Well they finally got me (update)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstep13

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was burlagrized last night. It was probably a matter of time since Im always getting high end stuff delivered to my house. Out of all the high end stuff I have, guess what collectibles these idiots took?

My Sideshow Silver Surfer statue
My Takara Prime, Thundercracker and Starscream (left Megs and Grimlock lol)
Out of 60 or so 25th Anni Joes, they took a handful of Joes (incl 2 Snake Eyes) and left all the Cobra figs untouched.
They had my Sideshow 1:1 Spiderman bust out on the floor and had the glass door open to my ROTS 1:1 Vader bust.
They took a custom McFarlane Jason Taylor figure that I had made like 4 years ago and McFarlane Dan Marino figure. Left the rest of McFarlane's untouched.

We're not sure if my wife pulled up and scared them away or they just run out of room and time.

Besides the collectibles, the scumbags took all my finacee's jewelry incl family heirlooms. Flat Panel 46" TV, Sony Vaio Computer, Digital Camera, all my son's family DVDs and all of my Blu Rays except Gladiator. Left the rest of my 400+ DVD's untouched.

They apparently packed some of this stuff in 2 of my suitcases (had a 3rd empty one pulled out) and took off.

It was really odd, they obviously had no idea about value and took their "favorites." Their jaw probably dropped when they opened the door to my room. Honestly, it couldve (and shouldve) been much worse.

All I gotta say is THANK THE MAKER MY FAMILY IS SAFE. (And for insurance...) :rotfl

Let this be a lesson to the naive like I was, get insurance (which I have) and get a burglar alarm (which I will have installed tomorrow).

Last edited:
Re: Well they finally got me

That sucks, but at least your family is safe. Let's hope these scumbags are brought to justice.

That must have been the first release of Gladiator if they left it behind.

That sucks but atleast your family is safe.

Your also lucky they didn't just trash what they didn't take!

Good to hear everyone is safe. Also good thing you have insurance, sorry to hear about this though. I'm sure the ditch rats left a mess.

That really sucks but glad everyone is alright.

Are there a lot of burglaries in your area?

Sorry to hear that, at least the insurance covers it but I know the feeling of knowing someone was in your house must suck.

An alarm sticker/sign by the front door helps a lot I think.

I have paid staff watching my house when I'm away, Titus and Sam, a Doberman and Pitt Bull.

Thanks everyone. Yeah I have insurance ::whew::

I think like Vader AL said, next step is to get a dog. My 5-year-old has been asking us for one anyways and his birthday is next month.

Alarm is def. the way to go too...just wanted to vent to my peeps who would understand :peace

Not a whole lotta burglaries in the neighborhood that we're aware of. We've only lived here for about 9 months. Pretty quiet neighborhood, lotsa blue collar workers here, so Im actually kinda surprised. But like I said, couldve been much MUCH worse....

Forgot to mention also, they actually used the Iron Man 2 maquette box with it inside (it was all boxed up waiting to be returned because of the helmet issues) to prop open the garage door while they were doing something in there. That wouldve been like $500 right out the door right there.

I am sick for you, but glad to hear everyone is safe.

We had a house built and were burglarized the week we moved in. The next day, we had an alarm system installed. 18 months later, we were broken into, again. It is only STUFF, but still very hard not to be upset about it.

I hope there is a chance that they'll get caught and you can get your stuff back...

Not a whole lotta burglaries in the neighborhood that we're aware of. We've only lived here for about 9 months. Pretty quiet neighborhood, lotsa blue collar workers here, so Im actually kinda surprised. But like I said, couldve been much MUCH worse....

Forgot to mention also, they actually used the Iron Man 2 maquette box with it inside (it was all boxed up waiting to be returned because of the helmet issues) to prop open the garage door while they were doing something in there. That wouldve been like $500 right out the door right there.

I am surprised they even took any of the collectibles. I once had some guys delivering something to my place and I had a NECA talking Bateman next to a Grievous PF. They commented on the Bateman. Most people don't know what any of this stuff is worth.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about this but very glad everyone is okay. Hope you don't go through too much hassle with the insurance company and that the cops find these guys.

Dude this sucks so much. Glad you and the family are ok though. So I've considered getting insurance to cover the collectibles and stuff, but what exactly do they cover when it comes time to make a claim? Do they cover what you paid, or do they pay what it's worth??
For instance, say you had a Doom PF Excl. stolen. No way you will find one for a reasonable price. Would you get stuck paying for the difference?

Sorry to hear that man. Hope th einsurance works out.

I think like Vader AL said, next step is to get a dog.

Get one of these. No one will ever dare enter the house.

killer_dog.jpg

Back