Detolf part replacement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cokebabies

Super Freak
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm hoping to maybe get an answer in its own thread...

I bought a Detolf in NY, and brought it with me on my move to CO. When I got here, I found out my Detolf is missing the two long pieces of rubber/plastic that hold the back pieces together.

Since the receipt apparently didn't make it through the move, I can't get those pieces replaced. Does anyone have an idea of what I could use in place of those strips?

img0123r.jpg

Buy one from Ikea and take this one back and tell them the strips were missing?

:lol .. reminds me of that trick where if your one of your console games gets badly scratched and becomes unplayable ..rent the game out and swap the discs.

Thanks!

But, I'm assuming the answer will be: "There are no Ikeas in Colorodo :( "

:lol .. reminds me of that trick where if your one of your console games gets badly scratched and becomes unplayable ..rent the game out and swap the discs.

Ahhhh So YOU'RE the reason they started putting those labels on the games...

Ahhhh So YOU'RE the reason they started putting those labels on the games...

Hey i only done it once ..t'was Crash team racing on the ps1 , what are these labels? ..first iv'e heard of them, hardly rent anything ..that may be why.

hahaha. reminds me of what l did. the first detolf l bought was the birch color. then l bought another one with the black tops because l liked it better. but now my 2 detolfs did not match. one was birch and the other black. so what l did was take the black one l just bought and took it back to ikea. but before l did that, l took out the black tops and put that on my original birch color detolf, so now its is black. then put the birch tops in the packaging of the new black detolf l bought. l then took the plastic strips you are talking about out of the box and kept them. l also kept all the hardware because l plan on building my own detolf. so l brought back the black detolf which now had my birch tops in it and l exchanged it for a another black detolf. so now l have to black detolfs and an extra hardware set and the plastic strips so l can build my own. l just said it was damaged and they went and got me another one. l know im going to hell.:lol

Back