Dragon*Con 2010 Star Wars Programming Schedule

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
2 weeks from today. Already? Damn. :google

Anyway, come watch me roast the PT in front of SW diehards! I hope they don't bring tomatoes. I'm allergic...

FRIDAY

Meet the staff of SW@D*C, hear what's set for the weekend, then meet the 501st, R2 Builders, Rebel Legion, Jedi Assembly, and the Mandolorian Merchs.
Fri 10:00 am; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

SW Costuming and Accessorizing
Costuming for SW is as vast as the universe. Get hints & tips for costumes you've been working on & those accessories to make it over the top.
Guests: Cheralyn Lambeth, Erin Leigh Bushko
Fri 11:30 am; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

New York Jedi Lightsaber Exhibition
Live from New York, it's a lightsaber fight! Come meet the NY Jedi and see their amazing saber skills and battles.
Fri 01:00 pm; « International South; 1 Hour(s)

Meet the Stars of SW
A Sith Lord, a young Bounty Hunter, and the head of a Royal Family...together in one room. We'll provide the stars, you provide the questions!
Moderator: Carl Cunningham; Guests: Daniel Logan, Ray Park, Phil LaMarr, Ashley Eckstein
Fri 02:30 pm; Regency VI - VII; 1 Hour(s)

The Toys of SW, Collecting the Universe
Meet a real life action figure, find out the secrets of SW toys, & what you must have for your collection!
Fri 04:00 pm; L401-L403; 1 Hour(s)

30 Years Since the Empire Struck Back!
Episode V turns 30 in 2010 and it's time to celebrate. Come prepared to discuss ESB with some enthusiasts!
Fri 05:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Original Trilogy vs. Prequel Trilogy Debate
Yes, there are people out there that love Episodes 1-3. Here's a friendly debate on the merits and faults of each trilogy.
Guests: A.C. Crispin, Carl Cunningham; Panelists: TBA
Fri 07:00 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Droid Building 101
The R2 Builders are here to show you how you could build your own astromech droid! Come see their innovations and ask questions!
Moderator: Carl Cunningham; Panelists: Andrew Schwartz, Dennis Cobb, John Palmeri
Fri 08:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Lightspeed Dating
Looking for your Han Solo or Princess Leia? Maybe you'll find your geek match with us.
Fri 10:00 pm; L401 - L403; 2.5 Hour(s)

SATURDAY
Dragon*Con Parade
Sat 10:00 am; Parade; 1 Hour(s); Approved

Can we Build it?
Droids, lightsabers, blasters, armor? Yes, we can, and we'll show you how!
Sat 11:30 am; L401-L403; 1 Hour(s)

Star Wars Costume Contest
Got a killer bounty hunter, sith, jedi, wookie, or other SW costume? Show it off! Sign-up w/ the Rebel Legion at their table Thur.&Fri. of Con!
Guests: Ashley Eckstein(J)
Sat 01:00 pm; Regency VI - VII; 2.5 Hour(s)

Meet the Stars of Star Wars
A Sith Lord, a young Bounty Hunter, and the head of a Royal Family...together in one room. We'll provide the stars, you provide the questions!
Guests: Daniel Logan, Ray Park, Phil LaMarr
Sat 04:00 pm; International South; 1 Hour(s)

Star Wars Sciences in Real Life
What technology, science, medicine, etc. from Star Wars could actually happen in real life?
Guests: Dr. John E. Bradford, Bill Keel
Sat 05:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Mr. Star Wars
An improv/comedy/Fanboy challenge. Who's the biggest fanboy in the galaxy? Sign-up to participate in the Track Room! An ATL w00t Girl Production.
Sat 07:00 pm; A601 - A602; 1 Hour(s)

Last Party on Alderaan - Setup
Sat 08:30 pm; A601 - A602; 1 Hour(s)

Last Party on Alderaan
Tonight we're going to party like it's the end of the world!
Sat 10:00 pm; A601 - A602; 4 Hour(s)

FanFic Slash
After Hours is where the Freaks come out at night! Come get your geek on! NC-17 Notes: W/ Whedon, X-track, etc.
Sat 11:30 pm; International D; 1 Hour(s)

SUNDAY
Saber School
For the padawans (kids)...foam lightsabers and instruction/1:1 time with the NY Jedi! Parental Supervision required.
Sun 10:00 am; International North; 1 Hour(s)

Philosophy, Religion & Morals of SW
What life lessons are learned from Star Wars, where'd they come from, and are they related to the real world?
Sun 11:30 am; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Meet the Stars of Star Wars
Moderator: Carl Cunningham; Guests: Daniel Logan, Ray Park, Ashley Eckstein
Sun 01:00 pm; Centennial I; 1 Hour(s)

