Your favourite Episodes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDboystoys

Super Freak
Reaction score
Our man Whedon has created some of the best television and Well its been long time, and its obvious there are alot of fans on the boards so I was wondering what your favourite episodes are from Firefly, Angel and Buffy!
Dont be shy to post YOUR faves!

Buffy:
1.Becoming (Part 1 & 2)
2.Passion
3.The Body
4.Innocence
5.Once More with Feeling
6.Restless
7.Hush
8.Graduation Day (Parts 1 & 2)
9.The Gift
10.The Wish

Angel:
1.You’re Welcome
2.A Hole in the World
3.Shells
4.Lullaby
5.Sleep Tight
6.Five by Five
7.I Will Remember You
8.Darla
9.Not Fade Away
10.Reunion

Firefly:
1.Objects in Space
2.Out of Gas
3.The Message
4.Jaynestown
5.Ariel

I'll also make another thread on your fave moments!

Angel:

-In The Dark
-I Will Remeber You
-Hero
-Five by Five
-Sanctuary
-Apocalypse, Nowish
-A Hole in the World
-Shells
-You're Welcome
-The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco
-Smile Time
-Why We Fight
-Not Fade Away

For Buffy, I'll just say all of season 3. I can't think of a single bad or even mediocre episode from that season except maybe Gingerbread.

wow, youve got great eps there!

I noticed you have The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco and Why we Fight up there! Just wondering what was it you really liked about them?
Both struck me at very diffrerent at the time of viewing, Im definately not knocking you list as I'd never do that, but Im just wondering what separates them from alot of others.

I have never seen a single episode of Buffy or Angel, but I watched all of the Firefly episodes last summer in preparation for Serenity, and enjoyed them all very much. I remember liking the one about the bounty hunter, the one where Mal and Wash were tortured, the one where Jayne tried to betray River and Simon to the Men in Black, and the one where Mal's "ex-wife" strands him naked in the desert. Having watched them only once, and many months ago, I am surprised that I can remember so many of the episodes, as well as all of the characters by name. I really regret that the show was cancelled. The half season that we are left with shows more promise than many, many other shows in recent memory. Now I feel like watching some of those episodes again...

BDboystoys said:
wow, youve got great eps there!

I noticed you have The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco and Why we Fight up there! Just wondering what was it you really liked about them?
Both struck me at very diffrerent at the time of viewing, Im definately not knocking you list as I'd never do that, but Im just wondering what separates them from alot of others.

I just really liked the story in Numero Cinco, and it produced the single greatest line of dialogue in the entire series, "The Devil has built a robot!" Plus it's got luchadores, and luchadores make anything cool.

Why We Fight is just a great Angel/Spike epsiode. I also dug that kooky Prince of Lies, I'd love to get a figure of him in the Angel line.

Buffy
1.gift
2.prophecy girl
3.omwf
4.chosen
5.welcome to hellmouth/harvest
6.graduation day part 1 and 2
7.becoming both
8.bargaining
9.selfless
10.end of days

(my order changes somtimes but pg and gift are always at top of my list)
(fav season=1 because pg and i love the feel of the first one and the master and season 5 because glory)

angel
your welcome
I Will Remeber You
Sanctuary
five by five
smile time
Apocalypse, Nowish
not fade away
Darla
A Hole in the World
Shells
(fav season=2 because of darla)

Dont watch firefly as i thought the movie serenty was one of the worst films ever!
matty

ok so im not a total Buffy fan because i cant remember the name of most episodes and i have yet to watch any of the angel episodes. however, once the semester ends i will have a 2 week marathon because i bought all the Angel DVD sets at a Sam Goody closing sale. :horror how could i turn down $27 for each season??
i do love the firefly series and cant say i have a favorite because i love them all. but if i had to pick it would be a tie between the Shindig and War Stories.

buffy-collector said:
Dont watch firefly as i thought the movie serenty was one of the worst films ever!
matty

:google I find that REALLY REALLY surprising! I thought a fan of Joss Whedons shows would love it and get it! Have you seen Firefly? If not your REALLY missing out!
:google

Buffy - most of mine are from seasons 2 and 3

* Becoming parts 1 and 2 (the best, IMHO)
* Passion
* Surprise
* Innocence
* Angel
* School Hard
* Lover's Walk
* Enemies
* Bad Girls
* Graduation Day parts 1 and 2
* Beauty and the Beasts
* Amends
* The Body

Angel - Not as much of a fan, so I'll only name the 6 that jumped out at me....I don't even know all of the episode names.

* City of
* I Will Remember You
* Five by Five
* Sanctuary
* You're Welcome
* Hero

Buffy:

School hard
Becoming part 2
The Wish
Dopplegangland
Lover's walk
Hush
New Moon Rising
The Yoko Factor
The Real Me
Family
The Body
The Gift
Once More With Feeling
Tabula Rasa
Wrecked
Seeing Red
Grave
Storyteller

And many many more, but these came to mind.
I don't watch Angel, so i can't say anything about that.

I did watch Firefly, but i don't know the eps by name, i like the one where Kaylee wears that big pink dress and the one with Mal's 'wife', + everything River

Buffy:-

Hush
Welcome to Sunnydale
Doppelgangerland
Band Candy
Fear Itself
Fool for Love

Angel:-

City Of
Darla
(The one with Wes & Angel at the Party)
The entire Season 5!

