Sideshow, the forearm length really needs to be addressed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Overall, I am very pleased with the figure. But this is one issue that seems unnecessary to begin with, and is an easy fix. The forearms just need to be re-cast to be the same length as the upper arms. I can live with the oversized head and hands. But the abnormally long forearms really are something that doesn't need to exist. Even people who come over and see the figure (who know nothing about SW or 1/6 figures) always mention to me that the arms look too long. Of course this frustrates me because I want them to appreciate the beauty of the figure and not an anatomical flaw.

Sideshow, please consider updating the body for future figures so they have normal length forearms and allow us to purchase the body separately to update our Lukes. Thank you for understanding that this is not a nitpick, but a genuine concern.

luke3.jpg

abake said:
Oh come on!
It is a valid, constructive criticism.

That has been mentioned in every . . . single . . . Luke . . . . thread.

And he only looks like that with his arms down at his sides. Bend the elbows and pose him.

If he is just being left in a box for delusions of monetary value, then what does it matter?

That has been mentioned in every . . . single . . . Luke . . . . thread.

That doesn't make it any less valid, and having this thread makes it easier for any Sideshow reps who feel like it, to comment on the issue.

And he only looks like that with his arms down at his sides. Bend the elbows and pose him.

Personally, I find that type of argumentation faulty. It's the same as saying, oh the headsculpt's not too good, but if you light it differently, put the hood on it, whatever, it looks soooo much better. What's the point? It should look good, period. (not saying the HS looks bad, just using an example)

If he is just being left in a box for delusions of monetary value, then what does it matter?

What are you talking about? The figure is being clearly displayed out of its box...

It's a legitimate concern and SSC is aware of it. It's okay to bring it up again, but posing the arms does pretty much eliminate how noticable it is.

It's funny, but I have Buffy's Oz posed with just a t-shirt and playing a guitar and the length of the arms on the short body never were noticable to me.

Customikey said:
Yeah, but look at the fruity table cover. :monkey1

LOL!

Thanks for the answer Dave. I think it's a mix of different things that make Luke's arms look too long, including the size of the left hand, the size of the head, the boots which also look a bit large. I think all of that makes him look a bit oddly proportioned, but most 1/6 figures are like that anyway. Strike that... most humans are like that!

:rotfl

Darth Rage said:
Maybe Josh could send him a fresh doily to go with it.

I love Josh and his damned doilies! I imagine this little Granny house with dried flowers, tiny picture frames, polished wood, and Sideshow figures all over the place with a dainty little doily under each one.:rotfl

THis has been mentioned an awful lot, but I agree that it should be addressed and fixed by SSC.

My two cents worth............ok, I have nothing to add, everything looks good to me........................

I agree, it's a legitimate issue that SSC may be in the process of addressing. THe forearms on the short body at the Guide to SSC 12" look more accurate in length.

I'm still waiting on my Luke, but the long forearm thing isn't anything that can't be solved with a hacksaw and a couple drops of super glue.

Yes, yes, yes.
The arms are too long.
You can hacksaw and glue.
You can head swap onto another body.
But.....
You shouldn't have to!!!!!
You bought the figure from a professional figure making company and it should be dead on after all the hoopola surrounding the license having been garnered by them.
It's been said that Sideshow is aware of the problem, as I'm sure they are, but....will they be sending a replacement body of correct proportions to everyone that purchased a Luke?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

Back