All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
i have yet to see an anime section or thread. so i want to know who else watches anime and what you are watching!!! which is your all time favorite show , and what was the first anime you saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ANIME???

If Akira or Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away count, then I'm sort of a tolerant (can't say I'm a fan). But for me Adult Swim is all about Venture Brothers and nothing else.

I have really gotten into the anime Adult Swim shows. I am a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist, NGE, Cowboy Bepop, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell SAC, etc. I have always liked anime, but just never had a chance to watch much until Adult Swim...

I can't wait for the two NGE figures to ship, and hope they make more! :naughty

HEY! 1800 posts! WOOT!!!

I LOVE Spirited Away. I find hentai to be fun but it's too strange to be taken seriously.

The first anime film I saw was in the 80's and was translated into Supernatural Beastie City. I think it's called something else now. I loved it! It was so Bladerunner like. I must have seen it about 6 times. Unfortunately, I've never seen it dubbed or subtitled so I haven't a clue what was really going on.

My daughter loves Armitage Duel Matrix for the kick ass female protagonist. I like it, too. Esp. how beautiful future Chicago is and seeing (hearing) Jar Jar work again.

Last edited:

Every Myazaki film. He's the greatest anime creator.
Also another Studio Gibli, Grave of the Fireflies, one of the saddest things Ive ever seen.
Akira ranks as one of my all time favourite anime and films too.

Gotta love the anime!

Oh, it's a bit of a hybrid but my favorite would have to be the Ani-Matrix DVD.

The first anime I saw was probably Speed Racer when I was little kid, and it's still my favorite. G-Force, Starblazers and Robotech were also big faves back then. Hellsing is probably my favorite of the newer stuff.

I've been watching Neon Genesis Evagelion on Cartoon Network. We're almost at the last episode and I have no idea what the heck is going on.

BDboystoys said:
Every Myazaki film. He's the greatest anime creator.
Also another Studio Gibli, Grave of the Fireflies, one of the saddest things Ive ever seen.
Akira ranks as one of my all time favourite anime and films too.

I totally agree with you about all of these titles. I couldn't believe how sad Grave of the Fireflies was. I wish Robot Carnival was available on DVD. It's another great one.

My Favorites:
Robotech
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Bastard!
Non-americanized Gundam
Most Miyazaki
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
Robot Carnival (I agree Batty)

Grendizer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and here he was called Goldorak !!!!!!).Big part of my childhood memories...oh yeah and Astro- boy too....:google :google

awesome!!! im so happy people chimed in on this one. ive been into anime for roughly 10 years now. but the past 3 years ive been HUGE into anime. i have yet to see grave of the fireflies or robot carnival.(on my list though). right now my favorite shows are: Naruto, Bleach, Samurai 7, and Hellsing. if you guys are looking for a great movie that is at blockbuster check out Appleseed you wont be dissapointed. i also have all the robotech remastered, gundam wing, ghost in the shell (movies and tv show), initial D, ninja scroll (tv and movie), bubblegum crisis, karas. and some more that i cant think of off the top of my head.

**if anyone wants a copy of something let me know i have no problem doing it for you.

I was introduced to anime with Vampire Hunter D...wich I really enjoyed...I like Akira and Ghost In The Shell was really well gone IMO....When i was younger I liked Fist of the North Star and also liked the Fatal Fury series...but to be honest I have really seen any new anime sine Ghost In the Shell...SS should do some GITS figures...

I'm a huge animé fan, ever since Akira came out here in Europe. Back in those days, it was really hard to get your hands on animé video tapes. Yes, no DVD's back then! In those days, animé was pretty much an insider thing, real black market stuff! Wicked City, Dominion Tank Police, 3X3 Eyes, Doomed Megalopolis, Fist of the North Star, Patlabor, Jin-Roh and the earlier mentioned Akira where among the popular films/series then. Many of these older animés are still worth watching, mostly due to their great stories. The animation techniques have taken a big leap since then though. The new version of Appleseed (the original OVA dates from '88!), Steam Boy, Tokio Godfathers, ... eyecandy galore. I have a big animé collection, but there is still so much to see! Currently I have four series on order, can't wait till they arrive!
So far, my favorite animés are Akira, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Armitage III Polymatrix and Armitage: Dual-Matrix, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Appleseed, Parasite Dolls, Record of Lodoss War, Chobits, Vision of Escaflowne... there are to many to mention. And there is still so much to see!

