True Lies the TV show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Cameron Producing True Lies TV Series
Harry and Helen Tasker to bring their dysfunctional spy-marriage to the small screen.
September 13, 2010

by Matt Fowler
"Do it doucement. Do it very slowly." That's right, Boris and Doris fans. According to Deadline.com, a True Lies TV series is in the work with mega-movie director, and Lies helmer, James Cameron producing.

The series is about to be shopped around the networks with Rene Echevarria (The 4400) as the writer/showrunner. Should this series, about a husband and wife spy-team, get picked up it will mark Cameron's official return to TV after producing the Jessica Alba series, Dark Angel. We also don't know, at this point, if the series will reboot the Harry Tasker (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie) story, or continue on from where the movie left off.

True Lies is probably my favorite Arnie film. This will be a fail without Arnie of JLC both of whom I have no doubt will not be in it. Jmo of course.

Arnold, Jamie, and Cameron's over the top budget and stunts are what made True Lies "True Lies." Obviously none of that will translate to a television series.

it'll definately work for TV.

if 1000 tv shows based on crime fighting psychics can work, then so can one with secret crime fighting married guy.

Spy-marriage on the small screen? Yeah it's called "Undercovers" and it premieres Wednesday, September 22 on NBC. :lol

Years into their retirement, a husband and wife team are re-activated as CIA agents.

undercovers.jpg

No Arnold, No Tom, No Dice. True Lies is my favorite Arnie movie and this show will be an abomination to it.

No Arnold, No Tom, No Dice. True Lies is my favorite Arnie movie and this show will be an abomination to it.

I know right. Instead of giving us an actual sequel, they try this?? Fail. I don't see this show getting the light of day on a channel. It'll probably end up like that Aquaman show that only shoots a pilot episode only to have it aired once....on a Wednesday night at 11 pm

Back