Custom Black pearl project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardstyle lover

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm thinkin of building my self a Replica of the black pearl from pirates of the caribbean

It's a full size wooden model kit. so it's not going to be easy
only one problem thou , finding the black seals

Pics of one of the kits

The real black pearl:

black-pearl.jpg

The model of the black pearl:

T2as4XXg8cXXXXXXXX_!!218630291.jpg

T2_s8XXlxaXXXXXXXX_!!218630291.jpg

T2YI0XXklcXXXXXXXX_!!218630291.jpg

T2HZ0XXmJcXXXXXXXX_!!218630291.jpg

I'll just have to do something about the colours of the Statue in front and the cannons

They have to come black to

Cheers

Going to place my order normaly this month for this kit

Looks really cool!

I presume you can just dye the sails black unless they're some sort of water-resistant fabric. Failing that, just paint them; much easier than remaking them from black fabric. (you did mean "sails" and not "seals", right?)

Looks really cool!

I presume you can just dye the sails black unless they're some sort of water-resistant fabric. Failing that, just paint them; much easier than remaking them from black fabric. (you did mean "sails" and not "seals", right?)

I'd be thinking the same thing... try to dye them first, if that doesn't work use very watered down black paint.

Actually, the watered down black paint would probably look better (less consistent) anyway... I'd start with that. Although, it would be a good idea to test on a piece of scrap material to make sure you can get the desired effect.

Back