PDA

View Full Version : All Things ANIME

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

hairlesswookiee
03-31-2006, 06:46 PM
i have yet to see an anime section or thread. so i want to know who else watches anime and what you are watching!!! which is your all time favorite show , and what was the first anime you saw.

Darklord Dave
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
If Akira or Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away count, then I'm sort of a tolerant (can't say I'm a fan). But for me Adult Swim is all about Venture Brothers and nothing else.

lcummins
03-31-2006, 09:58 PM
I have really gotten into the anime Adult Swim shows. I am a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist, NGE, Cowboy Bepop, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell SAC, etc. I have always liked anime, but just never had a chance to watch much until Adult Swim...

I can't wait for the two NGE figures to ship, and hope they make more! :naughty

HEY! 1800 posts! WOOT!!!

gdb
03-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I LOVE Spirited Away. I find hentai to be fun but it's too strange to be taken seriously.

The first anime film I saw was in the 80's and was translated into Supernatural Beastie City. I think it's called something else now. I loved it! It was so Bladerunner like. I must have seen it about 6 times. Unfortunately, I've never seen it dubbed or subtitled so I haven't a clue what was really going on.

My daughter loves Armitage Duel Matrix for the kick ass female protagonist. I like it, too. Esp. how beautiful future Chicago is and seeing (hearing) Jar Jar work again.

BDboystoys
03-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Every Myazaki film. He's the greatest anime creator.
Also another Studio Gibli, Grave of the Fireflies, one of the saddest things Ive ever seen.
Akira ranks as one of my all time favourite anime and films too.

Gotta love the anime!

gdb
03-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh, it's a bit of a hybrid but my favorite would have to be the Ani-Matrix DVD.

TheObsoleteMan
03-31-2006, 10:20 PM
The first anime I saw was probably Speed Racer when I was little kid, and it's still my favorite. G-Force, Starblazers and Robotech were also big faves back then. Hellsing is probably my favorite of the newer stuff.

I've been watching Neon Genesis Evagelion on Cartoon Network. We're almost at the last episode and I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Batty
03-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Every Myazaki film. He's the greatest anime creator.
Also another Studio Gibli, Grave of the Fireflies, one of the saddest things Ive ever seen.
Akira ranks as one of my all time favourite anime and films too.

I totally agree with you about all of these titles. I couldn't believe how sad Grave of the Fireflies was. I wish Robot Carnival was available on DVD. It's another great one.

Killbeggar
04-01-2006, 01:25 AM
My Favorites:
Robotech
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Bastard!
Non-americanized Gundam
Most Miyazaki
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
Robot Carnival (I agree Batty)

Shai
04-01-2006, 01:46 AM
Grendizer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and here he was called Goldorak !!!!!!).Big part of my childhood memories...oh yeah and Astro- boy too....:google :google

hairlesswookiee
04-01-2006, 05:47 AM
awesome!!! im so happy people chimed in on this one. ive been into anime for roughly 10 years now. but the past 3 years ive been HUGE into anime. i have yet to see grave of the fireflies or robot carnival.(on my list though). right now my favorite shows are: Naruto, Bleach, Samurai 7, and Hellsing. if you guys are looking for a great movie that is at blockbuster check out Appleseed you wont be dissapointed. i also have all the robotech remastered, gundam wing, ghost in the shell (movies and tv show), initial D, ninja scroll (tv and movie), bubblegum crisis, karas. and some more that i cant think of off the top of my head.

**if anyone wants a copy of something let me know i have no problem doing it for you.

King Darkness
04-01-2006, 05:56 AM
I was introduced to anime with Vampire Hunter D...wich I really enjoyed...I like Akira and Ghost In The Shell was really well gone IMO....When i was younger I liked Fist of the North Star and also liked the Fatal Fury series...but to be honest I have really seen any new anime sine Ghost In the Shell...SS should do some GITS figures...

Alice Adrenochrome
04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm a huge animé fan, ever since Akira came out here in Europe. Back in those days, it was really hard to get your hands on animé video tapes. Yes, no DVD's back then! In those days, animé was pretty much an insider thing, real black market stuff! Wicked City, Dominion Tank Police, 3X3 Eyes, Doomed Megalopolis, Fist of the North Star, Patlabor, Jin-Roh and the earlier mentioned Akira where among the popular films/series then. Many of these older animés are still worth watching, mostly due to their great stories. The animation techniques have taken a big leap since then though. The new version of Appleseed (the original OVA dates from '88!), Steam Boy, Tokio Godfathers, ... eyecandy galore. I have a big animé collection, but there is still so much to see! Currently I have four series on order, can't wait till they arrive!
So far, my favorite animés are Akira, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Armitage III Polymatrix and Armitage: Dual-Matrix, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Appleseed, Parasite Dolls, Record of Lodoss War, Chobits, Vision of Escaflowne... there are to many to mention. And there is still so much to see!

screamingmetal
04-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Some of my favorite anime are Ghost in the Shell 1, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Spriggan, Cowboy bebop (Movie and the series), Appleseed I & II, Steam Boy, Vampire Hunter D, Sol Bianca (movie and Tv series), Gunsmith Cats, Patlabor (movies and TV series), Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaa.
I've seen a couple episodes of Bubblegum Crisis and liked what I saw.

King Darkness
04-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Some of my favorite anime are Ghost in the Shell 1, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Spriggan, Cowboy bebop (Movie and the series), Appleseed I & II, Steam Boy, Vampire Hunter D, Sol Bianca (movie and Tv series), Gunsmith Cats, Patlabor (movies and TV series), Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaa.
I've seen a couple episodes of Bubblegum Crisis and liked what I saw.

Ninja Scroll!! Man I loved that one..I had totally forgotten about it....I still have about 15-20 anime movies on VHS but no VCR...Now I want to go buy a cheap $20 VCR to revisit some old anime....damn..I really want to watch Ninja Scroll..maybe I'll just get NS on DVD....

hairlesswookiee
04-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Ninja Scroll!! Man I loved that one..I had totally forgotten about it....I still have about 15-20 anime movies on VHS but no VCR...Now I want to go buy a cheap $20 VCR to revisit some old anime....damn..I really want to watch Ninja Scroll..maybe I'll just get NS on DVD....
make sure you get the 10th anniversary DVD that came out. its great to watch the special features and the making of stuff. oh by the way if anyone wants a copy of any of my movies (they are backups of my original copies) let me know, i dont mind doing it if you pay the shipping, or maybe we can arrange a swap or something. i cant wait for the new hellsing show too!! its supposed to come out sometime this year.

King Darkness
04-01-2006, 07:43 PM
make sure you get the 10th anniversary DVD that came out.

Wow..didnt even know there was one..will have to check it out...thanks wookiee:D

carbo-fation
04-01-2006, 08:13 PM
OMG....I never imagined anybody in this forum to be into anime. I am so glad someone brought this up. I have been watching anime ever since I can remember. I started out with Saber Rider and Captain Tsubasa back in Germany and once I moved to the US, I became an anime fanatic. I watch anime almost everyday, usually the newest releases of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Black Cat, Blood, and many more. I also have a wide variety of anime I have purchased over the years, including Ghost in the Shell, Akira, almost all of Miyasaki movies, Grave of the Fireflies, Appleseed, and many more.....
I have seen many completed anime series like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic (all three seasons), Samurai Deeper Kyo, Dragon Ball (Z and evern GT), Monster, Basilisk, Gun Grave, Ghost in the Shell, Cyborg 009, Onegai Teacher and Twins, Berserk, Hellsing, YuYu Hakushu, Outlaw Star, Air, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, G-Gundum, Mobile Suit Gundum, Zeta Gundum, Gundum Seed, Gundum Seed Destiny, Ninja Scroll, Prince of Tennis, Wolf's Rain, Tenjo Tenge, Chrono Crusade, Gantz, Inu Yasha, Saiyuki, and many, many more...

I am also very much into Manga. I have over 20 different series which I am currently reading and buying. But thanks to the internet, I have decreased my spending on Anime and Manga, and just download them for free via bitorrent and other (il-)legal means. If you have any questions about any anime or manga, or want to know about some cool websites, PM me.

Seaward
04-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Just to chime in and sorta second what everybody has been saying, that some anime movies and series are downright amazing. Tops on my list is Cowboy Bebop, followed by Neon Genesis Evangelion (am I the only one who ordered Rei and Asuka?), FLCL and pretty much everything Miyazaki. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest films I have ever seen, but it was breathtaking. Also a big fan of the original Blood (check this out if you like BTVS) Thanks for starting this thread, way cool topic!

hairlesswookiee
04-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Also a big fan of the original Blood (check this out if you like BTVS) Thanks for starting this thread, way cool topic!

man i thought i was the only person who has seen it..it was even on showtime a couple years ago. i was hoping they would make a sequel or something. i loved how super gory it was.

TheObsoleteMan
04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Just to chime in and sorta second what everybody has been saying, that some anime movies and series are downright amazing. Tops on my list is Cowboy Bebop, followed by Neon Genesis Evangelion (am I the only one who ordered Rei and Asuka?), FLCL and pretty much everything Miyazaki. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest films I have ever seen, but it was breathtaking. Also a big fan of the original Blood (check this out if you like BTVS) Thanks for starting this thread, way cool topic! Loved FLCL. The music was great.

Winged Shadows
04-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I absolutely LOVE anime, in it's original format without stupid dubs/cuts. This is freakily similar to carbo-fations list, but I try and jump on the latest fansubs for the following on-going anime:

Bleach (DB)
One Piece (K-F)
Naruto (DB)
Black Cat (Oyasumi)
Fate Stay Night (Eclipse)
Blood+ (Shinsen)
Ergo Proxy (Yoroshiku)
Mushishi (C1)
Noein (Shinsen)

Other notable mentions:

Gundam Seed (but not 'Gundam Seed Destiny' - which was absolute CRAP!)
Gun x Sword
Monster (only seen the first few eps)
Gun Grave
Basilisk
Samurai 7
Shakugan no Shana
Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1 (tho i liked the original series too)
Jin Roh - Movie
Final Fantasy - Advent Children Movie

Seaward
04-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I thought I heard about a sequel to Blood awhile back, but it was taking things in a different direction. Let me talk to my anime friends and see if they recall anything about an upcoming sequel.

FLCL had great music, but it was so weird, and had a strange emotional undercurrent that really left a mark. I don't think I could properly explain any of what actually transpired, but the strange arc of the protagonist had me hooked. That and he had giant robots in his head.

carbo-fation
04-03-2006, 05:40 AM
I don't know why but I was never too much into FLCL. I know a lot of people like it but it didn't do much for me.

@Winged Shadow: Finish watching Monster! It is a really good anime and as it progresses further it becomes very interesting. THe ending was rather unexpected as well.

hairlesswookiee
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
how about robotech?? i dont recall anyone mentioning this show yet. or even voltron!! does anyone have it?? how about swapping them for some of my anime??

carbo-fation
04-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I don't think they ever released Voltron on DVD. I knew a website that sells some episodes of Saber Rider, but nothing yet on Voltron. If they had it out, I would have definetly purchased it by now.

Winged Shadows
04-10-2006, 01:08 PM
New for the Spring 2006 anime season:

Kiba (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4264)
xxxHolic (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4032)

^^ Quite a few other new releases.. but these two look the best in ma opinion.