Some of my favorite anime are Ghost in the Shell 1, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Spriggan, Cowboy bebop (Movie and the series), Appleseed I & II, Steam Boy, Vampire Hunter D, Sol Bianca (movie and Tv series), Gunsmith Cats, Patlabor (movies and TV series), Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaa.
I've seen a couple episodes of Bubblegum Crisis and liked what I saw.

screamingmetal said:
Some of my favorite anime are Ghost in the Shell 1, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Spriggan, Cowboy bebop (Movie and the series), Appleseed I & II, Steam Boy, Vampire Hunter D, Sol Bianca (movie and Tv series), Gunsmith Cats, Patlabor (movies and TV series), Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaa.
I've seen a couple episodes of Bubblegum Crisis and liked what I saw.

Ninja Scroll!! Man I loved that one..I had totally forgotten about it....I still have about 15-20 anime movies on VHS but no VCR...Now I want to go buy a cheap $20 VCR to revisit some old anime....damn..I really want to watch Ninja Scroll..maybe I'll just get NS on DVD....

kingdarkness03 said:
Ninja Scroll!! Man I loved that one..I had totally forgotten about it....I still have about 15-20 anime movies on VHS but no VCR...Now I want to go buy a cheap $20 VCR to revisit some old anime....damn..I really want to watch Ninja Scroll..maybe I'll just get NS on DVD....
make sure you get the 10th anniversary DVD that came out. its great to watch the special features and the making of stuff. oh by the way if anyone wants a copy of any of my movies (they are backups of my original copies) let me know, i dont mind doing it if you pay the shipping, or maybe we can arrange a swap or something. i cant wait for the new hellsing show too!! its supposed to come out sometime this year.

hairlesswookiee said:
make sure you get the 10th anniversary DVD that came out.

Wow..didnt even know there was one..will have to check it out...thanks wookiee:D

OMG....I never imagined anybody in this forum to be into anime. I am so glad someone brought this up. I have been watching anime ever since I can remember. I started out with Saber Rider and Captain Tsubasa back in Germany and once I moved to the US, I became an anime fanatic. I watch anime almost everyday, usually the newest releases of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Black Cat, Blood, and many more. I also have a wide variety of anime I have purchased over the years, including Ghost in the Shell, Akira, almost all of Miyasaki movies, Grave of the Fireflies, Appleseed, and many more.....
I have seen many completed anime series like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic (all three seasons), Samurai Deeper Kyo, Dragon Ball (Z and evern GT), Monster, Basilisk, Gun Grave, Ghost in the Shell, Cyborg 009, Onegai Teacher and Twins, Berserk, Hellsing, YuYu Hakushu, Outlaw Star, Air, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, G-Gundum, Mobile Suit Gundum, Zeta Gundum, Gundum Seed, Gundum Seed Destiny, Ninja Scroll, Prince of Tennis, Wolf's Rain, Tenjo Tenge, Chrono Crusade, Gantz, Inu Yasha, Saiyuki, and many, many more...

I am also very much into Manga. I have over 20 different series which I am currently reading and buying. But thanks to the internet, I have decreased my spending on Anime and Manga, and just download them for free via bitorrent and other (il-)legal means. If you have any questions about any anime or manga, or want to know about some cool websites, PM me.

Just to chime in and sorta second what everybody has been saying, that some anime movies and series are downright amazing. Tops on my list is Cowboy Bebop, followed by Neon Genesis Evangelion (am I the only one who ordered Rei and Asuka?), FLCL and pretty much everything Miyazaki. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest films I have ever seen, but it was breathtaking. Also a big fan of the original Blood (check this out if you like BTVS) Thanks for starting this thread, way cool topic!

Seaward said:
Also a big fan of the original Blood (check this out if you like BTVS) Thanks for starting this thread, way cool topic!

man i thought i was the only person who has seen it..it was even on showtime a couple years ago. i was hoping they would make a sequel or something. i loved how super gory it was.

Back