though.

I just heard of his passing, too bad. Wasn't he supposed to be giving some speech or something to recovering drug/alcohol addicts when he OD'd?

Sad to hear... accidentaly overdoses are always sketching. Does that mean that he was prescribed a "normal amount" and just took it twice and died. Or, more likely, was overprescribed and pushed it too far.

Either way, very sad and he was a funny mother____er.

Sad to hear... accidentaly overdoses are always sketching. Does that mean that he was prescribed a "normal amount" and just took it twice and died. Or, more likely, was overprescribed and pushed it too far.

Either way, very sad and he was a funny mother____er.

My money is on him drugging it up. I don't think this is a case of a bad prescription or mixing prescriptions, I think he was using drugs (prescription or whatever) to get high.

He looked pretty coked up during the Hasselhoff Roast, all sweaty, talking very fast, etc.

Still sad, as he was talented, and left behind three kids.

I don't understand "accidental" overdosing, unless the doctor prescribed a dosage that was too high, unbeknownst to the patient. I don't know, obviously, but I feel like this wasn't accidental. And by "accidental" I don't mean he purposefully tried to kill himself, but that he was purposefully taking too much.

Accidental Overdose is just the term used for someone who uses too much of a drug/drugs with the intention of getting high and without the intention of killing themselves (even if they know it COULD happen).

Say a doctor prescribes you a single prescription of Vicodin, 20 tablets total. The script says take 1 to 2 tablets every 4 hours, maximum 3 times a day. Well some addicts might pop off 2 tablets every 2 hours to maintain a high. And if they die.. it's considered "Accidental" because it's not like they were intentionally trying to kill themselves. They were just trying to get high.

Yep, that's pretty much how it usually goes.

Also, there is always the possibility of taking more than you were supposed to by accident (forgetting you took it and taking it again) but usually the dosages are safe even at 2-3x the prescribed amount do death is rare.

People who are on a lot of medication can sometimes mess up thinking they didn't take something when they already did. It can easily happen. I think in this case he was either abusing prescription drugs or ODed and people are trying to cover his tracks. I'm sure it will all come out soon.

Gilbert Godfrey upon hearing of Giraldo's death was quoted as saying:

"If Giraldo is cremated, does that count as the Greg Giraldo roast?"

Then, upon criticism for the comment was quoted as saying:

"I'm pretty sure Greg isn't going to be doing to much complaining. I think Im safe." (or something along those lines).

Back