Alice Adrenochrome
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
man i thought i was the only person who has seen it..it was even on showtime a couple years ago. i was hoping they would make a sequel or something. i loved how super gory it was.
I'm not to fond of Blood: The Last Vampire. It was gory all right, but the story was kind of boring. Btw there IS a sequel: a TV series called "Blood+". I haven't seen it yet, but you better be prepared that the main character has undergone some drastically visual changes! It's not the same vampire slashing out there...check out this Japanese site for more info:
http://www.blood.tv/

TOE
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I love Akira Kurosawa's films, especially Seven Samurai, which is why I am watching all the episode of SAMURAI SEVEN. . I love samurai anime, but not fond of those Vandread or Robotech anime. Also, naruto, Yu-gi-oh, Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection, Jin-Roh, Dragonball Saga, Vampire hunter D, Miyasaki anime, ...

Question: What follows Ninja Resurrection? Please PM me. I really would like to find out what happens next. Thanks.

hairlesswookiee
04-11-2006, 08:32 AM
i started watching samurai seven during spring break but only got up to episode 6. now that i finally downloaded the rest ofthem im gonna watch them all after this semester ends. i liked it so far. i love samurai / ninja anime, but not with too too much mecha stuff added into it.

Alice Adrenochrome
04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
i started watching samurai seven during spring break but only got up to episode 6. now that i finally downloaded the rest ofthem im gonna watch them all after this semester ends. i liked it so far. i love samurai / ninja anime, but not with too too much mecha stuff added into it. If you like bloody katana action, 'Samurai Champloo' is a must! The plot is a bit crazy: two samurai that are far from being friends, team up with a waitress to search a samurai that smells like...sunflower! It's on top of my wish list.

Edit:
http://samuraichamploo.com/

hairlesswookiee
04-11-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah, samurai champloo is one of my favorite series. i hope they make a second one or even a movie because the show was really great.

hairlesswookiee
04-13-2006, 10:59 PM
great news!!! votron is coming home!!!

Media Blasters to Release Voltron in September

posted on 2006-03-30 13:00:00

8 DVD sets with ~15 episodes each, first box in September, 5.1 audio, remastered video, all new extras created by original Voltron staff, GoLion and Armored Squadron Dairugger XV in 2007.Media Blasters, in conjunction with World Events Productions, is releasing Voltron: Defender of the Universe on a series of DVD sets beginning in September. Each set will contain about 15 episodes, all with 5.1 audio and remastered video.

In addition to original character sketches, TV ads, and news footage, the DVDs will contain new extras created "with help from the original producers and staff."

Media Blasters is also planning to release Hundred Beast King GoLion and Armored Squadron Dairugger XV on DVD starting next year. They will be uncut and subtitled.

More information will be available from Media Blasters' new Voltron site.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8642
http://www.voltrondvd.com/

TOE
04-13-2006, 11:32 PM
anyone heard of Basilisk? Great samurai/ action anime. totally recommended. not be disappointed. its about Ten best ninja from two opposing village. What makes this movie great is that all 20 characters have cool ninja techniques. you must watch it to find out what they are.

carbo-fation
04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
anyone heard of Basilisk? Great samurai/ action anime. totally recommended. not be disappointed. its about Ten best ninja from two opposing village. What makes this movie great is that all 20 characters have cool ninja techniques. you must watch it to find out what they are.

Basilisk is definetely a good anime. I finished the complete series last month (only 24 Episodes) and I was saddened that it had ended so soon. Also, I highly recommend Fate/Night Stay and Trinity Blood. They are really suspenseful and action packed.

TOE
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Basilisk is definetely a good anime. I finished the complete series last month (only 24 Episodes) and I was saddened that it had ended so soon. Also, I highly recommend Fate/Night Stay and Trinity Blood. They are really suspenseful and action packed.

did you watch that in divx format? how many divx movies do you have?

hairlesswookiee
04-14-2006, 10:28 PM

do you know where i can possibly download it?? ive been looking for a good samurai / ninja anime fore a long time. after watching samurai 7 i'm all about the swordplay now.

carbo-fation
04-15-2006, 12:14 AM
do you know where i can possibly download it?? ive been looking for a good samurai / ninja anime fore a long time. after watching samurai 7 i'm all about the swordplay now.

Try torrentspy.com or isohunt.com
I know they have them, but I am not sure how well they are seeded. I have a monthly subscription to Narutofan.com and I just download it from there directly. It is a lot faster and when you go to college and work full-time like I do, then 4 bucks a month is nothing for faster anime downloads.

did you watch that in divx format? how many divx movies do you have?

As mentioned above I downloaded it from Narutofan.com. I could play it on Wind. Media player, Real player, and Divx. I hope it helps. All of my movies are play-able on divx.

hairlesswookiee
04-15-2006, 01:14 PM
it usually takes me about 20mins to download a naruto episode through bitorrent. i might get a subscription anyways just to download some other stuff, i didnt realize they had other anime series available.

carbo-fation
04-15-2006, 07:13 PM
it usually takes me about 20mins to download a naruto episode through bitorrent. i might get a subscription anyways just to download some other stuff, i didnt realize they had other anime series available.

They have been updating their anime list a lot lately. They have a 100+ anime and all of them are up to date. Are you also into manga?

hairlesswookiee
04-15-2006, 10:06 PM
They have been updating their anime list a lot lately. They have a 100+ anime and all of them are up to date. Are you also into manga?

