Just what am I getting myself in to...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pencilfightchamp

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the sideshow collecting business and stumbled upon this fine site in my research for more info on these fine collectibles. Over the years I've purchased the occasional movie figure from the McFarlane line, but had never really looked beyond that.

For background, I'm new to toy/statue collecting but not new to the world of collecting. I started out collecting sports cards. From there I progressed to movies and over the last year or so have moved on to collecting movie posters, screen printed posters, and other artwork. With the purchase of a house I figured all of the artwork I had acquired would serve as perfect decor for my new house, but something was missing. I thought, "hey, a statue would look nice on those speaker stands." So, I started looking online for movie collectibles and very quickly my mind was blown.

Since I've already proven myself to be a bit long winded, I'll go ahead and wrap this up...in short, I found this place marveled at the collections, and now worry that my bank account and gf aren't going to be very happy with me. Well anyhow, I'm glad to be here and plan to learn as much as I can from the fine folks of this community.

Oh and I finally decided to join after I made the plunge and ordered my first statue, the God of War Kratos statue from Sideshow. And I have my eye on the Gandalf premium format for my next purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I suppose I wasn't too terribly attached to my money as it was, so it works out. :D

Back