• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Everyone read!! New feedback rule!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
NEW FEEDBACK RULE -

AS OF NOW WE WILL BE CHANGING THE WAY WE DO FEEDBACK. RATHER THAN POINTS PER ITEM YOU WILL BE LEAVING FEEDBACK PER TRANSACTION. SO IF YOU BOUGHT 3 FIGURES FROM ONE PERSON THAT WOULD COUNT AS 1 POINT AS IT WAS ONE TRANSACTION.

This applies to statues, figures, replicas, customs, loose items, DVDs, games, and anything bought/sold/traded on this board.

Feedback scores have become misleading - someone could buy several things in one transaction and get multiple points. Then when you are checking their feedback - you think they have a good record here not knowing that perhaps they have only had one transaction on this board.

If you have any questions - post them in this thread and I will try to answer them.

When I update the feedback thread this weekend, I will be only giving people one point per transaction - even if you have given them points per item in your post.

:peace

This should definitely simplify things. But if I get booted from the pantheon of the worthy because of it I'll come looking for you, Jen. :D

This should definitely simplify things. But if I get booted from the pantheon of the worthy because of it I'll come looking for you, Jen. :D

:lol :lol

This new rule will not change anyone's current feedback totals. It only applies to new feedback.

Just a thought, but it would be cool if there was some way to denote trades seperately from sales. I'm a lot more interested in someone's rep when it comes to trades (where it is harder to protect yourself).

Is it also possible to require a member to post what items they sold/bought from/traded to the other member? And a link to the 'For Sale/For Trade' thread where the transaction was derived from?

I notice that some members give more feedback scores only because they really love the item they got, but if you read the description carefully and check the 'FS/FT Thread' of the seller, only one (1) item changed hands (although most of the item very expensive), and it is just one transaction! :gah:

*Example of an 'unfair' feedback: Giving a +5 to <whoever> for the awesome Dr. Doom PF!!!! I love it!!!

Darn, I was only four away from the Pantheon of the Worthy too. And I just sold the three Reservoir Dogs to one boardie!

I'm getting shafted! :rotfl

Huh, I assumed this was the rule already in place. I guess I could've given another member 20+ feedback or so for a Kubrick trade a few weeks ago. Sorry Rock!

Good rule, and about time.

I never understood how someone parting out a figure could get 20+ feedbacks for selling nickel and dime items while a person who sold a $1000 statue gets "1" feedback.

I've asked people numerous times to be more descriptive with their feedback - saying what the feedback was for, etc.... but only a handful seem to do it. I'm not sure what else to do and I don't have time to PM everyone if they don't leave descriptive feedbacks and it's not fair to not give someone their feedback because the other person only posted something like +1.

As far as separating sales from trades - it's not possible at this time. We have A LOT of transactions that take place on this board. On average I'm updating around 120 different people with feedback points totaling an average of around 400 on a weekly basis. Now the feedback points will go down since we have implemented this new rule - but the number of people will remain the same.

I have tried to check when people are leaving feedback of a high number to make sure it is justified and if it was not, then I would only update with the appropriate amount. But with so many transactions, I am sure many fell through the cracks. What was really bothering me about our old way of doing things were people ordering lots of decals or things like stands and getting numerous points for them.

I think with the system we have now, which is far from perfect, a strict across the board one point per transaction is the fairest and easiest way for people to leave feedback and for members to get a better idea of how many transactions a person has had on this board.

In many people's feedback they will sometimes list if it was for a sale or trade. If you want to fully check someone out - you can always do a search in the thread with that person's board name and you can see what feedback they received and read the posts.

Makes sense... too bad people aren't descriptive when leaving feedback. I always find it helpful when I can see what types of items are being sold and bought by members.

There's a big difference between delivering on $20 worth of stuff and a deal worth hundreds.

good move!

i also think people should be more descriptive.

usually if something stands out as good, i'll say so. like "was quick to ship" or "packed the item well" but only if it truly was. I'm not going to say that if the seller didn't do that.

Good rule, and about time.

I never understood how someone parting out a figure could get 20+ feedbacks for selling nickel and dime items while a person who sold a $1000 statue gets "1" feedback.

:exactly:

This change is definitely an improvement but still feel that if the feedback is detailed and accurate, a deal involving multiple high priced items should deserve multiple feedback points. For example, a deal involving 4 PF's costing over $400 each should still receive +4 as long as the two participants outline what was bought and sold.

:exactly:

This change is definitely an improvement but still feel that if the feedback is detailed and accurate, a deal involving multiple high priced items should deserve multiple feedback points. For example, a deal involving 4 PF's costing over $400 each should still receive +4 as long as the two participants outline what was bought and sold.

Yes but then someone could argue that a custom work where an artist spent numerous hours painting/customizing a figure or head deserves a +1 per piece because of the time put into making it. And then the guidelines start to get muddy again.

So for now no matter what you are buying it's 1 point per transaction.

And it would be BENEFICIAL TO EVERYONE - if people were more descriptive in their feedback - but something like that is difficult to enforce with the way we do feedback.

I must have completely overlooked something because I thought it was more of a nuisance to mods to have a description rather than just a +1 for feedback. I'll be more specific from now on.

Yes but then someone could argue that a custom work where an artist spent numerous hours painting/customizing a figure or head deserves a +1 per piece because of the time put into making it. And then the guidelines start to get muddy again.

So for now no matter what you are buying it's 1 point per transaction.

And it would be BENEFICIAL TO EVERYONE - if people were more descriptive in their feedback - but something like that is difficult to enforce with the way we do feedback.

I have a simple solution. Everyone provide a dollar amount to the transaction. Jen will keep track of everyones personal $ amounts and tally feedback accordingly after running a credit check.

:rolleyes: :lol

I bet updating feedback is an arduous and tedious task.

What happened with the automated system? Because I thought that was one feedback per transaction.

I have a simple solution. Everyone provide a dollar amount to the transaction. Jen will keep track of everyones personal $ amounts and tally feedback accordingly after running a credit check.

:rolleyes: :lol

I bet updating feedback is an arduous and tedious task.

What happened with the automated system? Because I thought that was one feedback per transaction.

ITrader was one feedback per transaction, if I remember correctly. It seems so long ago. :lol

I believe when Dave did a V-Bullitin update or something like that, iTrader stopped working. There have so far been no software upgrades for iTrader to fix the problem. Sometimes it will work - but most of the time it does not.

Last edited:
Back