no sorry i could never find the time to get into it. and my local bookstores only have a limited selection.

~~~this guys rocks ---> :chew

TOE
04-15-2006, 11:02 PM
speaking of Naruto...i just saw the recent episodes on Cartoon Network. It was great. But, on Monday, my friend will give me a DiVX format of the first 200 episode so I know what I will be doing during the summer break. :chew

hairlesswookiee
04-16-2006, 12:25 AM
yeah the japanese versions of the show are much better. you'll notice the differences too... blood, swearing (sort of), and the sexy jitsu. :chew

TOE
04-16-2006, 01:54 AM
sexy jitsu? :google :D :banana

carbo-fation
04-16-2006, 02:41 PM
sexy jitsu? :google :D :banana

Oh yeah...sexy no jutsu, you are going to love that. By the way, they are only up to episode 180. And the last 45 episodes have been nothing but fillers. The actual story line will begin sometime this summer.

hairlesswookiee
04-17-2006, 05:40 AM
O And the last 45 episodes have been nothing but fillers. The actual story line will begin sometime this summer.

please dont remind me... ive been trying to stomach these fillers since the third or fourth one that came out. i just want to see what happened to sasuke!!!! and hopefully naruto can learn more jutsu's, because its kind of boring seeing him use the same two or three over and over again.

carbo-fation
04-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't want to spoil anything for you, but all I can say is that everyone's going to be a lot stronger. New characters will show up and some old ones will have a make over. It really sucks that you can't read the manga or else the wait wouldn't seem so long.

hairlesswookiee
04-17-2006, 11:18 AM
:monkey2 yeah i would actually read everyone if the local bookstore carried them. and i hope they get WAY stronger than the current fillers are showing them. im hoping that one episode will have naruto and jiraiya (spelling??) leaving for a while to concentrate on his training, then have him come back all super bada## naruto throwing lightning like this guy --->:emperor

~~since im now a naruto plus subscriber im allowed to download the manga right??

carbo-fation
04-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Actually, the manga has always been free. You just had to register. The Narutofan plus is only for the anime. But, yeah, you could always download the manga. And if you are looking for purchasing the English version translated by viz, just go to discountanimedvd.com. They have all nine volumes that have been released so far. It is a great site but also has a lot of pirated dvds. The mangas are authentic, however. I myself buy all my manga from Waldenbooks or borders. They have been getting more and more mangas as of late and have a really big collection.
The four major companies that translate the majority of the manga here in the US are tokyopop.com, viz.com. and cmx which is affilitated with dccomic (dccomic.com/cmx/), and darkhorse.com

....and the new arc after the final battle between Saskue and Naruto begins chapter 253 fyi

TOE
04-17-2006, 03:40 PM
does the manga version corelates with the cartoon anime version? I mean, i read a lot of comic books, like transformers, that later shows in cartoon network but the story line seems to change, which I really hate.

hairlesswookiee
04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
^^ i think the manga does differ a little from the anime. i'm gonna start reading them so i will find out once i start reading them. but, the few mangas that i did read differed form the shows-- sometimes a little, but also sometimes completely different.

carbo-fation
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
THe mangas generally differ from the anime. They are usually more in-depth and have a lot more background info. Because nobody wants to read what they just watched, the mangakas tend to add twists and more characters to the manga to keep the reader engaged. Naruto, Bleach, and all the other shounen mangas are very similar to the anime with the same plot, only with minor changes. Mangas like Gantz, Samurai Deeper Kyo, or Trigun have a lot more info and IMO are a lot better than the anime.

carbo-fation
05-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Has anyone been watching the new anime Black Lagoon. It's very action packed and just well made. It only has 3 episodes out so you haven't missed much yet. I'd recommend giving it a try.

hairlesswookiee
05-04-2006, 11:47 AM
cool i will definately look for it. i also recommend trying Karas-- it just came out on DVD and it is great. now that school is out i have a lot of anime to watch.

~~on the list: ghost in the shell second gig, samurai seven, samurai gun, basilisk, and some other stuff i havent had a chance to watch.

carbo-fation
05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I heard Karas is good, but I just haven't had chance to see it because of school. I have my finals next week and then I'll finally be off. I also have a lot of catching up to do on Anime. I recently purchased the 12 Kingdoms so I am really anxious to see it.

TolkienCollector
05-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm watching Akira at the moment :D Have just won a copy of Gunslinger Girl on ebay (Neo mag recommends it). I'm trying to get inta anime, having been fascinated by the Animatrix DVD which was the first anime I ever saw that wasn't aimed at kids.

TC :google

hairlesswookiee
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
whatever you do.... drop everything and buy NINJA SCROLL next. then ghost in the shell, jin-roh, appleseed

TOE
05-04-2006, 04:54 PM
is the black lagoon on cable??? what channel?

also, no one ever anwered my questin as to "what is the next chapter after Ninja Ressurection?" :monkey1

hairlesswookiee
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
is the black lagoon on cable??? what channel?

also, no one ever anwered my questin as to "what is the next chapter after Ninja Ressurection?" :monkey1

well, technically ninja ressurection has nothin to do with the ninja scroll series. the main character just happens to have the same name. and some other qualities that were ripped off from ninja scroll. if you are trying to continue the ninja scroll story then get the series titled Ninja Scroll-- there are only about 12 episodes i believe.

ive never heard of black lagoon so i couldnt tell you anything about it.

carbo-fation
05-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Black Lagoon just started in Japan and you can get it online via bittorrent or bitcomet.

hairlesswookiee
05-09-2006, 12:32 AM
i just downloaded black lagoon last night im gonna watch them tomorrw after i get home from work. :emperor :emperor

WEAPON X
05-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Akira - Shotaro Kaneda

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4319/kanedararebymedicomtoysjn4.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6654/kanedabackviewux2.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5975/kanedafullshotuk5.jpg

carbo-fation
05-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Haha...that figure again. If I were you, I'd put in a safe and never display it again. Or else some ninja might come in and take it away. :D
http://www.oddessy.com/Uniforms/Ninja.jpg

Alice Adrenochrome
05-10-2006, 04:18 AM
Just watched "Ghost in the Shell 2: innocence" (http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/main.html) (http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/main.html%29). A true masterpiece. If you liked the 3D like animation style of "Appelseed" the movie (http://www.appleseedthemovie.com/) (http://www.appleseedthemovie.com/%29), you are going to love this, 'cause this is even better! There are some stunning animation sequences in GITS2. The story is pretty much carried by the visuals, rather than by dialogue. Very Blade-Runnerish atmosphere, but without trying to be a copy of it.
I'm also in the middle of "Burst Angels" (http://www.burstangel.com/) (http://www.burstangel.com/%29), which I find pretty good. The animation is not always top notch, but the stories evolve fast, thanks to the action driven plots. A bit more humor would have made it better, I think.
I watched Ikki Tousen (http://www.ikkitousendvd.com/ikkiMain.html) (http://www.ikkitousendvd.com/ikkiMain.html%29), and I pretty much waisted my time there...
Still on my shelf: Samurai 7, and Tenjo Tenge.

carbo-fation
05-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Ghost in the Shell is indeed a master piece. I am glad you liked it. I wouldn't waste my time with tenjo tenge. It is one of the worst anime I've ever seen. As for Samurai 7, it is a definite must for any anime lover.

WEAPON X
05-10-2006, 06:35 AM
Haha...that figure again. If I were you, I'd put in a safe and never display it again. Or else some ninja might come in and take it away. :D
http://www.oddessy.com/Uniforms/Ninja.jpg

carbo-fation,

Brother, thanks for the warning!

Oh Beautiful family!

Best regards to your ninja family, :bow

Ben :maul

hairlesswookiee
05-10-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah i really enjoyed the second ghost in the shell movie. appleseed is also fantastic in my books. has anyone had a chance to watch Advent Children yet?? im in love with this movie now. :emperor :emperor

Batty
05-10-2006, 12:03 PM
yeah i really enjoyed the second ghost in the shell movie. appleseed is also fantastic in my books. has anyone had a chance to watch Advent Children yet?? im in love with this movie now. :emperor :emperor
I've played the FF games and still have no idea what Advent Children was about. But it was great to see characters I was familiar with and it looked amazing.

hairlesswookiee
05-10-2006, 12:05 PM
im not gonna spoil it but its in the most popular FF unvierse with all the major characters from the game. if you see it at blockbuster most definately rent it.

carbo-fation
05-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I saw Advent children last year and I thought it was very well done and enjoyed watching it.

I've played the FF games and still have no idea what Advent Children was about. But it was great to see characters I was familiar with and it looked amazing.

Try watching Final Fantasy VII: Last Order Anime OVA...this should help clarify some things for you.

Batty
05-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Try watching Final Fantasy VII: Last Order Anime OVA...this should help clarify some things for you.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Seaward
05-10-2006, 03:21 PM
So Advent Children is worth a view? It looks pretty, but I haven't actually finished a Final Fantasy game since VII. Is it a direct continuation or a prequel or what? I am alot behind on videogames though, as I am just now finishing Kingdom Hearts I!

carbo-fation
05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Is it a direct continuation or a prequel or what?

It's more like a continuation of what happened after the end of FFVII. It pretty much finishes the story and has somewhat happy ending. Definetely worth watching!!

Alice Adrenochrome
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
As far as FF is concerned, I'm still stuck in the prehistory... the only FF game I ever played (and never finished btw), was the one that came out on the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive for the EU's). Guess that was FF2...

hairlesswookiee
05-10-2006, 11:00 PM
you fans should be excited because they are re-making all the FF games with new high-end graphics for the new systems.

Seaward
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
thanks for the tip on advent children! This is certainly on my list of things to check out. I saw some sequence before the credits playing on a giant Hi-def monitor and it looked amazing.

I haven't really sought out any new anime in while. As a fan of evangelion, bebop, trigun, flcl, amongst others, any suggestions?

carbo-fation
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
As a fan of evangelion, bebop, trigun, flcl, amongst others, any suggestions?

Try Trinity Blood, Monster, Gun Grave, Hellsing, Outlaw Star, or Full Metal Alchemist. All of them will get you hooked like crazy.

hairlesswookiee
05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
no doubt. i bought hellsing and watched them all in one day. (luckily it was a holiday weekend so i had nothing to do that day.)

carbo-fation
05-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Lol...that's what happened to me when I bought Cowboy Bebop and Trinity Blood. Couldn't stop watching and end up in front of the TV all day.

hairlesswookiee
05-16-2006, 10:27 AM
my girlfriend went to her parents house for the weekend when i got all the ghost in the shell season one. she made fun of me because i was still watching them when she got home on sunday. she asked if i moved from the couch and i said yeah when i had to eat and go to the bathroom. :chew

TOE
05-16-2006, 11:07 AM
my girlfriend went to her parents house for the weekend when i got all the ghost in the shell season one. she made fun of me because i was still watching them when she got home on sunday. she asked if i moved from the couch and i said yeah when i had to eat and go to the bathroom. :chew

:rotfl I had to do the same when watching Basilik. It's hard to let go. How many Hellsing episode are there? And Trinity Blood? :confused:

carbo-fation
05-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Hellising has 13 eps. + an ova which is awesome. Trinity blood has 24 episodes. Both animes are excellent.
I see you watched Basilisk. What did you think of the ending? I thought it was kind of disappointing.

TOE
05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Hellising has 13 eps. + an ova which is awesome. Trinity blood has 24 episodes. Both animes are excellent.
I see you watched Basilisk. What did you think of the ending? I thought it was kind of disappointing.

The Basilik ending was not the way I expected to be. It was a typical Japanese drama ending. Also, I didn't like the way some of the fight scenes were, especially the death of that guy's (sorry can't remember the name) mentor (the one with the stare paralysis power). I expected more fight from him. Other than that, it was great. Action packed. Also, you can't tell which side is good and bad. :monkey3

Trinity blood has 24 episodes, cool. I'm watching one right now in ebay for $39. Well, which one is better Trinity Blood or Hellsing?? If you could choose only one for now.
:monkey1

carbo-fation
05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Both are good but Hellsing in my opinion is a classic and a must own. Try getting the OVA as well.

Seaward
05-16-2006, 05:51 PM
So I took a look around at Fullmetal Alchemist at the store, as the ads and bits and pieces I have seen always caught my eye. I was wondering about the length of the series. The ads suggest that things are coming to a close, am I correct in thinking that? If it is a finite series, I will certainly consider giving it a go. I just can't invest the time into some people's favorites like DragonBall or Ruroni Kenshin(though I liked samurai X)

carbo-fation
05-16-2006, 08:16 PM
So I took a look around at Fullmetal Alchemist at the store, as the ads and bits and pieces I have seen always caught my eye. I was wondering about the length of the series. The ads suggest that things are coming to a close, am I correct in thinking that? If it is a finite series, I will certainly consider giving it a go. I just can't invest the time into some people's favorites like DragonBall or Ruroni Kenshin(though I liked samurai X)

Full Metal Alchemist is only 52 episode and the English dub. edition is already complete. You can get it on ebay. Ruroni Kenshin is only 94 episodes, but it's different from the manga after the Shishio saga.

hairlesswookiee
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
ive only watched a couple of the full metal alchemist and i did like what i saw. im gonna try to get caught up on all my anime this summer, but its gonna be hard because next week i start working my second job so the weekends are going to be my only free time to do stuff.

TOE
05-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Both are good but Hellsing in my opinion is a classic and a must own. Try getting the OVA as well.

Hellsing it is!!! :chew

TOE
05-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh, I just remeber. I will have to finish watching Samurai 7 first before anything else. I'm a big Kurosawa fan :monkey1

carbo-fation
05-17-2006, 08:43 AM
I watched Samurai 7 last year and loved it. You should try watching the live-action movie that was made about the seven samurai japan. It was pretty decent.

TOE
05-17-2006, 08:59 AM
I watched Samurai 7 last year and loved it. You should try watching the live-action movie that was made about the seven samurai japan. It was pretty decent.

:D Yup. Got the criterion collection of Seven Samurai. The animation is almost the same as the original, keeping the true essence of the charaters.

How many episodes are there?

carbo-fation
05-17-2006, 10:03 AM
:D Yup. Got the criterion collection of Seven Samurai. The animation is almost the same as the original, keeping the true essence of the charaters.

How many episodes are there?

So, you haven't seen the anime yet, but rather the movie. If so, the anime only has 26 episodes and has futuristic feel to it.

hairlesswookiee
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
ive only managed to watch the first 6 episodes of samurai 7 and i thought it was awesome. now that we're talking about it im gonna watch them all this weekend.

carbo-fation
05-17-2006, 10:55 AM
I have to catch up on Fate/Night Stay, Blood, and Mushishi. But first, I am going to Ikea tomorrow and get two Detolfs.

TOE
05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
ive only managed to watch the first 6 episodes of samurai 7 and i thought it was awesome. now that we're talking about it im gonna watch them all this weekend.

Same here. Summer break is coming which gives me some chance to catch up on some samurai 7 and even more anime. :chew

Seaward
05-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Did anybody else order the Rei and Asuka Medicom figures from Sideshow? I am really looking forward to these myself, and hope they at least offer a Shinji in the future, but I think interest is pretty low.:monkey2

carbo-fation
05-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Did anybody else order the Rei and Asuka Medicom figures from Sideshow? I am really looking forward to these myself, and hope they at least offer a Shinji in the future, but I think interest is pretty low.:monkey2

No, I did not. Maybe if medicom made more figures then I'd buy this line. But for now, I'll have to pass.

TOE
05-18-2006, 11:49 PM
No, I did not. Maybe if medicom made more figures then I'd buy this line. But for now, I'll have to pass.

same here. The figures just don't worth $100 to me. BUt I am saving up for the Jin-Roh figure.

carbo-fation
06-09-2006, 05:46 PM
So.....I just finished watching 12 Kingdoms and I must say it is pretty good. The story and the animation are fantastic. The plot is slow but interesting. I'd recommend watching it. It's only 45 eps.

Alice Adrenochrome
06-09-2006, 05:59 PM

I bought the entire series, but unfortunately, I could only see the first 4 or 5 episodes until now. I'm really enthusiastic about what I've seen 'till now: Samurai action in a futuristic setting. Just like many other Japanese anime's and movies, the story progresses pretty slow, but, if you're into this kind of material, you'll consider that an advantage. At least I do. The story of Samurai 7 is interesting enough to keep you enchained!
I had the same experience with "Hakkenden, The: Legend of the Dog Warriors", which I liked very much.

Alice Adrenochrome
06-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I can tell you that I'm also looking forward to Rei and Asuka! This weeks newsletter said that the figures are arriving in the warehouses (US and EU) within the next 30 days. I'll be a happy camper if they're here!
I agree, Shinji is a must, and I can't imagine for Medicom to pass on him. He's a to important character. I could understand if they decided to pass on the fourth and fifth children, but Shinji? Personally, I'm more impatient for some Eva's of an acceptable size. The best Eva's I've seen so far, are the once made by Bandai/Soul of Chogokin. They are die cast, and really detailed and posable. But they are a bit small. Still Bandai/Soul of Chogokin rocks. I own several of their robots, among which a fantastic Goldorak/Grandizer.

TOE
06-09-2006, 06:52 PM
anyone else going to the con?? they have bunch load of anime stuff every corner.

carbo-fation
06-09-2006, 07:43 PM
anyone else going to the con?? they have bunch load of anime stuff every corner.

I wanted to, but I got this new job plus two summer courses. ALso, the World Cup is going on so I can't make it. Def. next year..:chew

crasis
06-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm also a huge anime fan, and have been for 15+ years. I fondly remember the days of tape trading for horrible 10th generation fan subs (that looked only somewhat better than the scrambled channels on cable tv), as this stuff was NOWHERE to be found. :lol My first exposure to Japanese animation was through Robotech, and with the help of fellow traders I soon discovered the unedited Japanese Macross series (from which the first saga of Robotech is molded from), movies and spinoffs. To this day Macross is my main hobby/passion, second only to Star Wars. If any of you guys and gals dig Robotech, you seriously need to do yourself a favor and track down the original/unedited Super Dimension Fortress Macross series (which isn't difficult at all, considering the series has been released by Animeigo and, more recently, by ADV films in an English dub) and any of the spinoffs. Though I tend to focus on all things Macross, I also have a fondness for a select group of other anime. Here's my list of favorites:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross (tv series)
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? (possibly THE best anime film of all time)
Macross: Flashback 2012 (OVA)
Macross Plus (OVAs and movie)
Macross 7 (tv series, OVAs, and film)
Macross Zero (OVAs)

Non-Macross:

Bubblegum Crisis (original OVA series)
AD Police (original, darker spin-off of BGC)
Genesis Climber Mospeada (also known as the "New Generation" portion of Robotech)
Escaflowne (the movie is interesting, but the series is prefered)
Cowboy Bebop (tv series)
Samurai Champloo (tv series)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (and 2nd Gig, and the 2 films)
Project A-Ko (OVAs...just NOT the Versus Battles)
Record of Lodoss War (original OVAs)
Crest/Banner of the Stars (OVAs)
Megazone 23 (OVAs)
Rahxephon (tv series)

Movies:

Akira
Nausicaä
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away

And more recently I discovered Karas, which is a gorgeous blend of CG and cell animation.

It's good to see there are more fans of this stuff out there in SSF land. :chew :chew

hairlesswookiee
06-09-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm also a huge anime fan, and have been for 15+ years. I fondly remember the days of tape trading for horrible 10th generation fan subs (that looked only somewhat better than the scrambled channels on cable tv), as this stuff was NOWHERE to be found. :lol My first exposure to Japanese animation was through Robotech, and with the help of fellow traders I soon discovered the unedited Japanese Macross series (from which the first saga of Robotech is molded from), movies and spinoffs. To this day Macross is my main hobby/passion, second only to Star Wars. If any of you guys and gals dig Robotech, you seriously need to do yourself a favor and track down the original/unedited Super Dimension Fortress Macross series (which isn't difficult at all, considering the series has been released by Animeigo and, more recently, by ADV films in an English dub) and any of the spinoffs. Though I tend to focus on all things Macross, I also have a fondness for a select group of other anime. Here's my list of favorites:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross (tv series)
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? (possibly THE best anime film of all time)
Macross: Flashback 2012 (OVA)
Macross Plus (OVAs and movie)
Macross 7 (tv series, OVAs, and film)
Macross Zero (OVAs)

Non-Macross:

Bubblegum Crisis (original OVA series)
AD Police (original, darker spin-off of BGC)
Genesis Climber Mospeada (also known as the "New Generation" portion of Robotech)
Escaflowne (the movie is interesting, but the series is prefered)
Cowboy Bebop (tv series)
Samurai Champloo (tv series)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (and 2nd Gig, and the 2 films)
Project A-Ko (OVAs...just NOT the Versus Battles)
Record of Lodoss War (original OVAs)
Crest/Banner of the Stars (OVAs)
Megazone 23 (OVAs)
Rahxephon (tv series)

Movies:

Akira
Nausicaä
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away

And more recently I discovered Karas, which is a gorgeous blend of CG and cell animation.

It's good to see there are more fans of this stuff out there in SSF land. :chew :chew

welcome!!! i like your list of shows i watch just about all of them. i too remember the old VHS trading at conventions to get the older shows. i sitll have the first copy of Akira on VHS that i got at a convention when i was 13. Karas is a great show... i went out and bought the first dvd a couple weeks back after watching a episode i downloaded.

crasis
06-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh, and to keep this relevant to my fellow 1/6 scale collectors...

If any of you are Robotech/Macross fans, a new company in the high-end figure market, PopBox Collectibles (distributed in the US by Toynami) is releasing a series of Macross character figures this summer! Their Hikaru Ichijo (you may know him as Rick Hunter from the Americanized Robotech) figure is off the charts! I've been waiting for anime-accurate figures of the main characters of this series for over 15 years. They chose to go with the likenesses/outfits from the MACROSS: Do You Remember Love? feature film, which you just can't go wrong with.

http://www.action-hq.com/store/images/hikaru_listing.jpg

More pics can be found here:
http://www.popboxcollectibles.com/macrossI1.html

From the site:

"Specifications: Premium rendition of your favorite Macross characters. Figure will have sculpted hair and highly detailed real cloth outfit with inner lining including miniture zipper, button, insignia patch and boots reproduced in exact likeness from the animated movie, “Do you Remember Love”. Body will have an awesome 23 points of articulation for greater posability. Each 12” scale figure will be correctly sized to character's proportion and height (for example, Roy will be approximately 1” taller than Hikaru). Comes with bonus collector's insignia patch and dogtag with chain.

Series 1 – 12” Scale Figures in Blue Utility Uniform - Hikaru Ichijo (Rick Hunter)
- Maximillian Jenius (Max Sterling)
- Roy Focker

Series 2 – 12” Scale Figures in Pilot Gear Suit
- Hikaru Ichijo (Rick Hunter)
- Maximillian Jenius (Max Sterling)
- Roy Focker "

Between these, the Sideshow Star Wars 1:6 line, and the Yamato Toys transformable Valkyries (Macross), my wallet is going to be in SEVERE pain this year. :monkey2 :monkey1 :lol :maul

carbo-fation
06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
First of all, welcome to the board Crasis. I am also a very big anime fan, but unlike you, my first anime experience was with Captain Tsubasa back in Germany. I am glad you like Macross because it is one of my favorites as well (pretty much all of them are). I never really liked robotech much but I am a huge Gundam as well as other Mecha anime fan. I have most of Miyazki's movies at home and I like all of them very much. My favorite movie of his is Laputa: Castle in the Sky.....just loved the graphics.

crasis
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. :) I've been lurking around these parts since November, when I first discovered Sideshow Collectibles through the amazing Luke figure. This place has become one of my daily stops ever since. I tend to be a bit shy, however, which generally keeps me from posting all that often. I'm trying to correct this and come out of my shell a bit more... :D

carbo-fation -
Miyazaki is, hands-down, one of the most brilliant filmmakers alive today. I am always amazed by the depth of emotion, detail and incredible animation he packs into each and every film. Laputa and Nausicaä will always have a special place for me, as they were the first I saw from the director. Oh, and I'm thrilled to see another Macross fan around here! We seem to be a somewhat rare breed. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to constantly explain to coworkers that the robot sitting at my desk is NOT Jetfire from Transformers, but Roy's VF-1S Valkyrie. :lol Have you seen the latest series in the franchise, Macross Zero? It's not available in the US yet (due to a nightmare of legal issues), but the animation in that series is absolutely incredible. And it's a prequel, so we get more Roy action. Woot! :chew

hairlesswookiee -
Akira is definitely a classic. My dream is to own Sideshow/Medicom-quality figures of Tetsuo and Kaneda some day. :monkey5 And I'm still new to Karas, but from the first volume, I'm hooked. I just pray they explain a few more things in the next dvd, since the plot is a tad on the vague/confusing side. :confused: :o

carbo-fation
06-10-2006, 05:42 AM
I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to constantly explain to coworkers that the robot sitting at my desk is NOT Jetfire from Transformers, but Roy's VF-1S Valkyrie. :lol Have you seen the latest series in the franchise, Macross Zero?

:rotfl :lol You can find downloads for it online. I haven't tried downloading it yet because I am behind on my anime. I need to finish 3 more series then I can start watching Macross Zero. Oh.....we have a board member who has the Kaneda figure. I think his name is Weapon X.

crasis
06-10-2006, 08:10 AM
So what three series are you currently watching? I definitely know what you mean about needing to catch up though, as I'm still trying to plow through Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig, Samurai Champloo, Heat Guy J... the list goes on and on. :monkey3 :lol

I so need that Kaneda figure. :monkey5 :monkey5 I think Sideshow needs to start an "Icons of Anime" 1/6 line. :maul

WEAPON X
06-10-2006, 08:19 AM
So what three series are you currently watching? I definitely know what you mean about needing to catch up though, as I'm still trying to plow through Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig, Samurai Champloo, Heat Guy J... the list goes on and on. :monkey3 :lol

I so need that Kaneda figure. :monkey5 :monkey5 I think Sideshow needs to start an "Icons of Anime" 1/6 line. :maul
Crasis, just for you! Please review the Kaneda (Medicom) Jpegs on this url

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8256&page=7

crasis
06-10-2006, 08:29 AM
:eek I checked your pics of Kaneda on the other page, and I just have to say WOW!!! If you don't mind my asking, just how did you manage to score one of those? I know there are only 300 or so in existence, so you must have paid some serious dough for him, no? :monkey2 :google :drool

Consider me incredibly jealous. :bow :lol

carbo-fation
06-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I am trying to finish Paranoia agent, Prince of Tennis, and Gantz. I am almost done with all three of them. I also watch many ongoing shows such as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fate/Night Stay, Black Lagoon, Mushishi, and others (can't remember on top of my head). I've been wanting to see Karas as well but never got around to it. Def. on top of my list besides Macross.

hairlesswookiee
06-10-2006, 10:46 PM
that Macross Rick Hunter 1:6 is great looking. if i get into those i will wait for the series 2 flight suits they mentioned. right now im not really watching anime. i watch the weekly Naruto that comes out so i dont fall behind, but other than that im trying to watch all the Angel episodes since i havent watched any until a couple weeks ago. when i do i will pick up with Samurai 7, Ghost in the Shell second Gig and some other anime that i havent gotten around to.

