Novel-To-Film Adaptation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am making this thread after reading a previous thread this morning recommending a book that should be adapted to the big screen. I actually thought about making this a while back when i was stuck for a book to read so here goes, list the books your reading and what might make a good adaptation, we can then hopefully have plenty of books/audio books to catch up on :)

Blood Meridian is one of the greatest American novels ever written and I believe is truly unfilmable, but of course it is supposedly in the works, and has been for sometime. I personally don't believe it'll happen, but if it does it'll take a miracle to pull off.

Jonathan Franzen who is one of the greatest living American writers has a new novel coming out at the end of this month titled "Freedom" and Scott Rudin has already optioned it. Rudin also optioned Franzen's last novel ("Corrections") 9 years ago and nothing has come from that yet, but I'm looking forward to the read for sure.

Blood Meridian is one of the greatest American novels ever written and I believe is truly unfilmable, but of course it is supposedly in the works, and has been for sometime. I personally don't believe it'll happen, but if it does it'll take a miracle to pull off.

Jonathan Franzen who is one of the greatest living American writers has a new novel coming out at the end of this month titled "Freedom" and Scott Rudin has already optioned it. Rudin also optioned Franzen's last novel ("Corrections") 9 years ago and nothing has come from that yet, but I'm looking forward to the read for sure.

Seems like its cool to adapt Cormac's work right now so i would say there is a good possibility

And thanks for the Franzen books, sounds interesting i will check them out

Abarat. Preferably animated. Disney has the rights, but to my knowledge, they're not doing anything with 'em.

Well i actually thought that was a book specific thread so i thought i would create this thread for everybody to share their novel to film ideas

I just did a back to back reading of Infected and Contagious by Scott Sigler and I'd love to see those two (and the eventual third book) to be made into a trilogy of flicks.

Also, I'd love to see Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk FINALLY made into a movie.

CatsCradle%281963%29.jpg

I absolutely would love this to be made into a film! Last I heard Dicaprio was going to make it but I dunno what is up with that.

Back