Ask the Authors
Ask your favorite SW Authors what they think. Talk about their books, which plots they loved, hated, never would do again, etc. Bring Questions!
Guests: Kevin J. Anderson, A.C. Crispin, Rebecca Moesta, Timothy Zahn, Michael Stackpole
Sun 02:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

SW Comics and Art
What's new in the SW Art community? Trading Cards, posters? Meet some of the artists as well! And which comics are the must haves?
Guests: Randy Martinez, Possible: Paul Ballard
Sun 04:00 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Meet Chad Vader!
How to make a fan video with Chad Vader!
Guests: Chad Vader
Sun 05:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Race of the Tauntauns
You've heard about it online, now come watch it in person or participate with your own tauntaun sleepingbag!
Sun 07:00 pm; A601 - A602; 1 Hour(s)

Star Wars vs. Avatar
Avatar has been called this generation's Star Wars & is killing the records. Any staying power and any merit to this?
Sun 08:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Adult Themes in SW
Not for the kids! LGBTQ, Sex, Slave Leia, Murder of Younglings, Prostitution, Death Stix, etc...it's all here. But what else is missing? 18+
Guests: Aaron Allston, Timothy Zahn
Sun 10:00 pm; Hanover C - E; 1 Hour(s)

MONDAY
Clone Wars & SW Cartoons
Ewoks, Bounty Hunters, young Anakin...what's your favorite? What's next for Clone Wars and Cartoon Network?
Guests: Phil LaMarr, Ashley Eckstein
Mon 10:00 am; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

The Music of SW
John Williams set the standard. What's your favorite, how does it move you, & did you catch it live in concert?
Mon 11:30 am; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Race in Star Wars
Star Wars always has drama & controversy-join us for a discussion of how Lucas treats the races in the SW Universe as well as in casting characters!
Guests: Kevin J. Anderson, Rebecca Moesta
Mon 01:00 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Star Wars Stole That!
Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon, anyone? Where did Lucas come up with his ideas for SW, and did he borrow from or pay homage to those that came before?
Mon 02:30 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Order 66
The end has come. What did you like/hate? What can we do/not do next year?
Mon 04:00 pm; L401 - L403; 1 Hour(s)

Last edited:
Heh, Star Wars vs Avatar. That should be amusing. I make no apologies about loving Cameron's movie but will people still be "celebrating" it in 30 years and paying to get autographs from uncredited stuntmen? Not a chance.

Heh, Star Wars vs Avatar. That should be amusing. I make no apologies about loving Cameron's movie but will people still be "celebrating" it in 30 years and paying to get autographs from uncredited stuntmen? Not a chance.

They asked me if I wanted to do that one, and I declined. I figure I might irritate enough folks on the OT vs PT panel. :lol

I'm not sure what their video plans are for this year. Lucasfilm won't be there (they do Dragon*Con every-other year) and they usually film EVERYTHING for their own Archives. I think those "Meet The Stars of Star Wars" panels are going to be live broadcast on Dragon*Con TV in all the hotels. But I'm not quite sure yet. I'll ask.

Man, an OT vs PT panel is pretty dumb. I mean we're supposed to all be fans of the same franchise. This is why I personally seperate myself from most of the Star Wars fans out there.

Man, an OT vs PT panel is pretty dumb. I mean we're supposed to all be fans of the same franchise. This is why I personally seperate myself from most of the Star Wars fans out there.

You forgot to add *in my opinion* to that. :impatient:

:panic: :panic: :panic:

:wink1:

Man, an OT vs PT panel is pretty dumb.

Well IJ did say "roast" which implies a little more reverence than the usual bashing. Part of the fun of both the OT and PT is that you can critique the hell out of them, even laugh at them, and still enjoy watching them 500 times.

Well IJ did say "roast" which implies a little more reverence than the usual bashing. Part of the fun of both the OT and PT is that you can critique the hell out of them, even laugh at them, and still enjoy watching them 500 times.

Yup, thats how I approach it. I can pick them apart if I so choose (I don't mind you) but I could and still enjoy the hell out of them. Sadly, some can't and won't let things go.

Exactly. I don't hate the PT entirely and it does have its merits, but I do also believe it's vastly inferior to the OT and will state my reasons so. There will be none of that "Everything about Trilogy X is crap and everything about Trilogy X rulez the world" foolishness. This will be a live panel/debate with rational discourse. In other words, the opposite of the internet. :lol

OT is clearly better in almost every way, everyone knows that. It's a fact. Like the son is hot, that's another fact. :wink1:

Exactly. I don't hate the PT entirely and it does have its merits, but I do also believe it's vastly inferior to the OT and will state my reasons so.

Whoever's debating against you will hopefully key in on ROTJ's shortcomings or the entire discussion will be extremely one-sided. Nostalgia is a poweful thing but if I were to rate the movies exclusively on filmmaking merits alone I'd put ROTS slightly ahead of Jedi. If it weren't for those damn digital clones it would have been a route.

Back