~~~Adven Children is a great movie if you are looking for some cool stuff to watch. after a year of delays i think it is perfect!!!

TOE
06-11-2006, 03:04 PM
okay...I love the show Trigun and thinking of getting the figs.

question: jazwares or kaiyodo?

Kaiyodo released the Black beast Gazelle but not sure is Jazwares did too? Any info on the size difference and material would be cool.

Darth Caedus
06-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I HATE anime, screw anime, stupid anime. They keep anime, but cancel JLU. AHHHHHHHHH. Sorry, I'm just a little bitter than cartoon networks keeps 2500000 anime show, but cancels Justice League..... :( :( :( :(

hairlesswookiee
06-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I HATE anime, screw anime, stupid anime. They keep anime, but cancel JLU. AHHHHHHHHH. Sorry, I'm just a little bitter than cartoon networks keeps 2500000 anime show, but cancels Justice League..... :( :( :( :(

sorry about your show, but in the past two or three years Anime has picked up and the ratings are much higher than most "Western" shows. i wish they still had the old WB Batman show on--that was awesome.

TOE
06-12-2006, 02:15 AM

i love anime and JLU. I didn't know CN canceled the show, that show was great. :monkey2

carbo-fation
06-13-2006, 04:51 PM
What??? CN cancelled JLU? I didn't even know about that. I am an anime fan, but I also loved the JLU and other Comic cartoons.

TOE
06-14-2006, 03:34 AM
you know which show needs to get canceled, and this is just my opinion, the One piece show. :monkey4

carbo-fation
06-14-2006, 03:36 AM
you know which show needs to get canceled, and this is just my opinion, the One piece show. :monkey4

One piece is an awesome show. They just butcherd the English version. The japanese version is one of my favorite animes.

TOE
06-14-2006, 03:51 AM
One piece is an awesome show. They just butcherd the English version. The japanese version is one of my favorite animes.

i hate it when this happens. i'll go check out the Japanese version.

carbo-fation
06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
i hate it when this happens. i'll go check out the Japanese version.

