Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroJow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since this is now officially a series, I thought a dedicated thread might be in order (or someone can merge this with the Stormtrooper thread and change the title - whatever.)

Anyway, Chewbacca and the 2 versions of Han Solo are now available for pre-order with an estimated availability date of February, 2011.

Small-Head Han Solo:
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/629

Big-Head Han Solo:
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/628

Chewbacca:
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/627

Han Solo (Large Head): $67
Han Solo (Small Head): $75
Chewy: $72

Edition of 2500
Only 500 Small Head Han Solo (one per case)

Price on the Large Head already getting slashed. I love these things, but think the variations might ultimately doom this line if they continue to push them.

Last edited:
Price on the Large Head already getting slashed. I love the line, but think the variations might ultimately doom this line if they continue to push them.

Actually, the large head Han and Chewbacca are regular editions, so Gentle Giant lists them 10% off the MSRP for preorders. I'm not into this line at all, but I think the variations are a good thing. If they are part of the regular edition size, then there shouldn't be a bunch leftover. And if the variants are true to the original Kenner figures then it makes sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but I cannot even fathom an edition size of 2,000 large heads coming anywhere near selling out. I think, in this particular case, even offering the large head was a mistake. Just my opinion. Chewbacca and small head Han ordered.

Last edited:
I hope I'm wrong, but I cannot even fathom an edition size of 2,000 large heads coming anywhere near selling out. I think, in this particular case, even offering the large head was a mistake. Just my opinion. Chewbacca and small head Han ordered.

Ditto here. I'll pass on big head Han. Small one looks better anyway, and with the ES of 500 (vs 2000) it was an easy call.

Wow that is one fugly sculpt. :lol

han_big_head_ad.jpg

Wow that is one fugly sculpt. :lol

han_big_head_ad.jpg

I hated that figure when he was 3 3/4". Blown up to 12" it's like a full on Butch lesbian dressed as Han solo for Halloween. :monkey1 I had the small head Han and some ****** at school tore his head off. His mom tried to pawn off retard Han as a replacement and I wouldn't have it (wound up getting $$$ and held out until ESB's Hoth Han was released since I couldn't have another small noggin Han. I really don't see how GG expects this to be popular since most of us who are old enough to remember the original small head Han will prefer that one.

Last edited:
Oreder both. Joined the club just to get the small head Han. Have to agree, don't know why anyone would want the large head.

Now, if I could Only get a Boba for less than an arm and leg. :-(

Back