SW: 12" or 1/4 PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what would you choose?

• Total voters
I voted PF, as I like statues BIG, plus the detail can (should) be finer on a
1/4 scale statue or PF than a 12" figure. The figures are great too, but the
exposed joints are off-putting for me, as I want something that looks as real
as possible for my display purposes.

1/4 scale or bigger would be my preference for everything!

JS :monkey5

I have to say 12"...for the price of one PF i can 5 or 6 12"..plus they can produce 12" faster than PF....

JSAuctionService said:
I voted PF, as I like statues BIG, plus the detail can (should) be finer on a
1/4 scale statue or PF than a 12" figure. The figures are great too, but the
exposed joints are off-putting for me, as I want something that looks as real
as possible for my display purposes.

1/4 scale or bigger would be my preference for everything!

JS :monkey5

Well, JS if all the SW figs come out looking like Luke you don't see the joints.

I thought I could choose but I can't. I only have Vader for PF and no 12". Do I have to give up my busts too?

Well, after getting the PF Vader recently, I can say that even without seeing any of the 12" pieces in person, I would much rather have the Premium Format. Vader is just incredible.

I've been bitten by the PF bug and I love it! :google

Man, this is a lot closer than I thought... lotta people wit lots of disposable income around here!
On the other hand, how many PF statues are released in a year? Still, you have to buy a lot of 12" figures to make up for the cost of one PF statue.

I had to go with the 1:6th figures all the way... I love PF, but because of the cost I am unable to collect many of them. If I made more cash, I'd probably be on the other side of the fence, but I would still buy the 1:6th figures. I guess I just like the constant stance and costume changes that are possible at that scale.

PF is so much more detailed and beautiful, but you can't change it. Takes away just a little bit of the fun for me.. I love it all though... probably why I am sporting cheap Chucks on my feet and my clothes are haggard and old. Too much cool stuff, not enough money to have it all...

Although I really like Sideshow's Premium format...If I had to choose, I would go with the 12''..just for the Amazing posability of these....+ they are less expensive, sometimes the sculpt even surpass the 1/4 and they take less space....

I voted 12" also...makes sense since I've got all 7 exclusives on pre-order! (That's right, my Luke hasn't been processed, charged or shipped yet..."You must learn patience" a wise jedi-master once told me...)

I would go for the odd PF depending on sculpt and pose...like a BOBA FETT! Since I do like the fabric clothes, etc. on a statue...but I've always dug the 12" figures for ease of posability for different scenes once I get tired of a certain look. Plus, the 12" format goes across the boards for all my movie figures (Various Medicom/Takara, Medicom Blade Runner, upcoming Hot Toys Robocop/Ed-209, Hot Toys Aliens Marines, Hot Toys Predator, Custom 12" Indiana Jones and now Sideshow S.W. and LOTR!)

:r2d2line

I went with the PF since they are what I really prefer. I'm getting the PF of my favorite characters and the ones I think will look the best in that format, 12" I'm only doing prequel Jedi and of course Jedi Luke and a few others for special display purposes. Dooku is a big debate for me...PF or 12"...:confused:

As for poseability...I tend to pose them and leave them that way. I'm not one for change so maybe that is why. I got my very first Bond figure in July of 2003 Sir Sean has held the same pose since then.

Last edited:
Back