Read the manga first!! You can download it for free at stoptazmo.com. You just have to register and it's for free. FYI, One Piece is more popular in Japan than Naruto.

TOE
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Anyone has or seen :

Berserk
Karas
Gungrave
Sin
Appleseed
X

:confused:

carbo-fation
06-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Anyone has or seen :

Berserk
Karas
Gungrave
Sin
Appleseed
X

:confused:

I've seen Gungrave, Berserk, and Appleseed. Karas is on my list to watch and I've never heard of Sin. Why are you asking?

hairlesswookiee
06-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Appleseed is awesome!!! i highly recommend either picking up or renting (my blockbuster has it so i assume all do)

~~im behind the curve. im still trying to watch all the Angel seasons, as soon as im finished with that i will start the anime sessions. sorry guys i know i said i would get caught up this summer, but since im working two jobs the weekends are all the free time i have.

carbo-fation
06-20-2006, 06:37 AM
~~ but since im working two jobs the weekends are all the free time i have.

I feel your pain. I have two jobs plus a summer course. I hardly have any free time at all.

pfronz
06-20-2006, 06:37 AM
The Big O! :D

carbo-fation
06-20-2006, 06:41 AM

Great anime!! Too bad CN cancelled it!:monkey2

TOE
06-20-2006, 03:33 PM

Too crazy for me to watch at night. Be cool to see PF or a 24" version of the robots though :D

Carbo--- just wanting to know if they are any good so i can buy them or not.

carbo-fation
06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Too crazy for me to watch at night. Be cool to see PF or a 24" version of the robots though :D

Carbo--- just wanting to know if they are any good so i can buy them or not.

Definetely get Gungrave and Berserk!! They are very short animes (26 eps.) and you can get a real bargain on ebay. Appleseed you can actually rent from blockbuster.

Is that "x" supposed to be an anime title.....

carbo-fation
06-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Edit: Oops!! Double post!

TOE
06-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Is that "x" supposed to be an anime title.....

yeah.

i went to a video store and they had a whole bunch of anime for sale. too many to choose from actually so i wrote down the ones i thought looked cool.

carbo-fation
06-21-2006, 07:24 AM
yeah.

i went to a video store and they had a whole bunch of anime for sale. too many to choose from actually so i wrote down the ones i thought looked cool.

The only x I know is samurai x, but thats about it! :confused:

TOE
06-27-2006, 12:31 AM
so...my brother has been postoning the Naruto series so I haven't watched a single episode except the ones from CN. I tried downloading the bittorent file but says it would take 200 days :monkey4 so...yeah :monkey2

carbo-fation
06-27-2006, 05:26 AM
so...my brother has been postoning the Naruto series so I haven't watched a single episode except the ones from CN. I tried downloading the bittorent file but says it would take 200 days :monkey4 so...yeah :monkey2

Try going to narutofan.com and sign up for the plus account. It's only $4 a month and the downloads take less than 20 mintues.

hairlesswookiee
06-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Try going to narutofan.com and sign up for the plus account. It's only $4 a month and the downloads take less than 20 mintues.

thats where i used to get mine, but with the limited bandwidth i was forced to go back to torrents :monkey5 i did download all the basilisk, black lagoon, and a couple others though.

~~pm me if you want the naruto episodes. i have every episode downloaded from tokyo pop with english subtitles.

Alice Adrenochrome
07-15-2006, 10:37 AM
For Anime fans attending this years Comic-con, I found this:
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=227&show_article=19&nl=1

I know 5" is not really the core of everybody's collection, but some still might find it interesting.

TOE
07-15-2006, 12:53 PM
For Anime fans attending this years Comic-con, I found this:
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=227&show_article=19&nl=1

I know 5" is not really the core of everybody's collection, but some still might find it interesting.

thanks for the heads up. i'll definitely get one. love the anime and the original by Kurusawa. :D

hairlesswookiee
07-15-2006, 12:59 PM
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 why cant i be attending the show?? i'd love to get a set of these.

carbo-fation
07-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Is it $48 for one figure or the complete set?? If the latter then I need to find a way to get them. I love Samurai 7 and these figures look awesome.

TOE
07-15-2006, 03:00 PM
i really hope it is $45 for the set. But i think it will be a lottery system where they are only going to sell about 12 each day. if i manage to get more i'll sell it to whom ever whats it.

Zodiac
07-15-2006, 04:22 PM
The only x I know is samurai x, but thats about it! :confused:

I think I've seen X before. Or at least parts of it. Something about two groups of people, the dragons of earth and the dragons of sky, who battle for control of the world. Naturally they have super powers and somehow some guy who had no knowledge of any of this gets pulled into the struggle with two of his childhood friends, on opposing sides naturally. Thats about all I remember, but it didn't seem bad.

In case you didn't guess I watch alot of anime because I feel it's important to dabble in all forms of nerdery.

-Z

TOE
07-15-2006, 04:34 PM
In case you didn't guess I watch alot of anime because I feel it's important to dabble in all forms of nerdery.

-Z

well, welcome to the nerd thread then :D what's you fave anime?

oh...update...i'm on Naruto episode 175 now. oh yeah :chew thank you Youtube. oh..Mark..i still want a copy though.

carbo-fation
07-15-2006, 07:49 PM
i really hope it is $45 for the set. But i think it will be a lottery system where they are only going to sell about 12 each day. if i manage to get more i'll sell it to whom ever whats it.

I'll be more than happy to buy it from you!!!:D

Welcome to the forum Zodiac! :chew

Zodiac
07-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) I've actually been around for awhile, just didn't ever post much then the forum changed places or something so all the posts I had made before got lost or something.

Actually I'm not sure I have a fav anime, I have many that I like for often vastly different reasons.

Anything Miyazaki for example is gold because its just beautiful, but at the same time I like dragonball Z because the animation is so unclean and sloppy.

Don't worry, I'm not the type to just enjoy all anime, believe it or not I don't like giant robot animes (thats like half of all anime made).

And I'll still drop anything I'm doing for a good episode of Yu Yu Hakusho, which used to be on adult swim for a short time or Cowboy Bebop.

-Z

carbo-fation
07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) I've actually been around for awhile, just didn't ever post much then the forum changed places or something so all the posts I had made before got lost or something.

Actually I'm not sure I have a fav anime, I have many that I like for often vastly different reasons.

Anything Miyazaki for example is gold because its just beautiful, but at the same time I like dragonball Z because the animation is so unclean and sloppy.

Don't worry, I'm not the type to just enjoy all anime, believe it or not I don't like giant robot animes (thats like half of all anime made).

And I'll still drop anything I'm doing for a good episode of Yu Yu Hakusho, which used to be on adult swim for a short time or Cowboy Bebop.

-Z

What!!! You don't like mecha anime, i.e Gundam? You are missing out man!! :D

ANyways, I like Yu Yu Hakushu a lot just like Cowboy Bebop! But DBZ is still one of my favorites.

hairlesswookiee
07-28-2006, 08:06 AM
so im on about episode 10 of samurai seven. im a little distracted right now because i just found out that Blood + is on the second season already so i started watching the first one. its a really cool series so far if anyone here is a fan of the old movie.

crasis
07-28-2006, 09:16 AM
If any of you were on the fence about picking up any of the Macross (Robotech) 1/6 scale line, check out this review (http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/hikaru-review/popbox-hikaru-review.htm) by Graham of MacrossWorld:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/hikaru-review/popbox-hikaru-review.htm

I think they nailed the sculpt. :chew I can't wait for my pre-order to ship. I'll post tons of pics if anyone here is interested...

Alice Adrenochrome
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
so im on about episode 10 of samurai seven. im a little distracted right now because i just found out that Blood + is on the second season already so i started watching the first one. its a really cool series so far if anyone here is a fan of the old movie.

Me too, I'm somewhere in Samurai7, and pausing. At the moment, I'm reviewing Escaflowe, and man I have to say, still is one of the best series out there in Anime land. As for Blood+, I've heard the series rocks: you finally get to know who Saya is, her background and so on. That's what I missed in Blood the movie. The movie's like: here is a girl, she is different, she kills creatures, she has a special katana, and .... that's it!!! The film is eye-candy all the way, but the story was soooo superficial!

TOE
07-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm up to date with Naruto and now ...Samurai 7.

FYI...Basilik will be out on dvd really really soon. I was going to buy the dvd at the con but i'll rather wait for the box set.

hairlesswookiee
07-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Me too, I'm somewhere in Samurai7, and pausing. At the moment, I'm reviewing Escaflowe, and man I have to say, still is one of the best series out there in Anime land. As for Blood+, I've heard the series rocks: you finally get to know who Saya is, her background and so on. That's what I missed in Blood the movie. The movie's like: here is a girl, she is different, she kills creatures, she has a special katana, and .... that's it!!! The film is eye-candy all the way, but the story was soooo superficial!

yeah, i read in an anime magazine that Blood was intended to be like that because the director was hoping to have a sequel or two out of it. i like how gory and graphic the series is and happy that it explains how saya gets her "abilities"

carbo-fation
07-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, I really haven't watched any new anime lately! I've just been watching the weekly anime releases. I am however, looking forward to Basilisk and Trinity Blood releases in the US. Both are great!!!

hairlesswookiee
07-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, I really haven't watched any new anime lately! I've just been watching the weekly anime releases. I am however, looking forward to Basilisk and Trinity Blood releases in the US. Both are great!!!

im in the same boat. i kept saying i would watch all these new shows this summer but have yet to get around to it.

carbo-fation
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
im in the same boat. i kept saying i would watch all these new shows this summer but have yet to get around to it.

It's not that I haven't had the time to watch new anime but rather I just haven't found any new ones that interest me!

AZN_Collector
07-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Vash the Stampede

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9136/dscn2085kt6.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4341/dscn2083ga3.jpg

carbo-fation
07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Cool figure! Where did you get it from?

AZN_Collector
07-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Thats a Toycom Vash the Stampede. I costumized it a bit (changed the body to a medicom one, glued the glasses, repainted the head, etc etc)

carbo-fation
07-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Great work! Looks really nice!

carbo-fation
08-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I got my Samurai 7 figures in mail today. I must say, they are really amazing. Their dynamic poses really look awesome! Thanks Toe for telling me about southernisland.com!

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/carbo-fation/?sc=1&multi=7&addtype=local&media=image

TOE
08-02-2006, 06:20 PM
No prolemo Ash!! Here's mine:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010032-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010034.jpg

:D

carbo-fation
08-03-2006, 07:40 AM
They look great Toe. I like your set up~! Who is that hottie on the bottom shelf? :monkey5

TOE
08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
:lol little something Koto was giving away.

KARAS statue:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/karascopy.jpg

Final Fantasy figures by Koto:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010006copy.jpg

carbo-fation
08-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Damn, those look nice! I wish I could've been there as well!

TOE
08-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Final Fantasy:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010012copy-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010011copy-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010010copy.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010009copy.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010008copy.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/S4010007copy.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/P7200018copy.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/P7200021copy.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/sideshowpics/P7200020copy.jpg

TOE
08-25-2006, 12:53 AM
anyone looking forward to watching TRINITY BLOOD on Cartoon Network? I sure am :D

..also, watched a preview of Karas at the con and man this is a trippy movie. Really awesome cinematique.

...also, watch the first 2 episode of Desert Punk and it is funny. Anyone else seen it?