I confined my list to one episode per season:

Buffy

S1: Nightmares
S2: Innocence
S3: Dopplegangland
S4: Restless
S5: Fool For Love
S6: Tabula Rasa
S7: Selfless

Angel

S1: Five By Five
S2: Darla
S3: Offspring
S4: Forgiving
S5: Not Fade Away

Firefly

I saw just two or three episodes when the series first aired, so no pick.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

There's far too many to name, let alone remember episode titles. I'll just throw some out here real quick:

Once More With Feeling, Fool For Love, Becoming

I love Spike's whole character arc between the two shows. His story is a close second to Wesley's for the 'character development' award.

Angel... what can I say about Angel that isn't good? I love the series, more than Buffy (Waits to hear collective gasp) because it always had a much darker tone. Buffy grows up and retires; there's a happy ending. Angel just keeps on fighting.

City Of, Apocalypse Nowish, Destiny (Best. Grudge Match. Ever.)

Firefly is great; watching that and Serenity makes me wish for more adventures with Mal and crew, especially Jayne ("why's there a statue of you here, and why's he looking at me like I owe him somethin'?").

But seriously, I've gotten people to watch Angel who've scoffed at Buffy. I think it's just more appealing and less angst-ridden, and most of them love it... a few of them even caved on the whole Buffy thing and now love all of it!

swiftlikessharpthings said:
But seriously, I've gotten people to watch Angel who've scoffed at Buffy. I think it's just more appealing and less angst-ridden, and most of them love it... a few of them even caved on the whole Buffy thing and now love all of it!

Wish I could do that with some of my friends

I am not sure that my best of list would differ greatly from what has been posted, but one episode of Buffy towards the end that still gets me all choked up(cause I am a sappy, sappy guy) is SPOILER

When Dawn thinks she is a potential, and comes the the realization that she is normal. Xander has a great speech towards the end that sums up his role in the series, but is also pretty much the sweetest thing you could ever say to someone:

Xander: They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary. :monkey2

Seaward, I loved that moment too in Potential. There are a so many great episodes, Frankenfan's list for Buffy comes close to mine for a season to season breakdown, although "Once More With Feeling" is my favorite TV episode, movie, musical, ipod selection, poster, and everything else.

As for Firefly - Objects in Space is near perfect, ironically it was the last episode aired (before the pilot) and was the one that actually made me think "gee, this show has potential!".

For Angel - I don't know the names that well, but I do know that "The Girl in Question" from S.5 is one of my favorites as is "Spin the Bottle." In season 3 and 4 though it became too serialized to really break them down by episode.

I have not seen enough to designate a list of favorites but:

Favorite BTVS:

Halloween one, where customes make them change into the characters

Favorite Angel

Smile Time ( I loved it)

Just worked my way through seasons 5 & 6 of Buffy and started on 7 this week. Not so good with the names for many, but

Love the early season 7 ep with all the girls falling for the guy in the letter jacket. The scene where you see Buffy with the "bazooka" outside the principal's office window is hilarious. and Willow's willingness to "work around" the problem is great! :lol

Once More with Feeling is one of my favorite TV episodes of all time.

Becoming is another fave

I liked the Angel with the Smile Time puppet show. Pretty much skipped a couple of seasons when his damn kid showed up/law firm story and Wesley appeared. got back into it for the final season mostly because of Spike.

Firefly, Big Joss fan, but just didn't enjoy it. Gave it more than just a shot or two but it just bored me so I gave up. Too many characters I didn't care about. And the whole idea just seemed too much like "what if Han Solo had a crew?" without a focus.

I'm going to list by season as well with special mentions in brackets. Although some are too close to call and I'm sure I'm missing some...

BUFFY

S1 - Nightmares (Prophecy Girl)
S2 - Becoming (School Hard)
S3 - Bad Girls (Faith Hope & Trick, Doppelgangland, Graduation Day)
S4 - Hush (This Year's Girl)
S5 - Fool for Love (Buffy vs Dracula)
S6 - Once More with Feeling (Villains, Two to Go, Grave)
S7 - Dirty Girls (End of Days, Chosen)

ANGEL

S1 - Five by Five (City of, I will remember you, Sanctuary)
S2 - Darla (There's no place like Plrtz Glrb, Epiphany)
S3 - Lullaby (Forgiving)
S4 - Salvage (Orpheus)
S5 - Not Fade Away (Time Bomb)

Hey FFL1940, we must be on the same wavelength! First off, I've seen all the episodes of both Buffy and Angel (about a bazillion times) and really, there were very few I didn't much care for, BUT, like you I cringed whenever that snotty brat Conner showed up, and a few other Angel episodes. Especially that whole Cordelia- is-pregnant- by- Conner story arc.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GAAAAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have as many "bones to pick" (pun) with Buffy as I did with Angel.

(Although Dawn's high pitched shrieks could have ripped the eardums off an elephant!)

I really tried with Firefly, but like you, I found it extremely boring and lacking the cast chemistry of the other two shows. (Also, I just never could get a handle on SPACE COWBOYS!) Love your reference to Han Solo's crew!

Back