Alice Adrenochrome
08-25-2006, 03:27 AM
...also, watch the first 2 episode of Desert Punk and it is funny. Anyone else seen it?
No I haven't seen it, but read a lot about it, and it's on my wish list for sure. Hope to buy the series on DVD soon!
I'm beginning Samurai7, again! I did so some months ago, but for some reason I stoped after 5 episodes.. guess it's a bit to slow for me. Hope it get's better after the girl finds the Samurai she needs to protect the village...

carbo-fation
08-25-2006, 06:46 AM
anyone looking forward to watching TRINITY BLOOD on Cartoon Network? I sure am :D

..also, watched a preview of Karas at the con and man this is a trippy movie. Really awesome cinematique.

I am not holding my breath for Trinity Blood on CN. They'll heavily edit it and dub it pretty bad. As for Desert Punk, I haven't heard of it yet. Do you have more info on this? Thanks :D

Alice Adrenochrome
09-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Saw the first 5 episodes of Samurai Shamploo yesterday, and it rocked! Like the style, and the humor. Story's great also. The fact that Mugen and Jin always are bickering/fighting is a bit annoying after a while, but I guess as the story evolves, this will change? Can't wait to get further into the action.

I managed to buy a copy of the original Appleseed! I'm curious how it will be, never seen this early version. The 2004 version (Appurushido) rocked!

Alice Adrenochrome
09-05-2006, 02:40 PM
... As for Desert Punk, I haven't heard of it yet. Do you have more info on this? Thanks :D

Desert Punk shows the adventures of a rather short but excellent bounty hunter, that has but one weekness: women :D

Have a look here:
http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=854
and here:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2691683

carbo-fation
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Desert Punk shows the adventures of a rather short but excellent bounty hunter, that has but one weekness: women :D

Have a look here:
http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=854
and here:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2691683

Cool!! Thanks a lot! I'll try to download it very soon!

TOE
09-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Cool!! Thanks a lot! I'll try to download it very soon!

hey, sorry man. I didn't se this thread until now :duh :duh but yeah, it is about some guy that has like crazy technology that other people are not exposed too. it is funny. Kinda reminds me of Trigun actually. Setting is in the desert, short dude goes crazy for girls with big tatas, its cool.

....oh yeah, how about Bleach people? It is also coming to CN :chew :chew

carbo-fation
09-06-2006, 01:23 PM
hey, sorry man. I didn't se this thread until now :duh :duh but yeah, it is about some guy that has like crazy technology that other people are not exposed too. it is funny. Kinda reminds me of Trigun actually. Setting is in the desert, short dude goes crazy for girls with big tatas, its cool.

....oh yeah, how about Bleach people? It is also coming to CN :chew :chew

Yup...Bleach will be on this week I think. I just hope the dubbing isn't as bad as One Piece's! :monkey3

TOE
09-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Saw the first 5 episodes of Samurai Shamploo yesterday, and it rocked! Like the style, and the humor. Story's great also. The fact that Mugen and Jin always are bickering/fighting is a bit annoying after a while, but I guess as the story evolves, this will change? Can't wait to get further into the action.

dang man!!! i expected you to be finished with the whole series by now :o . Yeah, the story is great. The effects are awesome, specially the fight scenes.

....also, does anyone know when the dubbed version of Naruto movie 3 will be out??

carbo-fation
09-07-2006, 08:11 AM
....also, does anyone know when the dubbed version of Naruto movie 3 will be out??

Probably not for a while! I know the subs have been out though.

Tendou-Kabuto
09-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Greetings all

Not sure where to post this but check out my 1/6 Medicom Asuka Gallery-

http://www.centurysendsavior.com/AsukaPlugMedicom.html

If you haven't seen the Rei Gallery from last week she's here-

http://www.centurysendsavior.com/ReiPlugMedicom.html

Dont forget to check out my site too-

www.henshinhobby.com

www.hokutonokentoy.com

hairlesswookiee
09-12-2006, 08:47 AM
i've been out of the loop with anime as well, but to be honest i got burned out on them. Naruto continued to get stale, im so far behind in bleach i dont know when i will catch up, and i havent had a chance to check out anything new yet. has anyone heard of ghost in the shell season 3 yet?? or samurai champloo season 2??

hairlesswookiee
09-12-2006, 01:38 PM
just got back from best buy and i bought the Voltron volume 1 on dvd!!!!! woot woot.

Alice Adrenochrome
09-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Greetings all

Not sure where to post this but check out my 1/6 Medicom Asuka Gallery-

http://www.centurysendsavior.com/AsukaPlugMedicom.html

If you haven't seen the Rei Gallery from last week she's here-

http://www.centurysendsavior.com/ReiPlugMedicom.html

www.henshinhobby.com (http://www.henshinhobby.com)

www.hokutonokentoy.com (http://www.hokutonokentoy.com)

Welcome to the board, Tendou-Kabuto! Good to have you here! The more anime fans, the merrier, right! Thanks for posting the Asuka and Rei galleries. SWEEEEET! I love 'em! I have both of those figures too, and they rock! But, I'm sure you know, posing them is not so easy. I see that your Asuka has the same boob- problem as mine: some half blind person glued 2 identical boob-shells to Asuka's breasts, in stead of a right one, and a left one. It's not symmetrical! Drives me nuts! Didn't have time to check your site yet, but will do so asap.

Alice Adrenochrome
09-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Today, I managed to buy me some anime classics for cheap! Some of these titles I had seen before, but somehow I never had to $ to add them to my collection: Jin Roh, Perfect Blue, The Castle of Cagliostro and Love Hina spring special.
I'm almost finished with Samurai Shamploo: great stuff! And someday... yes someday I'll finish Samurai 7... I love the story, but the first few episodes are so slow...

Tendou-Kabuto
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the board, Tendou-Kabuto! Good to have you here! The more anime fans, the merrier, right! Thanks for posting the Asuka and Rei galleries. SWEEEEET! I love 'em! I have both of those figures too, and they rock! But, I'm sure you know, posing them is not so easy. I see that your Asuka has the same boob- problem as mine: some half blind person glued 2 identical boob-shells to Asuka's breasts, in stead of a right one, and a left one. It's not symmetrical! Drives me nuts! Didn't have time to check your site yet, but will do so asap.

Thanks for your comments Alice. We created our site to showcase and report JP and Asian toys in the style that JP and HK sites do it. Focusing more on the "Art" aspect rather than the "toy" aspect like many US sites. We are small now but in time I think you may find our site to be very interesting. Watch for it's growth! -_^

Like you I am very **** about details So I also noticed the wrong Breatplate on my Asuka. From my experience It seems to be most prominent on the Sideshow release versions which are the ones I have. Unfortunately I noticed a bit late otherwise I would have returned them and bought JP issued ones instead or gotten a correct replacement from SS. My Asuka also has some problem on her right wrist. Seems the sleeve is a bit too long and kinda makes the wrist look baggy. My Rei has a couple of paintnicks in her hair and a tiny little black speck on her cheek. My friend has JP issued ones and they lack all the problems mine have. Infact his are pretty much perfect. The Bastard.

As for Posing, I do agree it can be frustrating at times. The main problem seems to be that the joints are a little too loose, in result they dont hold a position very long or at all. It's a shame as all the poses are technically possible just the joints are a bit weak. if they were just a bit tighter or use Ratchet joints, I dont think we'd encounter the problems we do.

The School Uniform versions look relay nice as does Bandaged Rei. Hopefully these upcoming releases will be free of problems

TOE
09-15-2006, 01:15 AM

www.henshinhobby.com

www.hokutonokentoy.com

WELCOME!!!!

:horse

...when is the Asuka and Rei PVC available for order? also, do you have a pic of this next to Medicom Asuka?

Tendou-Kabuto
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM
WELCOME!!!!

...when is the Asuka and Rei PVC available for order? also, do you have a pic of this next to Medicom Asuka?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Rei and Asuka in bandages PVC statue by Kotobukiya
Rei and Asuka PVC 1/8 is already out. The US price I believe is 49.99

I will take a picture of it next to Medicoms later just for you.

Alice Adrenochrome
09-18-2006, 06:13 PM
... Like you I am very **** about details So I also noticed the wrong Breatplate on my Asuka. From my experience It seems to be most prominent on the Sideshow release versions which are the ones I have. Unfortunately I noticed a bit late otherwise I would have returned them and bought JP issued ones instead or gotten a correct replacement from SS. ... My friend has JP issued ones and they lack all the problems mine have. Infact his are pretty much perfect. ...

That's bad news Tendou! Looks like everyone here on the board that owns a Asuka, got it from SSC, and has the 'breastplate' problem. Is Medicom pushing their faulty pieces on SSC, to sell them to their customers and fans??? That is not very good in my opinion. SSC, please investigate!
Besides the breastplate flaw, my first Asuka had some other issues. So I asked for a replacement. Guess what? I got a new Asuka, but this one also had the breastplate flaw. I left it like that. I just thought that the chance that I'd get a Asuka with symmetrical breastplates where non excitant.

Tendou-Kabuto
09-19-2006, 02:02 AM
That's bad news Tendou! Looks like everyone here on the board that owns a Asuka, got it from SSC, and has the 'breastplate' problem. Is Medicom pushing their faulty pieces on SSC, to sell them to their customers and fans??? That is not very good in my opinion. SSC, please investigate!
Besides the breastplate flaw, my first Asuka had some other issues. So I asked for a replacement. Guess what? I got a new Asuka, but this one also had the breastplate flaw. I left it like that. I just thought that the chance that I'd get a Asuka with symmetrical breastplates where non excitant.

Hi Alice

I am not sure if Medicom sent all their faulty versions to the states, I kno0w several guys at Medicom and honestly I dont think Medicom would do something like that but who knows. I have seen 3 SSC versions and 1 JP version and the JP ver was the one with no flaws. Hard to say tho it could just be my friend was lucky. I still think it sucks tho that we have to have the non symetrical plate..

Tendou-Kabuto
09-20-2006, 05:47 AM
WELCOME!!!!

Here ya go-

http://centurysendsavior.com/fortoe.jpg

TOE
09-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Here ya go-

http://centurysendsavior.com/fortoe.jpg

THANKS !!!! :chew Also, what is the retail price on the Rei and Asuka Kotobukiya figure?

Tendou-Kabuto
09-21-2006, 04:06 AM
THANKS !!!! :chew Also, what is the retail price on the Rei and Asuka Kotobukiya figure?

In the US the SRP is 49.95 but I've seen it around online for as low as $40

It's a nice piece and def worth the money

Alice Adrenochrome
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Just to give the subject a little more visibility, I post this interesting link (http://eva.trivialbeing.net/) to an interview with the Weta guys (doing the design work) on the planned Neon Genesis Evangelion movie.

Here's the link to the tread if you like to discuss.
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13068

Just last weekend I managed to get some EVA's from Soul Of chogokin to add to my collection. The Chogokin EVA's are the finest I have found to date. As far as I know there are 6 different EVA's made. Two more to go for me! Here pix and words from the CollectionDX site:

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/651
http://www.collectiondx.com/node/557
http://www.collectiondx.com/node/558
http://www.collectiondx.com/node/559
http://www.collectiondx.com/node/565
http://www.collectiondx.com/node/564

Chogokin makes some other neat robots as well. The Grendizer/Goldorak has to be my favorite, but the others are well worth getting also.

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/718

Tendou-Kabuto
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Just to give the subject a little more visibility, I post this interesting link (http://eva.trivialbeing.net/) to an interview with the Weta guys (doing the design work) on the planned Neon Genesis Evangelion movie.

Just last weekend I managed to get some EVA's from Soul Of chogokin to add to my collection. The Chogokin EVA's are the finest I have found to date. As far as I know there are 6 different EVA's made. Two more to go for me! Here pix and words from the CollectionDX site:

Chogokin makes some other neat robots as well. The Grendizer/Goldorak has to be my favorite, but the others are well worth getting also.

HAHAHA, Yes, Bandai's SOC line are some of the finest Chogo toys on the market. After all it's their trademark. I own a Lot of them and My favorite piece so far is GX-13 Dancougar (One of my favorite shows when I was younger) but of course I love many of them, Especially all the Mazinger based robots. And dont forget Getter, Grendizer and Gaiking. Voltes V is very nice even tho I'm not a particular fan of the show. Eva ones are great, you do know they plan on upgrading the EVA SOC right? They showed a new prototype this summer at C3 and WF and it looks great (Armor comes off, more articulation, improved proportions), of course many of us collectors were kinda :/ since we already bought the other six they've done and now need to upgrade..

But hey, this is Bandai.

Nice Haul Alice -_^

TOE
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM

are those the possible robots that will be shown in the movie?

Alice Adrenochrome
10-17-2006, 05:50 AM
are those the possible robots that will be shown in the movie?

I hope so!! Design wise, the versions in the movie will certainly be based on the original EVA's. I've seen some Weta concept art that is very very close to the originals. Which EVA's (color/type wise) will be featured in the movie, will depend on rather they stay true to the anime's plot:

The purple EVA (piloted by Shinji) will most certainly be in the movie.
The red EVA (piloted by Asuka) should be in the movie too.
The yellow EVA (piloted by Rei) get's badly damaged in the anime and thus is remade into the Blue EVA. New armor = new color. So the Blue version should be in the movie, the Yellow version... that's a ?.
The black EVA (piloted by Toji, the 4th child) should be in the movie as well, since it get's taken over by Bardiel, the 13th angel and becomes a threat. But, it remains to be seen how many angels will actually attack NERV and Tokyo-3. I don't see them put all 17 angels in one movie...
The chrome colored EVA was never seen in the series. It's the one that gets destroyed when it's experimental S2 engine is activated. Perhaps this one will be in the movie, would be a big surprize for the fans.

Alice Adrenochrome
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Good news everybody: SSC will be importing the bandaged version of REI! Can't wait! I hope this means that we will receive the 12" Asuka in yellow dress at some point also.

carbo-fation
10-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Good news everybody: SSC will be importing the bandaged version of REI! Can't wait! I hope this means that we will receive the 12" Asuka in yellow dress at some point also.

Just saw that on the website. I wish medicom would finally release a Shinji figure as well!

TOE
10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I saw that too!!! :woo Has it ever been released in Asia before of this is the first time the figure is being released? Just wondering perhaps Tendou has some pics of it already in the works.

...in other note, watched inuyasha yesterday, anyone knows if that was the last episode?

Alice Adrenochrome
10-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I saw that too!!! :woo Has it ever been released in Asia before of this is the first time the figure is being released? Just wondering perhaps Tendou has some pics of it already in the works.
It's released in Asia for some time now. Here are more pix (click on image for larger version).
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/vshop/catalog/product_info_reserve.php?products_id=568
Would be great if SSC would import the new Asuka as well!
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/WI/0032.cgi?recno=2574

And Shinji... I don't understand why Medicom hasn't released him yet. It's overdue IMO. He's part of NGE (even if he's a whiner :lol).

TOE
11-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Basilisk is now being shown in IFC channel at 11 on Friday nights. :chew

Tendou-Kabuto
11-06-2006, 10:51 AM

I only wish it were true. that way it'd be much cheaper for me. Asuka onepiece dress is a Evastore exclusive. Seeing as how SSC did not import the HH School Uniform Rei and Asuka I highly doubt we'll see Asuka One Piece Dress ver.. :(

Oh well, It just means more trouble for me in the end..

Asuka goes on sale 1/15/07 at Evastore.jp

Definetly ordering it

Tendou-Kabuto
11-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Just saw that on the website. I wish medicom would finally release a Shinji figure as well!

As I tell many ppl, I highly doubt Medicom will do a Shinji. He's nowhere as popular as Rei and Asuka. Rei and Asuka are prett much their own franchise, they are even more popular than the series itself. In Japan it is not a surprise to get Rei and Asuka anything. Some of the other girls is ok too but Male chars in Eva besides Kaworu are very low on the tier list for figure releases or any release for that matter.

Not to say it will never happn but dont be surprised if the line doesn't go beyond Rei and Asuka which is VERY likely

Tendou-Kabuto
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM

...in other note, watched inuyasha yesterday, anyone knows if that was the last episode?

Bandaged Rei is not out yet. She will be released next month if Medico is on time. whihc I'm guessing not. I will do a Gallery as soon as I have it tho. Not sure if I will buy the JP release or hold off for the SSC release. SSC release is cheaper but takes a couple of more months to get it.

Inuyasha's Last episode is 167. Aside from the "This Story is not over" epilogue at the end of the episode and the special Ending credits. It doesn't really have any indication of an ending storywise. Shame they ended it as the ratings were still good. You can continue following the story through the Manga. The manga still goes on in Japan getting close to 500 chapters soon. And of course it is also released in the US altho I'm sure it's quite a bit behind Japan.

Tendou-Kabuto
11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Basilisk is now being shown in IFC channel at 11 on Friday nights. :chew

BASILISK is GREAT! The anime is even better than the Manga (Altho the Manga has lots of Nude scenes ^0^)

TOE
11-11-2006, 11:15 PM
who's getting one...or more. I definitely will get one :chew

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/images/sta_gits_motoko_L.jpg

Tendou...got pics :monkey3

TOE
11-17-2006, 04:22 PM
BASILISK is GREAT! The anime is even better than the Manga (Altho the Manga has lots of Nude scenes ^0^)

hey Tendou...do you know if Basilisk will have its own figure line??? thanks

Alice Adrenochrome
11-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Bandaged Rei is not out yet. She will be released next month if Medico is on time. whihc I'm guessing not. I will do a Gallery as soon as I have it tho. Not sure if I will buy the JP release or hold off for the SSC release. SSC release is cheaper but takes a couple of more months to get it. ...
Any news there Tendou? Got the bandaged Rei yet?

lcummins
11-28-2006, 09:52 PM

I need more info on this figure!!!! and quick!!!! I love the Major!

lcummins
11-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I hate to admit it, but I get my Anime from Adult Swim on Cartoon Network... Anybody been watching Trinity Blood, Bleach or Eureka Seven?? I'm really getting into these. Actually, I have liked just about every show they have put on so far, especially SAC, Cowboy Bebop, NGE, etc. Eureka just took a weird turn in episodes 30 and 31; wasn't quite expecting the story to turn in that direction...

lcummins
11-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I need more info on this figure!!!! and quick!!!! I love the Major!

Never mind! I did some searching and find her for pre-order at several places. Ended up putting in my order at Entertainment Earth for $74.99; it was the cheapest I found. Anybody order for less? and if so, where?

carbo-fation
11-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I watched Trinity Blood last year and I haven't seen Bleach lately because of the filler episode. I sometimes watch Anime on Adult Swim, but mainly I get most of them online from different websites. If you enjoy watching Trinity Blood, then I highly recommend Basilisk and Hellsing as well. You're going to love both shows! Oh, and Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are still the best anime CN has yet aired, next to DBZ of course!!:D

Alice Adrenochrome
01-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Any of you got the chance to watch the mini series "Sol Bianca-The Legacy"? I recently bought it, and I'm nearly half way. Can't really recommend it yet (as I said, only half way), but if you are like me, a huge fan of Armitage III (Director Hiroyuki Ochi), and you like it's character design, you should give it a try. The first two episodes (of six) got me captured, and I'm certainly trying to get the prequels (Sol Bianca and Sol Bianca 2) also! There's a lot of starship action, and sinds there's only 6 episodes, it never get's boring.

http://animeworld.com/reviews/solbiancalegacy.html

lcummins
01-23-2007, 03:24 PM

Anybody got the Major yet? Entertainment Earth just received their first shipment, so hopefully mine will arrive soon.

WEAPON X
01-24-2007, 12:39 AM
"Fullmetal Alchemist" Brothers Elric, Edward and Alphonse.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6530/329523386d9c68bfd34oyn8.jpg

FYI - Older Brother, Edward is 8 inches tall and younger brother, Alphonse is 12 inches tall. (Medicom RAH DX 220 series)

lcummins
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM

I'll ask again, has anyone received her yet? I know Entertainment Earth received their first shipment... anyone? Pictures? Lassie?

TOE
01-30-2007, 01:59 AM
:monkey2 :monkey2 Sadly I had to cancel mine from cornerstore :monkey2 But with my tax refund I am definitely going to get it.

carbo-fation
02-04-2007, 10:58 AM
I am definetely getting both the Elric brothers with my tax-return! They've been going for around $130 on eby each. Does anyone know of any retailers aside from ebay that are offerring these at a decent price?

lcummins
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I am definetely getting both the Elric brothers with my tax-return! They've been going for around $130 on eby each. Does anyone know of any retailers aside from ebay that are offerring these at a decent price?

Southern Island has exclusive rights to distribute in the US, so you can save a little over eBay...

http://shop.southernisland.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=MEDIAAL

http://shop.southernisland.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=MEDIAED

carbo-fation
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks Lonnie! That is a pretty good price! I just ordered Alphonse! And here I was hoping to order him in a month.....I have no willpower!!:emperor :emperor :emperor

lcummins
02-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Lonnie! That is a pretty good price! I just ordered Alphonse! And here I was hoping to order him in a month.....I have no willpower!!:emperor :emperor :emperor

I really want to order both of them, but Sideshow keeps sending me shipping soon notices!!! Dang, I hope they last for a little while...

carbo-fation
02-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I really want to order both of them, but Sideshow keeps sending me shipping soon notices!!! Dang, I hope they last for a little while...
I hope so too! I haven't seen that many on ebay and I am sure SouthernIsland will have them for a while.

hairlesswookiee
02-04-2007, 01:59 PM
hey guys sorry i've been out of the game, but i finally got a reliable internet source so i can start downloading again. (totally legal by the way!! i download episodes that are recorded from TokyoPop) since im working the graveyard shift now i have a couple hours a night that i can sit down and watch some shows. so now im trying to get caught up with Naruto, Bleach, hopefully the newer Blood series and anything else that seems interesting.
I just sat down with the new Iron Man movie and it was pretty cool!!! i know its not "Anime" but its still a great animated show that i recommend to some of you marvel freaks.

TOE
02-04-2007, 02:02 PM

LONNIE!!!! Is there anyother place where I can buy the figure. I regret cancelling now :monkey2

carbo-fation
02-04-2007, 02:33 PM
hey guys sorry i've been out of the game, but i finally got a reliable internet source so i can start downloading again. (totally legal by the way!! i download episodes that are recorded from TokyoPop) since im working the graveyard shift now i have a couple hours a night that i can sit down and watch some shows. so now im trying to get caught up with Naruto, Bleach, hopefully the newer Blood series and anything else that seems interesting.
I just sat down with the new Iron Man movie and it was pretty cool!!! i know its not "Anime" but its still a great animated show that i recommend to some of you marvel freaks.
Well, you didn't miss much on Naruto. It's still on the fillers, which are scheduled to end on 15th of this month. As for Bleach, the fillers ended two weeks ago so they are back on track. You should also check out Trinity Blood and Monster, both are excellent animes. And there's nothing wrong with downloading animes not legally!:D

lcummins
02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
LONNIE!!!! Is there anyother place where I can buy the figure. I regret cancelling now :monkey2

Try here...

http://www.imageanime.com/ghinshstalco25.html

Site was recommended by Tendou and it still has her available for pre-order. (Cheaper than EE too!)

hairlesswookiee
02-04-2007, 03:09 PM
And there's nothing wrong with downloading animes not legally!:D
ok, i just wanted to clarify so the thread doesn't get closed. thats great that the crappy fillers are ending on two of my favorite shows. the naruto fillers are so lame it just kills me to watch them because it seems like he's not going anywhere as a character or even learning new powers.

Alice Adrenochrome
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/paprika/trailer/

"Evidence that Japanese animators are reaching for the moon, while most of their American counterparts remain stuck in the kiddie sandbox."

Not a quote from me, but I can relate. That's why I love anime so much. It's animated film for an mature audience. I'm really looking forward to this one!

carbo-fation
03-01-2007, 12:35 PM
That looks to be very promising. The animes are becoming better and better each year.
On a side note, the new Naruto season has begun. The fillers are finally over!!:chew :chew :chew

TOE
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/paprika/trailer/

"Evidence that Japanese animators are reaching for the moon, while most of their American counterparts remain stuck in the kiddie sandbox."

Not a quote from me, but I can relate. That's why I love anime so much. It's animated film for an mature audience. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Dude!!!! That looks f'n awesome :rock Thanks Alice.

Although we know that it is an anime and that it is possible for "anything" to happen, the trailer blew my mind away. Is this the same creator of a show in CW called Paranoid Agent? Anyone know? It seems that the animation looks similar.

carbo-fation
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Dude!!!! That looks f'n awesome :rock Thanks Alice.

Although we know that it is an anime and that it is possible for "anything" to happen, the trailer blew my mind away. Is this the same creator of a show in CW called Paranoid Agent? Anyone know? It seems that the animation looks similar.
Paranoia Agent was an excellent anime and I was thinking the same thing. The animation looked similiar. They actually aired Paranoia Agent on CN two years ago.

hairlesswookiee
03-02-2007, 03:43 AM
the new Naruto Shippudden (spelling?) episodes have been pretty cool so far, but it seems that they are stretching them out way more than they should.

Customikey
03-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I picked up Elfen Lied on a whim and was blown away. Probably one of the best animes I have ever seen, not the least because I actually understood the damned ending! TV-MA all the way.

I mean, the entire first episode is about a naked chick who walks through a penitentiary tearing guards apart (very messilly), without even touching them!

My only gripe is that the thinpack DVD set is missing an episode that was made after the innitial series concluded. You can find Episode 14 (also known as 10.5) on YuTube. The missing episode doesn't hurt the story, but it would have been nice to have it. If anyone knows how I can get my hands on it, PM me.

I've also just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. The first few episodes were slooooooowwww. But it's picked up and I'm enjoying it very much.

Of course, more than anything, I'd love to see a continuation of Elfen Lied.

carbo-fation
03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Elfen Lied was another great anime that I enjoyed very much! I was actually happy that it was only 13 episodes (or 14:D) and didn't continue on forever like some shonen animes. If you liked this sort of anime than you'll enjoy Hellsing, Trinity Blood and Basillisk!

drbrad1975
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
My favorites are Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, just about anything Lupin, NGE, Mobile Suit Gundam, Chars Counterattack, Kenshin OAV, and most of X (what a disappointing ending to an otherwise great series!!). But my favorite is Cowboy Bebop...the best ever...just too insanely cool.

Cheers,

Brad

carbo-fation
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
My favorites are Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, just about anything Lupin, NGE, Mobile Suit Gundam, Chars Counterattack, Kenshin OAV, and most of X (what a disappointing ending to an otherwise great series!!). But my favorite is Cowboy Bebop...the best ever...just too insanely cool.

Cheers,

Brad
Great choices Brad. I agree, Cowboy Bebop is one of the best animes ever. You should give Trigun a try; it has a similar feel to it.

Chrakalackis
06-18-2007, 06:30 AM
So I finally started watching Death Note, and I'm really diggin it so far. :cool:

Has anyone pre-ordered these figs yet?

minivader
06-18-2007, 07:12 AM
some of my all time favorits.

Cowboy Bebop
Giant Robo The OVA series
Gundam Team08 (lousy ending, but one of the best gundam action sequences)
Ghost in the shell (movie and TV series)
FLCL
full metal alchemist
full metal panic. (this series gets better and better)
80% of miyazaki films.
akira
Lupin III
Black Lagoon, (the series gets way better after episode 10)
samurai X, love and betrayal
cobra the movie. (probably cant find this in the US.)

minivader
06-18-2007, 07:13 AM
So I finally started watching Death Note, and I'm really diggin it so far. :cool:

want to, but so pricy..... Misa looks so freaking cute.

hairlesswookiee
06-18-2007, 07:15 AM
wow its great to see this thread alive again. i've been keeping up with the naruto shippuden series and blood +. i finally got copies of my friends trigun dvds so im gonna start watching them in a couple weeks.

minivader
06-18-2007, 08:03 AM
wow its great to see this thread alive again. i've been keeping up with the naruto shippuden series and blood +. i finally got copies of my friends trigun dvds so im gonna start watching them in a couple weeks.

there was a really cool blood+ figure from medicom a few years ago, wonder if there is a chance for SS to import that figure since the show is running on cartoon network.

http://www.riuva.com/?p=79

lcummins
06-18-2007, 08:48 AM

I have them on order with Hobby Link Japan, but I'm hoping Sideshow will get them. Brock hinted that in another thread... well, sort of, but I'll take it as a hint! :rotfl

there was a really cool blood+ figure from medicom a few years ago, wonder if there is a chance for SS to import that figure since the show is running on cartoon network.

http://www.riuva.com/?p=79

I have the Saya figure and love it! It comes with two heads! You can still find it at retail if you look, since it only came out last July...

minivader
06-18-2007, 09:00 AM
I have them on order with Hobby Link Japan, but I'm hoping Sideshow will get them. Brock hinted that in another thread... well, sort of, but I'll take it as a hint! :rotfl

I have the Saya figure and love it! It comes with two heads! You can still find it at retail if you look, since it only came out last July...

Lucky You!!!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I wish more anime themed medicom figures can be imported. We are seriously missing out on medicom's real gems. Nobody does japanese 1/6 figures better than japanese toy manufactures)

Alice Adrenochrome
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
ANIME LIVES!

I just bought a Tetsujin and a Black Ox from Bandai/Soul of Chogokin. Two robots from a Japanese 60ies Anime series.

Black Ox
http://www.nippofan-magazine.it/nippofan/Toys/GX-29.htm
Tetsujin
http://www.nippofan-magazine.it/nippofan/Toys/GX-24_T28blu.htm

Hope they arrive here tomorrow!

Got finally to watch 'The Castle of Cagliostro', The first directors work of MIYAZAKI. I've had the DVD for years, but since I'm not a big Lupin III fan, I've somehow ignored it. WRONG!!! This is a masterpiece! Well, it's a very nice anime, that's for sure, I can only recommend it.

And I'm pacing my way through 'Samurai7'. Very slow at the beginning, but it's getting better! Not that it's a bad series, far from it! Just a bit slow.

lcummins
06-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Lucky You!!!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I wish more anime themed medicom figures can be imported. We are seriously missing out on medicom's real gems. Nobody does japanese 1/6 figures better than japanese toy manufactures)

If you're still looking for the Death Note figures, HLJ still has them for pre-order at $120 each...

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Scale=0&MacroType=All&SeriTxt1=Death%20Note&Maker1=MED&Dis=-2&GenreCode=All

minivader
06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
If you're still looking for the Death Note figures, HLJ still has them for pre-order at $120 each...

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Scale=0&MacroType=All&SeriTxt1=Death%20Note&Maker1=MED&Dis=-2&GenreCode=All

thanks for the heads up, but can't. Just got Mushishi (should arrive in a week or 2, can't wait :D ) and there is Boba Fett coming soon, so I'll have to let deathnote go for the moment till I got more funds.

minivader
06-18-2007, 09:53 AM
just out of curiousity, I have heard from different sources that cowboy bebop (my personal choice for best anime series) is actually not that popular in japan and rest of the asia, that's why there are so much fewer merchandise than other equally or less popular anime property (in the USA). Is this true? :confused:

minivader
06-18-2007, 10:41 AM
ANIME LIVES!

I just bought a Tetsujin and a Black Ox from Bandai/Soul of Chogokin. Two robots from a Japanese 60ies Anime series.

Black Ox
http://www.nippofan-magazine.it/nippofan/Toys/GX-29.htm
Tetsujin
http://www.nippofan-magazine.it/nippofan/Toys/GX-24_T28blu.htm

Hope they arrive here tomorrow!

Got finally to watch 'The Castle of Cagliostro', The first directors work of MIYAZAKI. I've had the DVD for years, but since I'm not a big Lupin III fan, I've somehow ignored it. WRONG!!! This is a masterpiece! Well, it's a very nice anime, that's for sure, I can only recommend it.

And I'm pacing my way through 'Samurai7'. Very slow at the beginning, but it's getting better! Not that it's a bad series, far from it! Just a bit slow.

If you liked cagliostro, miyazaki also did 2 episodes of Lupin TV series. I think the name is wings of albatros. Its pretty rare now to find them but they are worth the hunt. I think that's miyazaki's first director works. Also, the future boy Conan (a very good series) is a another TV series part directed/designed by Miyazaki. (I think)

lcummins
06-18-2007, 11:52 AM
thanks for the heads up, but can't. Just got Mushishi (should arrive in a week or 2, can't wait :D ) and there is Boba Fett coming soon, so I'll have to let deathnote go for the moment till I got more funds.

Well, just keep in mind that these aren't due until August!

I just got Ginko myself. Nice figure! Now, if I could just track down the RAH308 version exclusive!

minivader
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, just keep in mind that these aren't due until August!

I just got Ginko myself. Nice figure! Now, if I could just track down the RAH308 version exclusive!

Yeah, I know, but there is the aliens powerloader coming soon too. I am so torn with all these cool 2007 1/6 figures. :D it certainly has been a great year so far.

lcummins
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I know, but there is the aliens powerloader coming soon too. I am so torn with all these cool 2007 1/6 figures. :D it certainly has been a great year so far.

I agree!

I really like the Medicom stuff a lot, so I had to choose based on what I like, and the Hot Toys Preds and Aliens figures lost out. I just canceled the Powerloader last week... can't get them all. :monkey2

minivader
06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree!

I really like the Medicom stuff a lot, so I had to choose based on what I like, and the Hot Toys Preds and Aliens figures lost out. I just canceled the Powerloader last week... can't get them all. :monkey2

I know exactly how you feel. All these up coming products from medi and HT are just driving me crazy. 2 iconic 80's figures, Kenshiro and Powerloader are totally havnig a little war in my mind. in the end, powerloader is just that little bit more attractive to me. (not to mention it comes with ripley :D )

Chrakalackis
06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I did pick up another Edward Elric, when Southern Island had them so cheap on Ebay, I love that fig, it's always been one of my favs.

And I know with a doubt I'm pre-ordering "L" from DN, that fig just looks sooooo cool.

August can't get here soon enough...:monkey5

Chrakalackis
06-21-2007, 05:17 AM
So I DVR'd Voltron this morn on Cartoon Network, and I'm pretty stoked. I haven't seen a Voltron episode in years, and had no idea CN was running it now, I just happened by thier site yesterday... Oh the power of the internet.

VOLTRON!!! :chew